• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:53 PM

Haha, name love! I've been falling for a lot of new names lately, and this is one of them! <3 Alaska, Saoirse... Pippa!

I like how Pippa feels. Young and energetic. Fun, carefree... and maybe even sporty. Yet it doesn't sound like it wont age at all (to me, personally). I can picture a little girl growing older with the name Pippa. No matter how energetic it may feel, I can see a soft and quiet girl as well.

I also like how it looks. It looks like an adventurers name. Like a name that can be used for many different personalities, whether it be an athlete, an artist, dancer, a popular girl, a girly girl, a tom-boy, or even just some odd girl. I mean, I could even picture a really smart girl with this sort of name! <3

I also like how it sounds. Saying it aloud, I still like it! It seems to flow well enough off the tongue. I can imagine saying ordinary everyday life phrazes to it, like "Pippa, don't you dare do that!", "Pippa, will you get your laundry done?", "Pippa darling, would you please stop that?!", "I love you so much, Pippa!". I can also picture other people using it, like "Is Pippa Taylor here and ready for her interview?", "Pippa, will you marry me?", or maybe "Pippa, come meet the nursing home community!" or something.

So, what is everyone elses opinion on the name? I have thought about using Philippa and nick name Pippa, but I don't like that as much... :) Just Pippa.

The middle names I have so far picked are Pippa Genevieve or Pippa Juliet. I'm always open to suggestions! ;)

Thanks in advance for everything!

~ Haddie

#2 Malligal

Malligal

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Art, Writing, Books, Movies, Music, Concerts, Travel, Maps, Road trips

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:17 PM

I LOVE the name Pippa, as a nn for Philippa or as the name itself. I fell in love with it after reading this book series:

http://www.amazon.co...ntt_at_ep_dpt_1

One of the main characters was named Pippa, and she was exactly like you described... young and energetic and fun. She also plays the part of the "beautiful girl," if you know what I mean. Her nn in the book was Pip, so I don't think Pippa was short for anything. It was a good book series too. It takes place in a Victorian boarding school and has a very dark/gothic feeling to it. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Sorry if that was sort of tangential to your original statement, but yes, I really like the name Pippa.
:)

#3 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:25 PM

That was totally helpful, and I'm totally interested in the book! Thanks for the mentioning! I need more books at the moment, actually, haha!

Wow, you seem to be very helpful for me LOL! :)

Haha, no such thing as too tangential! ;)

~ Haddie

#4 Malligal

Malligal

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,005 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Art, Writing, Books, Movies, Music, Concerts, Travel, Maps, Road trips

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:29 PM

Well, I'm glad I can help. And if you want any other book suggestions, I can totally give you some. Just let me know what kind of books you like. :)

#5 вrittany ℓove

вrittany ℓove

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:34 PM

Love Pippa! These are some middle names that come to mind for me, I hope you like some!

Pippa Alexandra
Pippa Shannon
Pippa Claire
Pippa June
Pippa Ali
Pippa Blaire
Pippa Kaitlyn
Pippa Adele
Pippa Charlotte
Pippa Ruth
Pippa Lily
Pippa Harlow
Pippa Brielle/Gabrielle

#6 -Tara

-Tara

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:39 PM

i like the name, its cute

#7 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:05 PM

I'm pretty interested in all sorts of books! Preferably, no vampire series! :)

I like these from your list, Brittany:
Pippa Claire
Pippa June
Pippa Adele (though the flow is slightly off :/)
Pippa Charlotte

Thanks so much, Malligal, Brittany and Tara! <3

~ Haddie

#8 D3sire

D3sire

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:52 AM

I love Pippa. I prefer it as a nn for Penelope but I think it is strong enough to stand alone as well. Pippa Genevieve is beautiful.

#9 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:33 AM

I kind of love Penelope, but it always makes me think of a horse :)

But thanks, Tiffany! ;)

~ Hadds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users