• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:55 AM

I'm absolutely in love with Molly, but I can't seem to find the perfect middle name! I know I had a topic about this before, but I sat up with my namebooks for, like, ever and didn't seem to find a really good middle name!

On the name polls, I saw Molly Eliza, and I thought it was gorgeous! But the flow seems a bit off- the end of Molly and begining of Eliza seem to kinda mush :L

I've thought of Molly Claire too, but it doesn't seem to quite cut it. Along with some others I've found to kinda like, it seems to much like a "filler name".

Here's a list of names I've so far put together, I'm open to commentary, but I mainly want some other name suggestions, please! Here's what I've got:

~ Molly Eliza
~ Molly Claire
~ Molly Ophelia
~ Molly Hope
~ Molly Paige
~ Molly Arabella
~ Molly Annabel (too childish?)
~ Molly Olivia
~ Molly Alice

Thanks so much! ~Haddie

#2 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:32 AM

Oooh, I was watching Sleeping Beauty and the thought of Molly Briar came up. Does that sound nice?

The hard thing with finding a middle name for Molly is how it almost sounds childish, so I'm hoping to have a middle name that doesn't make it sound to childish :L (I think someone here told me something like that before :) )

Thanks! ~Hadds

#3 Mishada

Mishada

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, I guess.

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:43 AM

You answered my question, so I'll return the favor:

~ Molly Eliza - LOVE Eliza, but the flow is a bit off because Molly ends with an E sound and Eliza begins with an E sound.
~ Molly Claire - Claire sounds pretty, but it is a bit filler and I think you could do better.
~ Molly Ophelia - Ok, but I'm not a fan of Ophelia. Makes me think "Oh, feel ya" every time. Very unattractive.
~ Molly Hope - Hope is too filler, and I think 3 syllables would be best for Molly. Plus, I'm not fond of the virtue names.
~ Molly Paige - I like Paige, but again it is a bit filler an short. It is better than Hope, though.
~ Molly Arabella - I think this has the best flow of the bunch, but the two sets of 'll' make me not like the look.
~ Molly Annabel (too childish?) - No, not too childish. Just kind of eh. Very little spice to the name.
~ Molly Olivia - I think the L sounds are too close together.
~ Molly Alice - Ditto Molly Olivia, though the 3 syllables is better than two.
~ Molly Briar - Briar feels too masculine to me. If anything, I'd use Briar-Rose. Briar-Rose link

Suggestions:
I would go for a longish name (6+ letters and 3+ syllables) with out any L sounds in the beginning.

Molly Séraphine - or you can use the Anglicized form, Sraphine.
Molly Cordelia
Molly Vivienne
Molly Rosalind
Molly Emmeline
Molly Victoria
Molly Johanna
Molly Adelaide - the L doesn't come until the 3rd syllable, so I think it is okay.
Molly Aurora
Molly Imogen - I'm suprised, but I actually like Imogen here.

Good luck. :)

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:28 AM

Claire sounds pretty, but it is a bit filler and I think you could do better.

Hehe, that's what I'm trying for! :)

Hmm, the "Oh, feel ya" of Ophelia never really hit my mind :)

Does Molly Arabela look better?

Molly Briar Rose sounds really pretty, actually! It's added to my list :)

I like these from your suggestions:
Molly Vivienne
Molly Rosalind
Molly Emmeline
Molly Adelaide
Molly Aurora
Molly Imogen - I don't usually like Imogen either, but it does sound nice with Molly :)

Thanks so much! I think I also really like Molly Adelaide :( Not sure if it's perfect, let's see what stands the test of time! :)

#5 Mishada

Mishada

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 612 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:40 AM

Molly Arabela ~ I thought about this, but I'm so used to the Arabella spelling that it looks weird. That is why I didn't suggest it.
Molly Briar-Rose ~ Normally, I don't approve of hyphens, but I used one here because without it the names look too similar in length to me. I like the sound okay, just not the look.

It seems you like quite a few of my suggestions, so I guess I'm on the right track with what you want? From the ones of mine that you like, I would go with Molly Imogen or Molly Adelaide. Both are very, very proper sounding names that ground Molly's somewhat childish vibe. Of course, I don't think Molly is childish in itself. The problem is that so many of the kiddie names that are short and end in -ly or -lie are getting butchered (like the -leigh ending. Yuck). Kylie comes to mind. Or Bryleigh, Marleigh or something.

Molly, on the other hand, is very mature. I think it is gorgeous, and, honestly (not to be rude), it is the first name that I like the best from the list in your signature.

