• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 PinkTumbleweed85

PinkTumbleweed85

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Baby Names (of course!), Writing, Art, Reading, Traveling, Playing Games, Spending Time With Family and Friends, and so much more!

Posted 26 July 2015 - 10:48 AM

Hi, I just wanted to ask a few questions out of curiosity and to see everyone's different preferences and opinions!

1. What are your top ten favorite names for each gender?

2. What are your top ten least favorite names for each gender?

3. If you could change your name to anything else, what would it be?

4. If you could pick your spouse's/partner's name, what would it be?

5. What is your biggest baby name pet-peeve?

6. Which gender do you find easier to name, boys or girls, and why?

#2 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:36 PM

Girls:

Imogen

Margot

Eloise

Vivienne

Jane

Amelie

Matilda

Violet

Phoebe

Norah

Boys:

Henry

Jude

August

Miles

Noah

Theo

Amos

Atticus

Rowan

Max

2. Probably names like Nevaeh, Kylie, Janis, Beryl or Trudy. Super old fashioned but stuffy (not vintage), a lot of dated names from the 70's-90's and the more modern and 'tryndee' ones.

3. I don't think I can see myself as anything but Yasmine. But my birthgiver was thinking of naming me Melody. Elodie would have been nice I guess. 

4. Any name off of my boys list probably!

5. Adding y's to names to make them feel more girly? Like Madysyn or Ayva for example. I just feel like the originals look neater and more appealing.

6. Boys. I have my favourites and they haven't changed that much for the past 5 years or so. Not set in stone, but my girls change more often.

#3 Riley_Jane

Riley_Jane

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Singing, Acting, Dancing, Writing, Names, Event Planning, Hiking, Fitness, Cooking, Baking, and Exploring new things!

Posted 26 July 2015 - 04:29 PM

Adelaide

Mary

Katharine

Aurelia

Cecilia

Desmia

Esme

Anastasia

Davina

Helene

William

Bellamy

Harper

Thomas

Rhydian

Sebastian

Jason

Miles

Zachary

Walt

Braden

Colton

Austin

Evan

Peter

Lyle

Jethro

George

Owen

Theodore

Penelope

Nova

Linda

Heather

Vivian

Allison

Tiffany

Hope

Jessica

Kristen

My name is Alicia Marie, if I could change my name to anything it would be…

Adelaide Rose

If I could pick my partner/spouse's name it would be…

Harper Allen

I hate it when there are extra, unnecessary letters added to make a very nice name “unique”. I think it just looks tacky.

Girls! I used to hate my own name so I spent a lot of time looking at girl’s names that I wished could be my name so I know a lot more girl’s names. Also I find it easier to narrow down lists of girl’s names for some reason.

#4 -Tara

-Tara

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:06 PM

GIRL:
Sadie, Josie, Willow, Lia, Abigail, Kiley, Evelyn, Lilly, Miranda, and Paisley.

BOY: Adam, Weston, Jackson, Conner, Owen, Gavin, William, Zachary, Kayden and Jacob.

GIRL: Samantha, Alexandria, Tiffany, Jessica, Darby, Christie, Monica, Nicole, Leslie, 

BOY: Michael, Alexander, Cody, Damien, Daniel, Drake, 

My name is Tara Ann. I probably wouldn't change my name to anything else.
     His name is Justin-Michael. I wouldn't change his name either except I'd probably change        his middle name.
     Trendy spellings. Boy names on girls and girls names on boys.

Girls are easier to me!

#5 Holloway

Holloway

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:07 PM

top ten favorites 

Boys: Ryder, Oliver, Simon, Jude, Whitman, Elliot, Arthur, Jackson, Everett, Calvin

Girls: Lila, Annie, Clara, Liesle, Parker, Willa, Robin, Lara, Tessa, Hollis

top ten least favorites
I don't know if I have a top ten but here we go 

Boys: Gabriel, Peregrine, Ajay, Sebastian

Girls: Shiloh, America, Angel, Angel (Basically anything containing angel guarantees that you kid will be the devil, just from personal experience)  Bliss, Nevaeh, Blair

If you could change your name
My name is Julianne I've always liked it I've never really given any thought to what I'd change it to

If you could pick your spouse's/partner's name

If I could pick I guess I would want it to be one of the middle names I like because traditionally we let the fathers first name be the oldest sons middle name.

