• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

I've finally got some semblance of a list, and I'd love some feedback on what works and what doesn't, and any suggestions for things that I could change/add.

Celeste 'Essie' Isabella - Yes I am still in love with this combo :P I just love the look and feel of it, it makes my heart sing.

Rosemary 'Rosie' June - I've been falling deeper in love with Rosemary lately, it's so fresh yet familiar, and the nn Rosie just makes it ten times cuter! June is not set as the middle name, it's just what I have there at the moment.

Cecilia 'Cece/Celia' Pearl - I'm not sure which spelling I prefer, Cecilia or Cecelia, although I'm leaning towards the former. Pearl is an honouring name for me, and I love how it sounds with Cecilia.

Poppy Samaire - Another naturey name, and Samaire honours my sister Samantha. I'm not entirely set on this one, but it's feeling like it's nearly there.

Madeleine 'Maisie' Thisbe - Another returner :P I just love this combo.

Easton 'EJ' James - Yep, this is still here. Handsome and cute at the same time.

Percy Robin - I love Percy, and Robin would honour my dad, Robert. I'm a little worried that it's a bit soft spoken, and that he might be mistaken for a girl :/

Henry Theodore - Henry has been a favourite of mine for a looooooong time now, and I just can't seem to shake my love of it so it's back :P I love how Theodore sounds with it.

Felix Orion - I'm not 100% sure about this combo, but I love Felix and Orion has a wonderful sound with it.

Emrys Nathaniel - I've also returned to this combo, it's just super handsome and I love how it sounds.

Caleb Sebastian - I quite like this combo, although I'm worried about the amount of 'b' sounds in there.

Oscar Leonard - Another long love of mine, and Leonard honours my father.

Hugo Jack - I'm worried it's too short compared to the rest of my names, but I love it, and Hugo would honour my surname.

There's quite a lot on there now! Also, from having literally one combo on it my boys list has exploded and ended up longer than the girls! I'd love your opinions, and any suggestions you have are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hannah x

#2 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

Celeste 'Essie' Isabella

Rosemary 'Rosie' June 

Easton 'EJ' James 

Henry Theodore 

Felix Orion 

Emrys Nathaniel 

Caleb Sebastian

Hugo Jack

Those are the ones I like :)

• Laugh-Dream-Love likes this

#3 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:15 PM

Celeste 'Essie' Isabella - Not my style, but I do think it sounds nice and Essie is a cute nickname for Celeste.

Rosemary 'Rosie' June - I love June and though Rosemary is not my style (much like Celeste) I do like Rosie as a nickname.

Cecilia 'Cece/Celia' Pearl - I like this one, though I prefer Cecelia because I tend to subconsciously pronounce Cecilia as ce-sill-ee-uh for some reason even though I know that's not how it's pronounced. Either way it's cute, and the fact that Pearl is honoring adds a nice touch.

Poppy Samaire - I've never heard Samaire but I like it, and though I'm not a huge fan of Poppy because I can't picture it on an adult or even a teenager I think this one's alright.

Madeleine 'Maisie' Thisbe - We have very different styles, but I do like this one as well. I really like this spelling of Madeleine because it eliminates any possible pronunciation issues (like the 'lynne' sound at the end) and Maisie is a super-cute nickname.

Easton 'EJ' James - I agree, this one is very handsome.

Percy Robin - Ooh I love both of these names. The only reason I've never used Percy is because it feels a bit nickname-y to me but I'm not a huge fan of Perseus or Percival. Robin is awesome because on top of the fact that it's honoring for you, there's also 1) Robin Hood and 2) the bird. I can see where there are worries of a gender mistake or two, but I don't think it would be a serious problem. 

Henry Theodore - This one is my favorite so far, I absolutely love it  :wub: 

Felix Orion - This one's okay. I'm not a huge fan of either name but I like that Orion is a constellation (it's actually my cousin Ben's middle name).

Emrys Nathaniel - I like Emrys and would be thrilled to see a little boy with that name but it's one I couldn't ever see myself using. The classic-ness of Nathaniel balances Emrys' uncommon-ness nicely. This one's really cute.

Caleb Sebastian - I don't think the B's are an issue, and I really like this one as well.

Oscar Leonard - I'm not a huge fan of this one but it's okay. As mentioned above, I love the honoring aspect some of these names have for you (I'm a sucker for that type of thing  ^_^  )

Hugo Jack - edit, I missed this one the first time. I looooooove this.  :wub: 

#4 ElizabethRuth

ElizabethRuth

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

Celeste 'Essie' Isabella - Very pretty! Celeste isn't a name I hear very often. Not sure about where you're from.

Rosemary 'Rosie' June -Rosemary is so pretty! It works well with June although I'm not a fan of June. Rosie was on my list for the longest time in some form or another.

Cecilia 'Cece/Celia' Pearl - I prefer Cecilia, its a nice enough name. Pearl is a bit better because its an honouring name for you however I still really don't like it. o

Poppy Samaire - Not a huge fan of this combo. Poppy is ok.

Madeleine 'Maisie' Thisbe - This is so cute! Thisbe is something I would have never thought to use but its adorable with Madeline/Maisie.

I like Madeline Thisbe best  :wub: 

Easton 'EJ' James - I agree very handsome and cute!

Percy Robin - I don't think he'd be mistaken for a girl but I don't really like either name.

Henry Theodore - I love this one!

Felix Orion - Not a fan of either name.

Emrys Nathaniel - Love Nathaniel but not Emrys.

Caleb Sebastian - I like the way this looks but when I say it, it doesn't sound as nice.

Oscar Leonard - Not a fan.

Hugo Jack - I don't like Hugo. Jack is really nice.

Easton James 'EJ' is my favourite. 

#5 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

Thank you for your opinions, they're much appreciated :)

I've also just added Clara Simone to my girls list, and Freddie is a tentative add to my boys list.

Thanks again :)

Hannah x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users