4 replies to this topic

#1 Mika Casey

Mika Casey

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Sorry I haven't been on in a while, I've been SUPER busy...but I'm back cause I miss you guys and wanna share my current list! Tim and I have come up with a mostly finalized list, and I do have some questions. (:

1. How do you guys feel about some siblings having the same first letter, but other not? Like the sibset Leonidas, Karine, Nahla, and Lenore?
2. Are Karine and Kane too similar? Karine...they're off by two letters. =/
3. I don't love Reid's middle name...I'd love any suggestions!

Leonidas Ray
Leonidas - Greek, lion.
Ray is after my father.

Odin Timothy
Odin - Norse, god of war.
Timothy is after Tim, of course!

Pacey Keats
Keats is after the English Romantic poet John Keats.

Kane Giovanni
Kane - Welsh, man of the eastern sky.
Giovanni is after my maternal grandfather.

Fynn Micah
Fynn - Irish, bright; fair.
Micah is a masculine version of my midle name, Mika, pronounced the same way.

Reid Whitman (?)
Reid - English, red-haired.
Whitman is after the American poet Walt Whitman.

Nero Jordan
Nero - Latin, stern.
Jordan was what I would have been named if I were a boy.

Karine Laura Poet

Karine - Greek, maiden. Karine is also after Tim's sister Alyssa Karine.
Laura is after Tim’s mom, Laura Lynn.
Poet reflects my love of poetry.

Nahla Terri Nicole
Nahla - Arabic, a drink of water.
Terri is after my mom.
Nicole is after Tim’s sister Raschell Nicole.

Lenore Memphis Ann
Lenore - Italian/Greek, bright, shining on.
Memphis - a city in Tennessee.
Ann is after my sister, Cassandra Ann, and maternal grandmother, Elizabeth Ann.

Wylie Jacqueline Rita
Wylie - English, from Wylye.
Jacqueline is after Raven’s best friend.
Rita is after Tim’s paternal grandmother.

Keeva Sonnet Lyn
Keeva - Irish, gentle, beautiful, precious.
Sonnet is a form poem, reflecting my love for poetry.
Lyn is after Raven’s poetry mentor, Judith Lyn.

Lilith Raven Mia
Lilith - Assyrian, Sumerian; ghost, night monster.
Raven is after myself.
Mia is after my sister, Tivoli Mia.

#2 ShannonElizabeth

ShannonElizabeth

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

YES! I was incredibly bored and I was hoping someone would post something. ;)

1. How do you guys feel about some siblings having the same first letter, but other not? Like the sibset Leonidas, Karine, Nahla, and Lenore?
- I think it's fine, unless you have like Adam, Ashley, Anna, Ariana and Kate or something like that. But Leonidas, Karine, Nahla and Lenore work well together. :)
- I think they are slightly too close to be honest. They sounds quite a bit alike and are almost the same name spelled out. Maybe use one as a middle name?
- I will come back to this one - I just got back from Australia yesterday and my brain isn't working yet. ;)

Leonidas Ray
I love the meaning of Leonidas, my favorite movie is the Lion King so anything Lion related for/on a boy is just amazing in my mind. And the flow of these names is great.
Odin Timothy
Odin - Odin is not my style, but the flow with Timothy is great. And it makes Timothy seem less "boring" if you know what I mean? Remember - My brain is not on duty so forgive me if any of this sounds wrong. You would not believe how many times I have to respell some of these words right now.
Pacey Keats
I like Pacey, even though it's not really my style. And it sounds great with Keats.
Kane Giovanni
To be completely honest, Giovanni just makes me think of Jersey Shore. BUT it is a good name and it sounds great with Kane. <3
Fynn Micah
I love the name Flynn, and I also love that you get to incorporate your middle name into either gender. :)
Reid Whitman (?)
Reid is not really a name that I like, but it suits the rest of your boy names very nicely. I am also not sure if Reid Whitman sounds perfect, considering it sort of sounds like 2 last names. I'll try to think of suggestions.
Nero Jordan
I don't really like the name Jordan, I just know too many of them for it to be a good name association for me. But the flow is good. :)

