Photo

Callaway too uncommon?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Baby Name Genie

Baby Name Genie

Baby Name Genie

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:15 PM

Name: shelly parker

we love the name callaway, but are worried it is too uncommon- what do you think? also, what would be a short middle name to compliment it?

#2 destiny

destiny

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:49 PM

Calloway is uncommon butI don't think it is too uncommon.
As for a middle name is it for a boy or girl?

#3 Smile

Smile

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:58 PM

callaway definitely is not a name you hear a lot, but i don't really think it's too uncommon. i think if you like it you should use it because i can't see it exposing many problems with teasing/spelling/pronunciation. iw ill give mn ideas for both genders, but i would muchhh prefer this name on a boy...

callaway owen
callaway alec
callaway lloyd
callaway roger
callaway paul
callaway george
callaway steven
callaway jett
callaway jude

callaway beth
callaway raine
callaway drew(both)
callaway pearl
callaway reese(both)
callaway olive
callaway vione(vee-own)
callaway neve

#4 Jellybean

Jellybean

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:48 PM

It is not common,it is not uncommon..it's in-between
Just in case you're wondering,here is some info about Callaway:
It is commoly used as a last name.
There's a band leader, composer and jazz vocalist called Cab Calloway
It is the name of a city

#5 crashbang

crashbang

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 03:12 PM

we love the name callaway, but are worried it is too uncommon- what do you think? also, what would be a short middle name to compliment it?

Did you decide on Callaway?

#6 lulu86

lulu86

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:50 PM

i dont like callaway. its too long. name of golf stuff and where i live its a popular funeral home

#7 Tyler

Tyler

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:46 PM

I think Callaway is SO CUTE!
I love it especially on girls--I find it to be a little bit feminine--but it could work well on a boy too.

Callaway Grace
Callaway Kate
Callaway Jane
Callaway Anne
Callaway Ruth

Callaway James
Callaway John
Callaway Blake
Callaway Vince
Callaway Quinn

#8 soccerisluv(:

soccerisluv(:

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:58 PM

Its cute for a girl! I like it!

#9 Katrinity-Belle

Katrinity-Belle

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:50 PM

What about Callaway as the middle name?

like:

Jaimee Callaway / James Callaway / Brandon Callaway / Lucas (Loo-Cus) Callaway / Mattaus(Mat for short) Callaway - for a boy

Jayden Callaway / Jayliegh Callaway / Josslyn Callaway / Mariella Callaway ( Mare-ree-ell-ah ) - for a girl

or a mix inbetween with Calloway and another name like..
Rennee and Callaway = something like Callanee - of whoch you can pronounce like 'Cal-ah-nee' or 'cal-ah-ney'

other mixins could be Kayla and Calloway = Cayloway

Hope i helped.
:)

#10 Lark

Lark

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:38 PM

When I read this, I assumed Callaway was for a boy. Then I read some of the responses. I would NOT use it for a girl! I knew a little boy named Andrew Calloway (slightly different spelling). He went by 'Cal'. Here are some boy combinations:

Callaway Adam
Callaway Brandon

[/quote]

#11 jaywujing123

jaywujing123

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:13 PM

1. Ladies and Gentlemen , world of warcraft power leveling,Good afternoon! I’m very glad to stand here and give you a short speech. today my topic is “youth”. ,I hope you will like it , and found the importance in your youth so that more cherish it.First I want to ask you some questions world of warcraft power leveling:
1、 Do you know what is youth? wedding dresses,2、 ow do you master your youth? Youth is not a time of life, t is a state of mind ; it is not rosy cheeks , red lips and supple knees, it is a matter of the emotions : it is the freshness ; it is the freshness of the deep springs of life
Youth means a temperamental predominance of courage over timidity of the appetite ,world of warcraft gold for adventure over the love of ease. This often exists in a man of 60 more than a boy of 20 . Nobody grows old merely by a number of years . We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years wrinkle the skin , but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul . Worry , fear , self –distrust bows the heart and turns the spirit back to wedding dresses dust .
Whether world of warcraft gold, 60 of 16 , there is in every human being ‘s heart the lure of wonders, the unfailing childlike appetite of what’s next and the joy of the game of living .In the center of your heart and my heart there’s a wireless station : so long as it receives messages of beauty , hope ,cheer, courage and power from men and from the infinite, so long as you are world of warcraft gold young .
When the aerials are down , and your spirit is covered with snows of cynicism and the ice of pessimism, then you are grown old ,even at 20 , but as long as your aerials are up ,to catch waves of optimism , there is hope you may die young at 80.
Thank you!
2.Ladies and Gentlemen, Good morning!world of warcraft gold, I’m very glad to stand here and give you a short speech. Man’s life is a process of growing up, actually I’m standing here is a growth. If a person’s life must constituted by various choices, then I grow up along with these choices. Once I hope I can study in a college in future, however that’s passed, as you know I come here, now I wonder what the future holds for me. When I come to this school, I told to myself: this my near future, all starts here. Following I will learn to become a man, a integrated man, who has a fine body, can take on important task, has independent thought, an open mind, intensive thought, has the ability to,judge right and wrong, has a perfect world of warcraft gold job.
Once my teacher said :” world of warcraft power leveling,you are not sewing, you are stylist; never forget which you should lay out to people is your thought, not world of warcraft power leveling craft.”
I will put wedding dresses, my personality with my interest and ability into my study, during these process I will combine learning with doing. If I can achieve this “future”, I think that world of warcraft power leveling I really wedding dresses grow up.