5 replies to this topic

#1 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:04 PM

So I had an interesting dream last night...basically it was about an old, widower King who died without an heir. Only his closest advisors knew about a secret daughter he had many years ago who was sent away into hiding so that the enemies of the King would not be able to harm her. The kingdom has been at war for a very long time and the enemy King has just been killed in battle and the war is now over. Just when things are starting to look up and the country is trying to heal the old King dies. His secret daughter is now grown and has a ~16-19 year old son, who is to become the new King.

So I need names for the Old King, his daughter and her son.

The only thing I remember from my dream was that the old King had the initials C.J. and had a really long french, royally sounding last name. (something like la Thibodaux) His daughter was raised under a different last name and she wasn't aware of her lineage. Her son has the same last name as her (I don't know who his father is, I'll have to figure that one out). I don't remember what the last name was but its not really important...the only thing I remember was that the son was given a "Kingly" name different from his own given name when he is crowned king...and it had the same initials as the Grandfather...C.J. in my dream it was Charles something but I dislike the name Charles and it really doesn't have to have everything the same as the dream.

What I'd like is a princessy name for the daughter and a common sounding last name (not too common like Smith) but maybe something occupational.
Her son would have the same last name. I think his given name should be pretty common, maybe nicknamey but nothing too modern sounding. And then I need a Kingly sounding name that would be his "King" name and I'd like it to have the same initials as the Grandfather though not nessarily C.J...any initials will do.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!!!

#2 ImaginationGirl

ImaginationGirl

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Acting, Singing and spending time with God, my family, friends and cats!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

Wow, that's an awesome dream!

Here are some kingly sounding names...
William
Edward
Wesley
Frederick
Benjamin
James
Leonard
Richard
Robert
Albert
Andrew
Oliver

The Mom's name could be...
Elizabeth
Genevieve
Sarah
Violet
Adelaide
Gwendolyn
Caroline
Alexandra
Ruby
Mary
Magnolia
Margaret
Anastasia
Leslie
Catherine
Anna
Olivia

Sorry, not sure if these are any good at all.
The son's original name could be one of these:

David
Patrick
Thomas
Matthew
Zachary
Andrew
Weston
Christopher
Nicholas
Robert
Henry
Louis
Samuel

Some of those kind of sound like king names to me...so I don't know if I'm helping at all. Hopefully you liked some of these.

The Mom and Son's last name could be one of these:
Taylor
Sawyer
Fisher
White
Quinten
Carter
Porter
Baker
Brown

Sorry if you these don't seem to fit your likely. Good luck with your story!

#3 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:14 PM

Thanks most of my story ideas tend to be inspired (though sometimes loosely) from my dreams.

I'm thinking something old school for the Old King, recognizable but not commonplace.
Of your suggestions I like...
Wesley
Frederick
Leonard
Albert

For the mom I'm also thinking "recognizable but not commonplace" also maybe something with a short frill-less nickname since she would have grown up in a regular household.
Of your suggestions I like...
Genevieve
Violet
Gwendolyn
Leslie

Hm. I'm not entirely sure what I want for the son...something simple and blah like Joe but not too traditional. It would also be cool if I could connect his "Kingly" name to his nickname somehow...but not have it be too obvious like Ben for Benjamin.

For example: I'm reading a book about this apprentice named Claus, which is a nickname for Nicholas (like Santa Claus) but everyone calls him Claus, then he goes out on his own and makes a name for himself and they start calling him Nicholas or sometimes Niccolo.

From your suggestions....
What do you think about Luke? Kingly name would be Louis _____ ?

The Mom and Son's last name
I like these...
Sawyer
Fisher
Quinten
Porter

More suggestions please!!!

#4 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:40 PM

I just thought of the name Mira for the mom...What do you think?

It could be short for ...

Miriana
Mireille or Mireilla
Mirabel
Elmira

Last names....

Campion
Stewart
Ward
???

#5 ImaginationGirl

ImaginationGirl

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Acting, Singing and spending time with God, my family, friends and cats!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:51 PM

I think all the names you're likely so far are great!

Mira, that's so pretty! I think it's a fine idea for her name.
Luke turned into Louis would be neat. If you wanted it to be Joe, his king name could be Josiah.

I like Stewart and Ward, Mira Stewart or Mira Ward would be pretty.

I'll let you think if I think of any more suggestions--but I think you're on the right track as of now! Have a great day!

#6 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:42 AM

The first name that came to mind for the princess was Aurelia Harper (Aurelia being the fnm Harper the ln :blush: ). But, Mira is really cute as well! Mirabel! :wub:

LN Harper is stuck in my brain! :P But, more occupational names:
Archer
Abbott
Carter
Bailey
Chandler
Sawyer
Taylor
Tucker
Webster
Weaver
Walker