So Dean, Samuel, Jackson, or Thomas

biggest baby name pet-peeve
Word names, the newer ones that sound nothing like names, and boy names no girls like Ryan and Shiloh. I think Shiloh bothers me because it was so obscure for so long and then all of a sudden people are going to use it on girls I don't know it just rubs me the wrong way

Which is easier to name, boys or girls? 

Oh Definitely Girl names, I can't really find very many girl names I like I've never been particularly girly and I've always connected better with the boys when we have kids in my family so I guess I find it hard to picture myself with a daughter and harder to find girl names. Plus there's only one boy in my generation of my family so most names I find sound like they'd be honoring one of my cousins and god forbid I would honor just one of them I'd never hear the end of it.

#6 PinkTumbleweed85

PinkTumbleweed85

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Baby Names (of course!), Writing, Art, Reading, Traveling, Playing Games, Spending Time With Family and Friends, and so much more!

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:43 AM

Love seeing your answers! Can I answer my own question?

Boys: Lorenzo "Enzo", Adam, Eric, Gabriel, Hector, Oliver, Luca, Alex, Max, Tobias "Toby"
Girls: Maya, Rosa, Carmen, Valentina, Brianna, Nina, Evelina, Anaïs, Louise, Priya

2. What are your top ten least favorite names for each gender? (Please don't get offended if I dislike your name/favorite name)
Boys: Seth, Cruz, Owen, Knox, Hunter, Bodhi, Cooper, Silas, Hugo, Bentley
Girls: Alice, Alexis, Lux, Reagan, Kennedy, McKenna, Teagan, Alana, Carys, Scarlett

I go by Jackie usually, which is my nickname. My full name is similar to Jacqueline (don't want to release it), but it's spelled uniquely because my mom wanted something "cute". I am fond of it so I would probably keep it, but change the spelling to something more normal or just go ahead with Jacqueline. Oh! And I would give myself a middle name. No idea what it would be. I always wanted to be a part of the middle name club!

No spouse or partner, but if I got to pick his name, it probably be Theo/Teddy, Matthew, Thomas, or Daniel/Danny. Or something I could shorten to a nickname. Although, Channing or Chandler would be cool, because then our "ship name" would be JackieChan!

Well-established names for one gender on the other and "yoonneekley" spelled names. As a person with a uniquely spelled name, it sucks. Misspelled all the time, mispronounced, and I can't find my name on a Coke bottle. And while I may not see it at my school, I see my name and spelling popping up in other places.

This one is tricky. I have a lot of girl names I like, but only a few that I would really use. I feel like boys names are more diverse than girl names. I change my boy names constantly because while there are some that I like, there are also many I truly love. If you give me a list of 100 girl names, I'll probably like 75 of them, but only love 3. Do the same with boys' names and I'll probably like 40 of them and really love 20. Sorry it seems kind of complicated, but the short answer is boys. I guess I like quality over quantity.

This was really fun!
  • PaperHeart likes this

#7 pinkmonkey23

pinkmonkey23

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 860 posts
  • Interests:Names ⌇ My children ⌇ Supernatural ⌇ I-Zombie ⌇ Lucifer ⌇ Arrowverse ⌇ Jane the virgin ⌇ The Originals ⌇ The Vampire Diaries [Before it ended]

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:39 AM

Adelaide

Mary

Katharine

Aurelia

Cecilia

Desmia

Esme

Anastasia

Davina

Helene

William

Bellamy

Harper

Thomas

Rhydian

Sebastian

Jason

Miles

Zachary

Walt

Braden

Colton

Austin

Evan

Peter

Lyle

Jethro

George

Owen

Theodore

Penelope

Nova

Linda

Heather

Vivian

Allison

Tiffany

Hope

Jessica

Kristen

My name is Alicia Marie, if I could change my name to anything it would be…

Adelaide Rose

If I could pick my partner/spouse's name it would be…

Harper Allen

I hate it when there are extra, unnecessary letters added to make a very nice name “unique”. I think it just looks tacky.

Girls! I used to hate my own name so I spent a lot of time looking at girl’s names that I wished could be my name so I know a lot more girl’s names. Also I find it easier to narrow down lists of girl’s names for some reason.

