• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HxppySxng

HxppySxng

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts
  • Interests:Planners, piercings, Witchcraft, Netflix, & baking.

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:36 PM

Top 10 Boys List as of 20.12.2014

I've been playing around with some names for a few months and I've finally compiled a list of my top 10's. I'd love some feedback of any kind. Thanks in advance. If you'd like my feedback on your list as well, link it below your reviews, I'd love to take a look.

01. Nathaniel Jude [Nate]

Nathaniel with the nickname Nate is one of the only names I'm actually considering using. I've loved it forever. Jude is such a handsome name, I think it flows perfectly with the long Nathaniel.

02. Troye Spencer

If you are going to say you prefer Troye without the e at the end, just don't. I've heard it, I understand it, I'm not changing it. Troye, with the spelling that it is, honors one of my idols so the spelling is not negotiable. But, the Troye Spencer combo I'd love some feedback on.

03. Logan Kyle

Logan is a name I love. Kyle is more of a guilty pleasure than an honoring name. Kyle is the name of the twins' father, but I hate to find it unusable just because of him. It doesn't honor Kyle, I just like his name.

04. Derek Mason

Derek is definitely an honoring name, but I love it. I don't know how I feel about the pairing of Mason though.

05. Richard Ethan [Ricky]

Richard is an honoring name through and through. I don't think it works well with Ethan but I couldn't come up with any better combos so I'd love some mn suggestions. Richard will be called by Ricky for sure.

06. Micah Andrew

I love both names. I've considered doing Andrew Micah instead and calling the baby Andy but there's already and Andy in the family so I don't think I'd be comfortable doing that. I've been told by a few people that Micah is a female name, but I'm pretty sure it's unisex and works well on both genders, if not on males more? What do you think?

07. Carter Tristan

Carter Tristan or Tristan Carter? I don't know. What do you think?

08. Jacob Noah [Jake]

Jacob has been on my list forever. I don't know how well Jacob and Noah work together. I'd only use Noah if the baby was Noah's baby. He's said he'd want a Junior, but I don't like Owen, his middle name. Maybe Noah Jacob is a good compromise?

09. Austin Christopher

Austin has also been on my list since the start. I just got out of a relationship with a Christofer so I feel a bit awkward using Christopher, but I don't like the way Austin Christian flows. So I don't know.

10. Kellin Jesse

Both are honoring band members. Jesse is subject to change, Kellin will not. The spelling of Kellin of Kellen, Kellan, whatever in nonnegotiable.

#2 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:41 PM

Nathaniel Jude (Nate) - Its alright. I'm biased as my brothers name is Nathan, so its a good name to me. Jude is super handsome. 

Troye Spencer - Don't like it, sorry.

Logan Kyle - I like Logan a lot

Derek Mason - I like Mason, Derek isnt my style

Richard Ethan (Ricky) - its nice. Richards a family name, I do like it. Ethan is alright, it feels dated to me imo. Like most Ethans are my age.

Micah Andrew - I originally didn't really like Micah, but a friend of mine birthed a Micah and it grew on me. Andrew is alright.

Carter Tristan - I think Tristan Carter flows better, but I prefer Carter to Tristan so I'd put it first. I always put first the name I plan on calling my kiddo by.

Jacob Noah (Jake) - I like it a lot! Very popular names but handsome. I love Noah especially. The names suit each other nicely. Noah Jacob would be my person fave.

Austin Christopher - very handsome. I'm sure as time goes on, the memories of being in the past relationship will fade. Unless it was a really eventful or crazy relationship. I probably could use most of my ex's names without really thinking of them anymore.. idk. They're a thing of the past haha. I guess when your pregnant and choosing a name out, if his memory still bothers you then you'll have to veto it. 

Kellin Jesse - NMS. 

• HxppySxng likes this

#3 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:30 PM

Again, I have to go soon, but I wanted to say Nathaniel Jude/ Nate is amazing, and I adore Micah Andrew! Micah's a newbie on my list as I just decided to honor my little bro.

#4 SPKandZAK

SPKandZAK

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:16 AM

Please tell me Troye isn't after Troye Sivan the YouTuber?

#5 HxppySxng

HxppySxng

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts
  • Interests:Planners, piercings, Witchcraft, Netflix, & baking.

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:38 PM

It's not "After" him, but I do prefer the spelling which I only saw by him. It doesn't honor Troye Sivan, it's honors my Uncle Troy, which a spelling change.

#6 ✿Skylia✿

✿Skylia✿

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:43 PM

I've ranked them in the order I like them, from best to worst:

Nathaniel Jude - very nice!  

Micah Andrew - I'm not usually a huge fan of male names that end in -a or -ah, but I think Micah is one of the more masculine-sounding ones, probably due to its similarity to Michael.  A Micah could go by Mike or Mikey.

Jacob Noah (Jake) - very nice sound, though both names are extremely common.

Richard Ethan (Ricky) - I love that you're willing to use nicknames.  Richard is a very adult, serious name that's perfect for school/job applications, business dealings, etc.  Ricky is cute and fun, and he can also shorten it to Rick for a more mature but still casual feel.  

Austin Christopher - fine

Kellin Jesse - might cause some spelling hassles, but other than that it's pretty nice

Carter Tristan - I wouldn't use Tristan as a first name because it sounds like trystin'.  I'm not usually a fan of last names as first names (I actually have one myself and it's caused some confusion), but I don't think Carter's that bad.  Do you like the Backstreet Boys? :)

Derek Mason - okay, but a little boring

Logan Kyle - okay, but seems a little bland.  Logan is a recent trend (meaning it will probably sound dated and stale a few decades from now when your child is an adult)

Troye Spencer - not a fan, sorry.  Most people won't know he's named after your idol; they'll just think you can't spell.  I want to pronounce it Troy-ee.  Also, if your uncle is your idol, you should probably use the actual spelling of his name...

Hope this helps.  I really like Nathaniel Jude.  Best of luck!

• HxppySxng likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users