• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alibean81

Alibean81

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:22 AM

I've always really liked the nickname Maxie for a girl, but can't come up with a full name besides Maxine. Can anyone suggest one? Also, someone mentioned that the nickname Maxie would lead to her being teased and called maxie-pad Is this something I should worry about? I mean sometimes I feel like no matter what the name is, kids will find a way to make fun of it if they really want to.

Thanks for the help!
Ali

#2 pixiejayy

pixiejayy

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

I feel that no matter what you name your kid, that someone somehow would find a way to make fun of them
simply because that is the way the world is today. I worried when I was naming my son, Matthew. Simply
because people would poke fun and call him Matty making it sound girly. But, I went with what my heart
wanted. Kids are childish and its something we as parents will have to deal with. That aside. I quite like
Maxie. Its pretty and reminds me of a girl on General Hospital. As far as other name ideas for it to be
short for. How about: Maxandria, Maxima, Maxwell (Jessica Simpson did it), Maxea, Maximiliane (or a),
Maxyn, Maxyne, Maxan, Maximilia. Well, I hope i've been of some kind of help <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users