A little bit random.. But How did you do that font? or do you know what it is name wise.. I abso love it.. would look great on my wedding invites..  love to see a little but of swirl on here rather than the standard options.. :)

#8 pinkmonkey23

pinkmonkey23

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 860 posts
  • Interests:Names ⌇ My children ⌇ Supernatural ⌇ I-Zombie ⌇ Lucifer ⌇ Arrowverse ⌇ Jane the virgin ⌇ The Originals ⌇ The Vampire Diaries [Before it ended]

Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:01 AM

Girls- 1. Kairi 2. Peyton 3. Marnie 4. Adecyn 5. Tahlia 6. Isabeau 7. Amara 8. Cassidy 9. Lilith 10. Gracelynn

Boys- 1. Phoenix 2. Harley 3. Sawyer 4. Aeydn 5. Wyatt 6. Levi 7. Elijah 8. Greyson 9. Spencer 10. Enzo

Ohh this is hard.. as i don't tend to remember the ones i dislike.. ummm.. Matthew, David, Paul. Oh Tyler too lol i'm not a fan.. [that being said its my brother's son's name.... ] 

Victoria, Melissa. Christina.. 

I used to really hate my name.. Danielle.. I never got the Ellie nickname part just dan or dani [by friends] or the full name obv.

Umm i asked my mum what my brother would have been called had he have been a girl.. and she said Jodie i said oh i like that much better than my own name.. I have 8 letters the rest of my siblings have 4..

That's hard i cant imagine him being anything else.. Ermmm..  He was going to be Either Daniel or Richard.. so probs Daniel.. With nn Danny 

I suppose that would be stupidly made up names.. like really bad.. And probably boys names but on girls.. Like james... 

7 Years ago i would have said boys but now i say girls.. As we already have a girls name in place for the future but the boys name.. doesn't seem to be happening lol

#9 Riley_Jane

Riley_Jane

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Singing, Acting, Dancing, Writing, Names, Event Planning, Hiking, Fitness, Cooking, Baking, and Exploring new things!

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:53 PM

A little bit random.. But How did you do that font? or do you know what it is name wise.. I abso love it.. would look great on my wedding invites..  love to see a little but of swirl on here rather than the standard options.. :)

It’s called Monotype Corsiva and it is one of the fonts that we have on Microsoft Word! I love it, it’s beautiful and elegant but you can still read it! I type up my answers in a word document and then copy and paste them into the textbox here. Congrats on the wedding and good luck with the invites! :)

#10 Annie S.

Annie S.

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:18 AM

Top Ten Boy's names (1= my favorite of my favorites.)
1- Henry
2- Neal
3- Calvin
4- Clark
5- Callum
6- Caden
7- Cullen
8- Roland "Ro"
9- Elijah poss. Nn Eli, but I'm not sure yet.
10- Jasper

Top Ten Girl's names:
1- Alice "Alli"
2- Mason
3- Carter
4- Ryan
5- Rue (middle name only)
6- Kimberly poss. Nn Kimber
7- Rylie
8- Posey (middle name only)
9- Rylie
10- Grace or Eden (both middle name only)

Top Ten least favorite boy's name: (not including obviously stupid ones like terribly mispelles, stupid famous kid names, etc.)
(1= least favorite "normal" name)
1- Xander (don't really know why. Just makes me cringe. It's a perfectly acceptable name, I just don't know)
2- Alexander (same reason as above.)
3- Mason (only hate it on a boy. I knew a guy. "Shutter")
4- Taylor (know a guy. Ruined the name for me. He's super gross. Eww. This name= barf because of my past)
5- Riley (too feminine for a guy imo)
6- Hunter
7- Connor
8- Collin (okay name I guess. Colin is better I think maybe.)
9- Ryan (don't really hate this on a guy, just running out of names. It seems girly to me. I know I'm weird, but it is just a really pretty girl's name in my head. Lol.)
10- Any weird girly names like Ashley, Mackenzie, etc (terrible on guys imo.)

Top Ten least favorite girl's names:
1- McKenzie (hate the capital K. Mckenzie is great. Also hate it spelled Mackezie, but still not as bad as the capital letter in the middle
2- names with hyphens (only even really seen them on girls really and then just on line)
3- Nevaeh
4- Eh. I don't know. Lily is pretty plain.
5- Rose (same as four.)
6- I don't know any more. Just stupid names I hate.
I don't really hate or love many girl names. Most are in the "they're kinda pretty" or the "I sorta don't like that name" sections.

3.Annie

4. Neal. Hands down, it would be Neal. Neal Warner.

5. Rhyming names. Ugh. Don't give your kids names that rhyme whether they're twins, triplets, or just regular siblings. Just don't do it please!

6. Boys are easier for me. It used to be girls, but now I'm not really in love with many girls names. Alice is pretty much the only girls name that I 100% love and I have about 8 boy's names that I 100% love and about 3 or 4 that I love about 85%. I don't know. I'm just obsessed with baby boy names. Lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users