Oops, typo in my previous post, I meant: "or you could use the Anglicized version, Seraphine."

#6 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:57 AM

That spelling has generally always bothered me too... :L It looks awkward with one l...

Hmm, the look is odd. But I do like the sound a lot! :( Does it look lengthy, Molly Briar Rose? Though I've been looking at a lot of double middle names, so I don't notice lengthy as much lately! Haha!

Ick, I greatly dislike the -leigh endings! I do like Leigh, itself. Being Brynleigh bothers me so much!

But your on the right track, I think! I do like really classic names a lot of the time, I do like some modern twist into a lot of them. Like I love Juniper and Shiloh :)

Hehehe, I'm glad you like at least one! :) No worries, I don't easily take offense to anything :)

So Molly really does sound mature? I'm glad! Cause I'd hate do give my kid a childish name that wont grow up with them!

~Haddie

#7 Mishada

Mishada

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 612 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:22 PM

I think I should have said "ages well" instead of "mature." Mature could be taken the wrong way, and ages well is really what I meant.

Age check:
Can I see someone named Molly at age...
1? Yes
5? Yes
13? Yes
25? Yes
40? Yes
70? Yes

See, Molly totally checks out. I have zero problems imagining a Molly in a crib, high school or nursing home. Your name is Brynleigh? Yeah, the -leigh ending probably won't age particularly well. (I'd use a sheepish face here, but apparently we don't have sheepish faces on this forum)

No, Molly Briar Rose doesn't look lengthy. I meant that I didn't like how close the lengths are at 5, 5, and letters. I just think it would look more attractive if you look at Briar-Rose as one name, which it can be. Also, I was going by your other name with one middle name. Personally, I would either do all 1 middle name or all 2 middle names. Molly will stick out if she is the only one with two. According to this, it is a version of Sleeping Beauty that the Brothers Grimm wrote. Neat. Briar Rose disambiguation

#8 Auntie Megan

Auntie Megan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:33 PM

a name that's NMS but flows well with Molly is Chantelle. there's a character in one of my stories called Mollie Chantelle

so maybe something similar but different

sorry,, not much help,, am I? haha x

#9 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:34 PM

No prob, cause I assumed you meant aged well anyways :)

Hehe, they need a sheepish emoticon! :)

I don't mind the dash, cause adding a last name in there, it probably would look better with a dash!
Molly Briar-Rose Taylor does look more connected with a dash :)

Ooooh, that's cool! It has a cool association to go with it, too! :(

~Haddie

#10 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:45 PM

I like Molly Chantelle, too! :(

Hehehe, all input is appreciated! :) Plus, I'm bored at home all day, so anyone to talk to is always wonderful :)

~Haddie

#11 Auntie Megan

Auntie Megan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:47 PM

I like Molly Chantelle, too! :)

Hehehe, all input is appreciated! :) Plus, I'm bored at home all day, so anyone to talk to is always wonderful :)

~Haddie

I'm glad you like it! I was trying for ages to find a middle name that wasn't too 'filler' and then when I found Chantelle it just fit perfectly. I like it cuz it's a modern twist on a classic name. Why aren't you at school? :(

#12 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:16 PM

I like it too :) I like those sorts of names- classic but modern-like :(

But me, at school? :)

But my mum is making me do some weird schooling thing :L Duel enrollment..... :0

~Haddie

#13 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:55 PM

What about Molly Camille?

#14 Auntie Megan

Auntie Megan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:03 PM

I like it too :) I like those sorts of names- classic but modern-like :(

But me, at school? :)

But my mum is making me do some weird schooling thing :L Duel enrollment..... :0

~Haddie

samee :)

and ohh,, have you quit school? confused.

and what the hell is that? :L

#15 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:57 PM

I've never been a fan of the name Molly until I heard the combo Molly Anna.

#16 NicoleMarie

NicoleMarie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:29 PM

I love Molly Claire. I think its short and sweet and just flows well together. That would be my pick.

~ Molly Eliza- Not a fan of Eliza. I like Molly Elizabeth though but it might sound like a filler name.
~ Molly Claire- I LOVE it.
~ Molly Ophelia- Dont like this one. Kind of out there for my taste.
~ Molly Hope- Its alright. Molly Faith would also sound good.
~ Molly Paige- Again, its okay.
~ Molly Arabella- Never been a fan of Arabella but it does sound pretty good with Molly.
~ Molly Annabel (too childish?)- Molly doesnt seem childish but Annabel kind of does.
~ Molly Olivia- LOVE
~ Molly Alice- Alice is kind of old fashioned to me but it sounds good together

I think Molly sounds better with a shorter middle name (Claire, Hope, Paige, Olivia)
Those would be my favorite from your list
I also like Molly Johanna which someone suggested earlier.

