Photo

Any thoughts about Zack and Zoey?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Baby Name Genie

Baby Name Genie

Baby Name Genie

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

Name: Susan

I'm expecting a baby girl in June. Her older brother's name is Zachary, always called Zack. My husband and I can't think of any names we like better than Zoey, which I've been on and off about. My concerns: 1) Is Zoey as popular as all these sites make it out to be? I thought (and liked that) it was unique but its so high on all the popularity lists! 2) Is "Zack and Zoey" too cutesy? 3) Is Zoey great for a baby and little girl but not so much for an adult? Too fun, playful, cutesy, girlie, not sophisticated and smart? Do you have another suggestion? Less popular (but not so unique people say "that's a name?"), goes well with Zack and middle name Evelyn. Or is Zack and Zoey just perfect?

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

Zoey Evelyn is a lovely combination and I think Zack & Zoey are perfect. If you love it, go for it!

#3 Ninan

Ninan

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

I think the name is fine... but what it boils down to is whether the things that bother you about the name outweigh what you like about it.

I like Zoey, but yes, it is both popular and trendy at the moment. Zooey Deschanel cemented that.

#4 MomNCa

MomNCa

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

I think that anything you pick will be just fine. I think Zoey is very nice. If you are still feeling a bit unsure maybe you can play around with the spelling. Zoe , Zoe ( with the 2 dots over the E) ,
Zooey , Zoie , Zoiey . Best wishes !!!

#5 Iridescence

Iridescence

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

Personally, I love the name Zoey, but prefer the spelling Zoe. Perhaps that's because it's my name!
Zack and Zoey sounds really adorable together, but strive for a little difference. I would try a less traditional spelling of Zoey, just to freshen stuff up.
Good luck! :D

#6 Ltnbug

Ltnbug

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

How about Zuri?

#7 Cassandra of Apollo

Cassandra of Apollo

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

Name her Elizabeth and you can still Zoe or Zoey for short.

#8 NycoleMC

NycoleMC

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

I think Zack and Zoey are just perfect together. And Zoey will be a perfect adult name as well.

#9 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

Zoe is cute and unique. I don't believe it is too popular, and it works just fine as an adult name. As for Zack and Zoe, look at the Duggar family, all names begin in J... Zack and Zoe are just fine!