Karine Laura Poet

I'm recently really loving double middle names for girls so this is really sweet. I like the name Poet as a GP for me, but I love that it's on your list. :)
Nahla Terri Nicole
I really love the name Nahla (because of my love of Lion King) And the flow of these names is awesome.
Lenore Memphis Ann
These names aren't really my style, but they sound great together and they sound nice on your girls list. :)
Wylie Jacqueline Rita
My cousins have a dog named Wylie, who is a boy so I'm not sure I can picture this name on a girl. But the flow is great. And I love that you paired Wylie with very feminine middle names.
Keeva Sonnet Lyn
My friend had a cat named Keeva, who was actually a pretty nice cat - and the flow is great. :)
Lilith Raven Mia
I prefer Lillian to Lilith, but that's just me. But these names sound very good together. :D

Edit: You also would not believe how many words I spelled wrong through that whole post and I had to go back and retype them all. I think it's time to go back to bed. ;)
I woke up at 2:00 pm today - it's not even 4.

Edited by Shay, 06 January 2013 - 04:40 PM.

#3 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

I get the impression that you like poetry... Lol. :)

#4 Mika Casey

Mika Casey

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

YES! I was incredibly bored and I was hoping someone would post something. ;)

- I think it's fine, unless you have like Adam, Ashley, Anna, Ariana and Kate or something like that. But Leonidas, Karine, Nahla and Lenore work well together. :)
- I think they are slightly too close to be honest. They sounds quite a bit alike and are almost the same name spelled out. Maybe use one as a middle name?
- I will come back to this one - I just got back from Australia yesterday and my brain isn't working yet. ;)

Leonidas Ray
I love the meaning of Leonidas, my favorite movie is the Lion King so anything Lion related for/on a boy is just amazing in my mind. And the flow of these names is great.
Odin Timothy
Odin - Odin is not my style, but the flow with Timothy is great. And it makes Timothy seem less "boring" if you know what I mean? Remember - My brain is not on duty so forgive me if any of this sounds wrong. You would not believe how many times I have to respell some of these words right now.
Pacey Keats
I like Pacey, even though it's not really my style. And it sounds great with Keats.
Kane Giovanni
To be completely honest, Giovanni just makes me think of Jersey Shore. BUT it is a good name and it sounds great with Kane. <3
Fynn Micah
I love the name Flynn, and I also love that you get to incorporate your middle name into either gender. :)
Reid Whitman (?)
Reid is not really a name that I like, but it suits the rest of your boy names very nicely. I am also not sure if Reid Whitman sounds perfect, considering it sort of sounds like 2 last names. I'll try to think of suggestions.
Nero Jordan
I don't really like the name Jordan, I just know too many of them for it to be a good name association for me. But the flow is good. :)

Karine Laura Poet

I'm recently really loving double middle names for girls so this is really sweet. I like the name Poet as a GP for me, but I love that it's on your list. :)
Nahla Terri Nicole
I really love the name Nahla (because of my love of Lion King) And the flow of these names is awesome.
Lenore Memphis Ann
These names aren't really my style, but they sound great together and they sound nice on your girls list. :)
Wylie Jacqueline Rita
My cousins have a dog named Wylie, who is a boy so I'm not sure I can picture this name on a girl. But the flow is great. And I love that you paired Wylie with very feminine middle names.
Keeva Sonnet Lyn
My friend had a cat named Keeva, who was actually a pretty nice cat - and the flow is great. :)
Lilith Raven Mia
I prefer Lillian to Lilith, but that's just me. But these names sound very good together. :D

Edit: You also would not believe how many words I spelled wrong through that whole post and I had to go back and retype them all. I think it's time to go back to bed. ;)
I woke up at 2:00 pm today - it's not even 4.

AW SHAY I MISS YOU <3

Thanks for all of your opinions and kind words...I really appreciate it! Get some sleep, silly!

#5 Mika Casey

Mika Casey

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

I get the impression that you like poetry... Lol. :)

Poetry is the love of my life (shhh...don't tell Tim!). <3
;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users