Some other suggestions
Molly Grace/Molly Brooke- I realy love these. If I had a daughter named Molly I'd use Grace or Brooke as the middle name
Molly Savannah
Molly Alexis
Molly Renee
Molly Faith
Molly Kathleen
Molly Lucia
Moly Elise/Elyse
Molly Noelle
Molly Corinne
Molly Sophia
Molly Quinn
Molly Rochelle- I like the double L's, it looks very classy
Molly Francesca- Another one of my favorites
Molly Cecilia- Again, another favorite!
Molly Teagan
Molly Reese- I like this one a lot
Molly Charlotte
Molly Christine

Like any? Sorry its such a long list!
Hope I helped! :)

#17 Enchanted

Enchanted

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 534 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:34 AM

Molly Eliza is cute but it doesn't flow very well. I like both names just not together.

You have so many pretty names on that list that Claire just seems like such a filler. But thats why were here to help you :)

~ Molly Eliza: Opinion's above lol
~ Molly Claire: Opinion above
~ Molly Ophelia: I dont like this one, the O in Molly and O for Ophelia dont sound great together.
~ Molly Hope: I like it
~ Molly Paige: Very pretty (but thats cause Paige is my name lol)
~ Molly Arabella: Ohh my fav on this list, gorgeous. Maybe eliminate one of the L's though because of the two L's in Molly and then two in Arabella.
~ Molly Annabel: Cute but I prefer Arabella
~ Molly Olivia: I dont know if the O's together bother you. But it sounds 'off'
~ Molly Alice: Lovely

I love your list.

Suggestions:

Molly Scarlett or Charlotte (haha)
Molly Jasmine
Molly Faith
Molly Indigo
Molly Blair
Molly Selene
Molly Willow
Molly Madelyn
Molly Katherine
Molly Alicia
Molly Natasha
Molly Harper
Molly Harlow
Molly Emmeline
Molly Sophia

Molly Briar is gorgeous, good luck deciding because I love most names on your list.

#18 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:41 AM

samee :(

and ohh,, have you quit school? confused.

and what the hell is that? :L

No, no! I haven't! Duel enrollment means I go to a local college (or, university :) ) and take classes there for both high school and college credit (: (I didn't know people could do that until now! :) )

Katie: I do like Molly Camille, too! Though I don't know if it's quite... the one :)

Ashooles: I kinda like Molly Anna too, but it makes me think of someone I don't like D:

Nicole: I love Molly Clare, but it is too "filler" name for a combo I would use :)

I like:
~ Molly Renee
~ Molly Noelle
~ Molly Francesca
~ Molly Cecilia
~ Molly Teagan
~ Molly Reese
~ Molly Charlotte

Paige :

Hehehe, that was my problem! Cause no matter how much I like Claire, it really does sound like a filler! :)

Ahh, the Charlotte/Scarlett's D: :) I better not, cause I'll never decide... <3

I like:
~ Molly Indigo (though I'm not sure I "love" it :L)
~ Molly Willow (does this sound a bit "off" too, though D:?)
~ Molly Madeleine (instead of Madelyn ;))
~ Molly Katherine (though Katherine is a fn on my list D:)
~ Molly Harper
~ Molly Harlow
~ Molly Emmeline
~ Molly Sophia

I absolutely LOVE Molly Katherine! It's just that I already have a combo for Katherine, and definitely want Katherine as a first name, being I've wanted a baby named Katherine nick name Katie/Kate :P So any name that has a similar feel to Katherine would probably work, lol.

Thanks so much for all the input! It was all extremely helpful!

~Haddie

#19 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:03 PM

I kinda like Molly Anna too, but it makes me think of someone I don't like D:

Molly Anna reminds me of Pollyanna. :)

#20 Enchanted

Enchanted

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 534 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:13 PM

Good idea haha cause Scarlett and Charlotte dont like to cooperate together lol.

Yeah the two L's in Molly and Willow yet again. I love Molly Emmeline.

Molly Katherine is gorgeous but if you wanna use Katherine as a first name then dont settle for it as a middle name.
Heres some names similar to Katherine.

Molly Katarin
Molly Katalin
Molly Kathleen
Molly Cadence
Molly Kaitlyn
Molly Katryn
Molly Kayla/Cayla
Molly Catriona
Molly Caterina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users