#1 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

Whether its a fish, a cat, or a dog, you can get away with choosing almost any names for these little buggers, so it's always fun to delve into our guilty pleasures or clever names for these guys. I know one of my favorite parts about getting a new pet is choosing the name for it.

As many of you know, I used to have a fish named Stella Luella, which I thought was just a great pet name all around. I went to the pet store tonight with the name Bella Luna in the back of mind, ready to purchase a fish who would be my second Stella. I found a type of fish called Mollies - and I ended up buying two, because naming one Molly just seemed too cute and perfect, but I really wanted my Bella Luna. Bear with my crazy (I get quite attached to my fish lol), but I don't think Bella Luna and Molly are the greatest together, style-wise, so I just wanted a little feedback, so I was thinking:

Molly and Luna (though it makes me sad to throw away the whole combo of Bella Luna)

Caela and Bella Luna (Caela means sky in Latin, Luna means moon, [and Stella means star] and I would consider adding a second name to Caela)

Molly and ?? (what do you think would go well with Molly?)

Also, feel free to add names you would want to use for pets/have used for pets. It's always fun to discuss those. Thanks!

#2 Dorcas

Dorcas

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:24 AM

Would you only have girl fishes? Would you consider a male or giving a female a male name? Because I like the idea of Luna and Sol (Moon and Sun). Caela is the plural for caelum Heaven/Sky (so Heavens/Skies) and pronounced kai-la and I quite like that!

My choices would be

Caela and Coelom (Coelom is a misspelling of Caelum but I think the two go cutely!)
Luna and Sol
Bella LuLu OR Bella Talullah OR Talullah Bellulah (lol)
Molly and Arthur <3 lol nerd. OR Molly Holly OR Molly Polly

I like Talullah Bellulah and Molly Polly! Just because they're fun and rhymey!

#3 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:10 AM

I like Dorcas' suggestions. & I kind of suck at naming fish. Lol. My first fish was a pond goldfish named Coffeepot because that's what he was given to me in. My second fish is currently unnamed after a week of owning him.
But naming pets is extremely fun because you csn use whatever you like. My dog came to us named Flapjack but I shortened it to Jack. My rat was going to Napoleon until Martin said it would make him small, so he became Einstein.
Future pets would be named Kahn, Nevermore, Mayhem. Martin likes Abrams (like the tank) for a dog and Mowgli for a cat.

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

I love mollies!! My BFF bought a few speckled mollies, it was really fun hehe. She was just starting out with her fishies though, so most of them died fairly fast, except our Lancelot who lasted 1 year exactly. Originally she bought three: Peck, Katt, and Lancelot. Katt took a turn for the worst first, then Peck followed soon after. So we got another, a lady, Seraphina. But Seraphina didn't last at all, the PH was way to high in the tank or something and Lancelot was a trooper living through it. Then we fixed that and bought him another lady, Mars. She got super fat, and we thought she was pregnant cause she looked so round, but apparently not :/ She joined the great fishbowl in the sky a little while back ;) Now theres a whole new set of fish. The current fish - which have now been there for quite a while actually - is Peach, Plum, and Nectarine (they're neon tetra's, you can't even tell them apart lol so the first one we see is always Peach, the second Plum, third Nectarine lol!). Then there's Iona, and she's a MEAN fish. She used to be room mates with Serc, the beta, but she kept eating his tail so now she's with the tetra's (she hasn't bothered them at all). I think she's had quite a few snails with cool names as well haha). There's my fish stories for you! :P

ANYWAYS! I think Bella Luna is very close to how Stella Luella was, maybe you should venture off so this fishy can have her own name? Cause they are pretty close: Stella Luella = Bella Luna. I do agree Stella Luella made a perfect fish name though ^_^

I really love the name Caela and that spelling!!! I wish I could use this spelling for real, but I feel like it'd be a pain on a child. Perfect fish name though! Why not think of show characters you like for inspiration on your fish names? :) I love looking through unique names, as its fun to use something a little more wild on fishies haha.

I always thought Marzipam sounded so attractive, like the food :l Maybe spell it Marsepam to make it look prettier lol?

You seem to like the matchy sort of names that flow into each other? Maybe..

Clio Leonie
Pippa Philomena
Annora Amabel
Bea Leonie

Saffron
Caia
Cerys
Clio
Cyra
Eleanora
Elizabetta
Isolde
Lenore
Marlin
Paz
Paz
Sabra
Tally

Idk if any of these help at all. None of them seem to fit the way Stella Luella does haha <3 Hope they help anyways thought

#5 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

Thanks everyone. I fear I've already locked in the names Molly and Luna without really meaning to, lol. It just suits them. I really do want to save Caela for a future fish/pet, though. While Molly doesn't fit in with my theme, I have this idea of naming all my pets Latin words. I want to rescue a cat and dog from a shelter and name them Felix (lucky) and Bona Fortuna nn Bona (good luck).

#6 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

Molly and Luna are cute :) Caela can definitely be anothet one though<3 I love Bona Fortuna haha cute!!! Makes me think of my bff's childhood stuffed dog Bonita lol, but more mystical :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users