Photo

Brooke, Carley, and Laney

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Baby Name Genie

Baby Name Genie

Baby Name Genie

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:47 PM

Name: Heather

I love the names Brooke, Carley, and Laney but they don't sound good together. Ideas please?

#2 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:51 PM

I think that Brooke, Carly and Laney sound great together, unless of course you are looking for a theme or rhyming name. Then, obviously, they don't sound good together. I am not really a big fan of the name Carly ,but in this situation, it sounds fine!

#3 LizzyFran

LizzyFran

Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:22 AM

I agree with Alyssa. Getting to name your own kids is a privilege, and if those three names are your favorites, that should be more important than having a theme or being concerned over a subjective idea that they should sound a certain way. If those are what you and your husband love, go for it!

#4 Kate

Kate

Star Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:43 AM

I'm not a fan of either name, but they sound good together, unless you're looking for a rhyming theme like Alyssa has said. If you like them, go ahead and use them.

Just an idea: how about Lana/Laina instead of Laney? If it's sound you're worried about, then they would all ending in different sounds. Brooke, Carly and Lana sounds fine to me.

#5 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:42 PM

I like Kate's idea of Lana instead of Laney. Or you could even do Alanna. Alanna, Brooklyn, and Carly sound nice.

Or you could even try Lana Carly as one name and Brooklyn as another name, you just need a middle name now for Brooklyn.

good luck, and I hope this helped!

#6 TheNameDoesntMakeThePerson

TheNameDoesntMakeThePerson

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:12 AM

Alayna(nn Lani/Laney), Brooke, and Kari would sound fantastic

#7 Smile

Smile

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 04:47 PM

I actually think these names are all cute. They are not trendy, cutesy, oldfashioned, but all are quite modern up todate, and still age well and are classic.. Brooke and Carley I think are definitely a great pair, though Lainey I think of more as a nickname... Wha tabout using Alaina? or Laine?

#8 JENN2688

JENN2688

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:52 PM

The names Brooke, Carley, and Laney really do sound great together.

Brooklyn would also work instead of Brooke. I prefer Carley spelled Carleigh. Langley would be a good alternative to Laney. If you like them and your husband agrees, I would go with these names. Hope this helps you!

#9 Hannah

Hannah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:37 AM

Name: Heather

I love the names Brooke, Carley, and Laney but they don't sound good together. Ideas please?

I actually love most of these names, except Brooke, it's so common. I have a friend who's daughter's name is Laney and it fits her perfectly. And I have a friend named Carly (spelled like that) but your way is cute too. I would maybe do Brooklyn instead of Brooke, that way it fits better with the other two in my opinion.

Maybe;
Laney Olivia
Carley Grace
Brooklyn Skye
?