3 replies to this topic

#1 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:27 PM

So, I have been thinking about names more than usual lately. Probably because it's summer break here and I have more time on my hands! B)

Anyway, this is a revised list. Please tell me what you think. I know you have seen many of these from me before but bare with me, you know I am so indecisive. :D

Aiden James ~ I love both names with a passion regardless of the popularity of them both!
River _____ ~ I cannot think of a middle name I love for the life of me. I am starting to realize that I should put this name away. :P
Damen Jude ~ I love both names. I think they are very handsome and strong, which is what I look for in boy names.
Christian _______ ~ I am not for sure if I would actually use this name, but I do really love it. I think its very strong. There is no religious connection for me, its just a name in my book. I can't come up with a middle name I love for sure with it, but this is what I have so far:

Christian Roy
Christian Rhys
Christian Alexander
Christian Henry
Christian Nicholas
Christian Phoenix (I probably won't use because Cassie really wants to use Phoenix)
Christian Graham
Christian Jacob
Christian Luke
Christian Cedric
Christian Patrick
Christian Blake

any suggestions are welcome :P

Denver _____ ~ I still really like this though I haven't found a middle name I absolutely love with it. I thought of Denver Lane, but no one seems to like that.
Dimitri _____ ~ I love Dimitri. I think it's very handsome, but still no middle name I love with it.
Jase _____ ~ I definitely want to use Jase. I just don't know if it will be a first or a middle name. I would prefer a first name, but its so hard coming up with a middle name. Jase Alexander is the only thing I have come up with so far, but I don't love it.
Alexander Julian ~ I love this. I used to hate Julian, but it's grown on me recently.

Other names I like: Jacob, Liam, Aaron (as a middle name), Evan and Adrian.

Thanks so much guys. I hope I will make a decision before I start having kids! ;)

#2 Lilah

Lilah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:48 PM

Aiden James ~ I think this name is very handsome. My little cousin's name is Matthew Aiden, but we call him Aiden, despite the popularity

River _____ ~ I love River. It's also on my list. Here are some middle names I have thought of:

River Phoenix
River Wyatt
River Jude
River Lucas
River Julian
River Joseph
River Mason

Damen Jude ~ Damen is not my style, but this combination is very handsome

Christian _______ ~ I have always loved Christian. I also have no religious connection to it. It is a name that I have always loved. I like these middle names:

Christian Alexander
Christian Jacob
Christian Luke
Christian Patrick
I also have thought of these:
Christian Jeremiah
Christian Joseph
Christian Dominic
Christian Micah
Christian Josiah
Christian Liam
Christian Matthew

Denver _____ ~ this is a cute name

Dimitri _____ ~ I have never liked this name, but it might be because I can't think of a nickname for it, and I love nicknames! lol

Jase _____ ~ this is a very nice name, but you're right about being hard to find a middle name for it. I can't think of anything :D

Alexander Julian ~ This is very handsome, but because of the popularity of Alexander, I personally would probably switch it around to Julian Alexander

Of the other names, I love Jacob (but I wouldn't use it because of how popular it always is) and Liam

#3 ~Nadezhda

~Nadezhda

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:48 AM

I can't say they are all my style, but I think you paired your names wonderfully. I love the combos, regardless of the names themselves.

I particularly love Damen Jude, though I prefer Damien by a mile.
Aiden James flows very well, and James is a name I love.

As for the River & Christian dilemma, I have a suggestion.
You say you're not sure you are to use Christian, so why not use it as the middle name you're looking for?

River Christian is actually an incredibly handsome name, and the solid feel of Christian complements River --which is more modern and trendy in a way-- very well.

If you're set on both of them as first names, my favourite is Christian Luke. Very strong feel to it.
Christian Roy also flows well, though I admit Roy seems like a filler, almost like the masculine Marie.
Christian Jacob & Christian Blake would be my second picks.

Denver is not really my style, because I'm not fond of city names. It's just me and my weirdness though, don't worry about it :D

Dimitri is indeed very handsome, but since it is so unusual, I suggest something more traditional.
Dimitri James, Dimitri Lucas, or Dimitri Nathaniel come to mind.
Also, some suggestions with names taken from your profile list:

Dimitri Noah
Dimitri Jonah
Dimitri Owen
Dimitri Seth
Dimitri Spencer

I think they're all very handsome B)

Jase, I love this too. But I usually use the spelling Jace, 'cause Jase looks too much like a nickname for Jason. Again, personal weirdness strikes. Lol.
My personal combo is Maximilian Jace, and thinking about it Jase Maxwell seems like a well-balanced combo.
Jase Alexander has a nice flow, even though Alexander is a bit predictable.

I adore Julian. It is so, so handsome and classy at the same time. Alexander Julian has a nice flow, but it doesn't "strike" me, you know? maybe the names are too long? In this case, I prefer the flow of Jase Alexander.

Oh, and another thing.
In my opinion, both Julian & Jase would pair nicely with your uncertain pick, River.

So I was thinking, if you keep Alexander Julian, then Jase Alexander is out. Why not River Jase?
Or, if you decide to use Jase Alexander, you coud probably pull off River Julian

I hope I'm making sense here! :P

Anyway, hope this helps. Good luck! I know how difficult it can be to make your way through all of your favourite names :P

#4 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:02 PM

Thanks for the responses Lilah and Nadia.

I definitely like River Christian. This will certainly be at the top of my list.

Roy is after my grandfather who passed away when I was 6. We were really close. Christian is the only name I could come up with where it sounded okay. That and Tristan Roy.

I do like Jase Alexander, but I'm just not sure. And I actually had River Jase on my list forever, but I really want to use Jase as a first name. Even though River Jase is a great combo.

Ugh, its just so hard! lol

thank you both again for your help!

~alyssa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users