• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

Alright guys, nameberry through Sasha in my face earlier and I keep coming back to it even though I'm not totally sold on it.
But it fits with Martin's love of Russian names. I know he likes it for a boy but I'd prefer it as a nickname for a girl.
I know its originally a nickname for Alexander so the logical line (to me) would be Alexandra/Alexandria but I don't know if Martin would go for it since his best friend is Alexander and our group of friends has a running joke that Alex & I are a "thing". Even though Martin knows it's a joke I feel like its just a line to not cross.
Any ideas where I could Sasha as a nickname from? I know there's Natasha but I'd like a few options.
Thanks!

#2 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

I really like Sasha for a girl. I think it's pretty and fresh and unique enough that you won't hear it all the time. I honestly don't think it needs a full name to go with it - I think it's great on it's own. I have Sasha Nadine on my list

#3 ßlush

ßlush

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Paying off student loans & over-priced coffee.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

I agree with Permanent Rose - I don't think having a longer name to get to the nn Sasha is necessary. And Sasha is pretty, btw. It feels exotic and exciting and other good adjectives without being sounding too ethnic.
Anyway. More options:

Anastasia/ Nastassia
Sandra
Saskia
Satyana

A few of them could be a stretch, I know.

#4 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

Thanks guys. I think Martin would lean more towards Natasha but he's in a mood where names are strictly forbidden.
Someone on Name berry mentioned Cassandra. Its kind of a stretch (Cassandra -> Sandra-> Sasha) but I like it a bit more than Natasha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users