Regretting Name!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kristen_*

Guest_Kristen_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:15 PM

We decided to name our son Tristan and my husband convinced me that it doesn't sound too much like my name (Kristen) and I convinced myself that it probably wouldn't bother me...but it does...when people call him, I think they're calling me and it gets confusing. He's 9.5 months now and I've been trying to convince him to change it. Should I just let if go or should I keep pushing? I really don't want to nickname him or use his middle name. In MD it's free to change within the first year...I've actually lost sleep over this!

#2 Tasha1125

Tasha1125

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:49 PM

Maybe you can compromise on something like Trenton because it's close to Tristan since its bothering you so much.

#3 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:06 PM

Don't stress! Tristan is a great name and I bet it fits your little guy. It is similar to Kristen, but not too similar. 

#4 Caitli_Lin

Caitli_Lin

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:25 AM

I think it's something you'll get used to over time, 9 months isn't that long at all.

But you could use something similar like Trenton, Trist or you could use Tristan as a second middle name and change it to something you'd prefer.

#5 Lilah

Lilah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

I think you should love the name that you ultimately choose for your child. If you love it and think it suits your son, then keep it. But if not, maybe keep it as his middle name and choose another name that you love.

#6 MommaMeg

MommaMeg

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:I love....Reading, Napping in a Hammock, Playing with Nora, making Wyatt laugh, Walking my dogs, Singing, Watching Movies, Running, Wearing Sunglasses, Walking barefoot on soft grass, making my husband laugh, remembering good things that have happened in my life, writing short stories, thinking up baby names...

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:57 AM

I think it's important to have peace about the name that you have given your child, and to really love the name you give them. If you are losing sleep, and it is going to be a big deal in the long run, maybe you should change it, but only if your husband agrees. I know a couple who changed their son's name after 4 months, and it wasn't really hard for everyone to learn to call him by the new name. If your hubby doesn't want to do that, then your only option may be to compromise with a mn or a nn. I used to teach high school, and I had several kids that went by nicknames that didn't have all that much to do with their real names. I think as long as you find a solution that will make you and your husband both happy, your son will be just fine with whatever he is called. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users