• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Charity

Charity

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:More than anything else in the world I love being with my family, which includes my amazing husband and our three gorgeous daughters. We are currently expecting number four, and are so excited! I am of course a mother first, but I am a writer second. I am a nut about names and etymology in general. I love reading; I’m a sucker for both the more modern fantasy books, like Harry Potter, and the also classics, like Shakespeare. Music is another thing that I could’ve live without, and I have to say my tastes definitely lean towards modern rock: Nickelback, Hinder, Papa Roach, and Theory of a Deadman are my very favorites. Not too big on television, but I couldn’t live without Lost. I also love cars (and driving them!), and I am the proud “mommy” of a Ford Mustang. I’m also pretty big on talking and I like to see myself as friendly, so I hope to see you around the boards!

Posted 11 May 2008 - 12:38 PM

So yet again my best friend and I have gone through a spurt of creativity and I’ve found myself with another potential character (a vampire, to be precise) occupying my mind… I’m just having a bit of trouble with the name. She would be the second daughter of two full-blood vampires, and our trend with them is just to have the more classic, beautiful-sounding names… nothing too “out there”. I’ve come up with a few thus far, what do you guys think sound best? If you have any more ideas, please feel free to suggest them! Middle names, too.

And since I didn’t specify, her sister’s name is Genevieve -- Ginny, for short. My favorite of the ones I picked out might be Tatiana, but I'm a little concerned about using it because I have another character by the name of Anastasia and as much as I love the Romanov history, I don't want to look like I was just stealing names of the Grand Duchesses.

Thanks guys :)

Edit: Maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't get the poll to work. These are the names I thought up on my own:

Delilah Devon
Graciela Devon
Ophelia Devon
Ruby Devon
Tatiana Devon

#2 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 694 posts
  • Interests:I love reading...Romance and fantasy novels mostly, though I do get into some other genres every now and then. I also LOVE music...Mainly older music, but some newer stuff, also. I LOVE the Beatles! They are the greatest! lol. I also love to just drive around in my car...And shopping! When Ihave money, I LOVE to shop!

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:42 PM

I think Ophelia and Tatiana sound the best with Genevieve and are very gorgeous!!

#3 Kate

Kate

Star Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:13 PM

I'd go with Ophelia, it's got that same old-fashioned feeling as Genevieve.

#4 Jennifer

Jennifer

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:I am a widow, I have 5 children, 3 at home still. Right now they keep me too busy to have my own interests or at least to give them much time. I do love taking pictures and changing backgrounds etc on the computer. I read when I get a chance.

Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:50 PM

Some other names with an origin of Romania....

CĂTĂLINA
DACIANA
DENISA
ECATERINA
ELISABETA
GEORGETA
MADALINA
MIRELA
NARCISA
NICOLETA
PETRONELA
SORINA
VIOLETA

out of your choices I like Tatiana

#5 Nicole

Nicole

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:polka dots, strawberries, comfortable clothes, chocolate, good music, baby things, working with kids, blogging, my friends

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:55 AM

So yet again my best friend and I have gone through a spurt of creativity and I’ve found myself with another potential character (a vampire, to be precise) occupying my mind… I’m just having a bit of trouble with the name. She would be the second daughter of two full-blood vampires, and our trend with them is just to have the more classic, beautiful-sounding names… nothing too “out there”. I’ve come up with a few thus far, what do you guys think sound best? If you have any more ideas, please feel free to suggest them! Middle names, too.

And since I didn’t specify, her sister’s name is Genevieve -- Ginny, for short. My favorite of the ones I picked out might be Tatiana, but I'm a little concerned about using it because I have another character by the name of Anastasia and as much as I love the Romanov history, I don't want to look like I was just stealing names of the Grand Duchesses.

Thanks guys :)

Edit: Maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't get the poll to work. These are the names I thought up on my own:

Delilah Devon
Graciela Devon
Ophelia Devon
Ruby Devon
Tatiana Devon

Nicolette Devon (this was my idea)
I like Ophelia and Graciela

#6 Charity

Charity

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:More than anything else in the world I love being with my family, which includes my amazing husband and our three gorgeous daughters. We are currently expecting number four, and are so excited! I am of course a mother first, but I am a writer second. I am a nut about names and etymology in general. I love reading; I’m a sucker for both the more modern fantasy books, like Harry Potter, and the also classics, like Shakespeare. Music is another thing that I could’ve live without, and I have to say my tastes definitely lean towards modern rock: Nickelback, Hinder, Papa Roach, and Theory of a Deadman are my very favorites. Not too big on television, but I couldn’t live without Lost. I also love cars (and driving them!), and I am the proud “mommy” of a Ford Mustang. I’m also pretty big on talking and I like to see myself as friendly, so I hope to see you around the boards!

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:45 AM

Well, now I'm really starting to love the ring of Ophelia Devon, so I might be going with that! And Nicolette is absolutely gorgeous, but I've already got a character named Nicole. Thanks everyone!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users