#1 toydog16r

toydog16r

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

Hi,

I'm writing a story featuring triplets and was wondering what people thought of these names?

Sarah Jane Smith - partially a pun on the doctor who characters name as their father is a journalist but he claims is named after his own grandmother and his wifes rag doll.

Glyndwr David Smith - named after the grandfather and uncle of the triplets mother - these are named after my own relations. Throughout the story his name is shortened to Glyn?

Elsie Eilonwy Smith - Named after her great-grandmother, mothers side, and the character from "The black cauldron" - princess and strong female lead in it. (Pronouned Eye-la

The name I'd like suggestions for is their new brother. Firstly I thought to name him Alex - as the main characters (their mother and her best friend) had written a book together where their own main characters have sons the same day - one named Liam (which is the other characters sons name) and other Alex - but now thinking the difficulty with this and differentiating - so Alex is downgraded to middle name but any suggestions would be much appreciated.

#2 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

I really like Sarah Jane, but it seems so simple and plain compared to the other names. I would either simplify the other names or add/change something with this one.

I've never seen the name Glyndwr before, it seems very feminine to me. David is really nice, though. David fits well with Sarah Jane. Some ideas:
David Benjamin
David Garrett
David Griffin
Glendon David "Glen" / David Glendon
I think the original variant of Glendwyr, Glendower, is best, it seems more masculine and easier to pronounce.

I think Elsie is an adorable name! I think the middle name is nice, but doesn't match Sarah Jane at all. It goes well with Glyndwr, though.
To better match Sarah Jane, consider:
Elsie Elizabeth
Elsie Ann
Elsie Georgia
Elsie Madeline

I'm a little confused by what you're wanting for the last brother, but I'll suggest stuff anyway:
Micah Samuel / Micah Alexander
Jameson Isaac / Jameson Alexander
Ashton Thomas / Ashton Alexander
Benton Lucas "Ben" / Benton Alexander "Ben"
Jackson Azariah / Jackson Alexander
Chandler Jude / Chandler Alexander
Jude Alexander
Dustin Alexander
Tolliver Jude / Tolliver Alexander
Brett Alexander
Brady Alexander
Jacob Alexander (could be "Jake")
Blaine Alexander
Laken Alexander

#3 const3llati0ns

const3llati0ns

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

Sarah Jane <3 <3 <3 I love the name Sarah, and also I love Doctor Who.

Glyndwr is a bit weird, but with the nickname Glyn it'll be okay.

I also love Elsie.

William Alexander? That's the first thing that came to my head. Also:

Thomas Alexander

Justin Alexander

Paul Alexander

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users