7 replies to this topic

#1 Debbie Ryan-Greenan

Debbie Ryan-Greenan

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:59 PM

I have a cousin named Sarah. Today, I was grocery shopping and I went the check-out. There was a girl named Cera. I have never in my life seen it spelled that way! I thought it was interesting. I've seen Sara and Sarah, but this was a first. I'm not sure what i think of it. I just thought it was interesting.

#2 Riley-Kate

Riley-Kate

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Interests:Acting<br />Dancing<br />Singing<br />

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:07 PM

It's cute, but there's a character in the land before time named Cera who is a triceratops with a really bad temper, so I wouldn't use it on a kid.

#3 Debbie Ryan-Greenan

Debbie Ryan-Greenan

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:40 PM

It's cute, but there's a character in the land before time named Cera who is a triceratops with a really bad temper, so I wouldn't use it on a kid.

Ohhh, my neice watches those movies. I didn't know that was a character in them...hmm. thanks :(

#4 thirdtimeacharm

thirdtimeacharm

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:11 AM

ROFL that was my first thought, too! I always liked it spelled that way, from the movie - and it was not until I was much older I clued in it was from triCERAtops lol.

I would still use it probably, as likely as I would use any odd spelling that is. In other words, if you're into odd spellings, I think Cera is more appealing than Sarah, but I generally keep names spelled easily enough that they don't have to spell it every single time it's said for a form or something.

#5 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:19 AM

Haha, the Land Before time was totally what I thought of too! I like it better spelt Sarah or Sara

#6 Debbie Ryan-Greenan

Debbie Ryan-Greenan

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:24 AM

I like Cera, but I like is spelled Sarah better. Although easy spelling is not my concern. Hardly anybody spells my son's name correctly haha

#7 rhaego

rhaego

Epic Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:54 AM

WHOA. MIND = BLOWN. I never realized that her name was Cera, I just thought it was Sara. AND I never got the Cera-triceratops thing! You're officially my favorite person today. I'm rather giddy about this knowledge.

That being said, Cera just makes me think of Michael Cera, who is in actor. The first and only time I've ever heard or seen this used (except for right now in the Land Before Time!) was as his last name, so I only view it as an odd last name. Haha. I don't particularly like it as a first name.

#8 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:54 PM

The first thing I thought of was Michael Cera as well, but I actually kind of like it as an alternative to Sara/Sarah which I have never liked. I think you would be pretty safe though if you used it because I doubt in 20 years people will remember Michael Cera (no offense to him). I think it would be great as a name for a character in a book, but I don't know if I would ever be brave enough to use it in real life and it's not really my style, but if you like it go for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users