• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Melissa

Melissa

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:My husband and I are very into basketball and soccer and our daughters are enjoying sports too. My oldest daughter does gymnastics, soccer, and dance and my youngest does soccer and dance, so those are my interests rights now. <br /><br />I also love kids and my job. My husband and I's jobs both involve children.

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:31 PM

Thanks a lot! And the initials EBC, Elodie Beatrix C.... are the initials of my mother-in-law. I'm really liking this! :)

#22 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohème each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:36 PM

Let's hope your hubby likes it too! Silly men... they think they should have a say in these things too. :)

#23 Charity

Charity

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:More than anything else in the world I love being with my family, which includes my amazing husband and our three gorgeous daughters. We are currently expecting number four, and are so excited! I am of course a mother first, but I am a writer second. I am a nut about names and etymology in general. I love reading; I’m a sucker for both the more modern fantasy books, like Harry Potter, and the also classics, like Shakespeare. Music is another thing that I could’ve live without, and I have to say my tastes definitely lean towards modern rock: Nickelback, Hinder, Papa Roach, and Theory of a Deadman are my very favorites. Not too big on television, but I couldn’t live without Lost. I also love cars (and driving them!), and I am the proud “mommy” of a Ford Mustang. I’m also pretty big on talking and I like to see myself as friendly, so I hope to see you around the boards!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:46 PM

Charity, as usual, :D is right on the money! All three names sound wonderful together. I think Isabella Christine, Lilliana Megan, & Elodie Beatrix flow the best!

Aww, thanks Cait :) Elodie Beatrix is absolutely stunning as it is, and I love that the initials would be so meaningful to you and your family :D

#24 Kate

Kate

Star Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:33 AM

Elodie Beatrix is stunning, that's the way to go! Very classy name, and it goes great with Isabella and Lilliana.

#25 macchiatomom

macchiatomom

Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:06 PM

Hi everyone! Ever heard of the name Elodie? It's growing on me...any middle name suggestions? Thanks!
~Melissa

I love the name Elodie! Very pretty!

Sorry for any repeats . . .

Elodie Ann
Elodie Faye
Elodie Eve
Elodie Fern
Elodie Michelle
Elodie Lucille
Elodie Eden
Elodie Kate
Elodie Ivy
Elodie Lyra
Elodie May
Elodie Angeline

#26 macchiatomom

macchiatomom

Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:08 PM

OOPS! I wrote that before seeing that you have already made a decision.
Elodie Beatrix is indeed stunning, and flows perfectly!

#27 mizashley

mizashley

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:59 PM

I think elodie rose is also a very pretty name.

#28 Melissa

Melissa

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:My husband and I are very into basketball and soccer and our daughters are enjoying sports too. My oldest daughter does gymnastics, soccer, and dance and my youngest does soccer and dance, so those are my interests rights now. <br /><br />I also love kids and my job. My husband and I's jobs both involve children.

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:42 PM

Let's hope your hubby likes it too! Silly men... they think they should have a say in these things too. :)

He did! I'm actually quite surprised...I think the initials had something to do with it, though! :D

Thanks to everyone who commented!

~Melissa

#29 Charity

Charity

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:More than anything else in the world I love being with my family, which includes my amazing husband and our three gorgeous daughters. We are currently expecting number four, and are so excited! I am of course a mother first, but I am a writer second. I am a nut about names and etymology in general. I love reading; I’m a sucker for both the more modern fantasy books, like Harry Potter, and the also classics, like Shakespeare. Music is another thing that I could’ve live without, and I have to say my tastes definitely lean towards modern rock: Nickelback, Hinder, Papa Roach, and Theory of a Deadman are my very favorites. Not too big on television, but I couldn’t live without Lost. I also love cars (and driving them!), and I am the proud “mommy” of a Ford Mustang. I’m also pretty big on talking and I like to see myself as friendly, so I hope to see you around the boards!

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:46 PM

He did! I'm actually quite surprised...I think the initials had something to do with it, though! :D

Thanks to everyone who commented!

~Melissa

It's so great that your husband agreed, I'm happy for you :D It took me months to get Josh agreeing on Victoire, and now he swears he doesn't know why he didn't fall in love with it sooner. Men! :)

#30 Melissa

Melissa

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:53 PM

I know, really! For my husband, it takes a couple of minutes to a couple of months to get him to agree to a name- JUST to put on the list. I know his weaknesses. :) I love Victoire, by the way.

#31 Charity

Charity

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:58 PM

What can I say... they're guys! :) Josh is pretty much the same way; being randomly picky and all. We had Sinéad's name chosen fairly early on, but we literally didn't decide on Shelby until I went into labor. And thanks so much, hon :D Your girls just have absolutely gorgeous names, I love them.

#32 Melissa

Melissa

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:38 PM

Aw, thanks! :) Guys will be guys and you got to be thankful for the names they let you name their children...:D

#33 Jellybean

Jellybean

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:-Watching movies<br />-Reading (specially poetry)<br />-Writing<br />-Playing with my daughter<br />-Travelling<br />-Learning different languages

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:30 PM

My first thought when I read Elodie without the accent was that it looked like you had mispelled Melodie.
But Élodie sounds cute!

Élodie Miriam :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users