• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

I'm starting to really, really like the name Emerson for a girl. I love the nicknames Emmy and Sunny, and I'm just finding it so cute! It really doesn't go with either of the surnames she'd be given, as they both end in 'son'. Is that too big of a problem? Emerson Neilson, I kind of like the ring it has actually, is that weird?

If I was naming her she'd probably be Emerson Jane (after a few women in my life), Emerson Vera Jane (after all three of her grandmothers), Emerson Phaedra (because it sounds so awesome!), Emerson Eloise (alliterative, but it's cute), or Emerson Anne (after me...is that weird?). Which of these options is your favourite?

Thanks so much guys!
Hannah x

#2 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

Emerson Vera Jane is BEAUTIFUL and honours some wonderful people at the same time!! With the double middle, I think the surname problem isn't that bad... besides, you are the one who likes it, and that is what matters! :)

It is cute and the nns are great <3

Hope that helped, good luck!
-Grace

#3 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

I LOVE Emerson SO much! I have Emerson Juliet nickname Emme. I guess Emerson Vera Jane is best, and it's nice that it's honoring. I do think a surname ending in -son with a first name ending in -son would not work well. But, that's my opinion. :-)

#4 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

Emerson Ruby would also be pretty! I can suggest more middles if you want. :-)

#5 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

Thank you. I wish all the names I liked didn't clash with baby's surname :-( But what can I do lol. I have to run it by my boyfriend, but I think the endings are too similar, so it will have to stay a guilty pleasure for now. My surname also ends in son, so Emerson is not looking likely right now. Emerson Ruby is pretty! More middles would be great, though I can't use it anytime soon.

#6 ashleylyn

ashleylyn

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

Emerson Vera Jane, is absolutely stunning!

#7 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

Emerson Vera Jane is gorgeous! It's doesn't clash too badly with Neilson, at least not enough for me to raise my eyebrows upon hearing it.

#8 Laura2013

Laura2013

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

I actually love Emerson and it's one of the surnames I will accept as a first name to the point I'm thinking about it for a upcoming story I want to write. I prefer Emma for a nickname to Emmy, though.

Laura

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users