5 replies to this topic

#1 willow27

willow27

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

Hello everyone,
My husband and I are expecting a little girl very soon and had chosen the name Georgia Ellenor (last name consists of one syllable).

Georgia as my husband has always loved this name and Ellenor after a grandparent we were very close to who passed away a few years back. We toyed with the classical spelling of Eleanor however decided the way gran spelt it had more sentiment. We both thought it too be an old fashioned yet sweet vintage name and were happy with our selection.

As our loved ones know the gender of bub we had decided to keep the name secret however in excitement I shared the name with a friend who has now made me reconsider our choice.

She felt it was too stern for a little girl and suggested using a variation of my grandmothers name too soften it. Now I'm all confused as I'm not sure if my love for the sentiment of the name is overriding selecting a lovely name or if its just that it is actually a sweet name and my friend just has different taste.

Would love your thoughts as its stressing me out a little as the due date gets closer and hubby is no help as he isnt fazed by middle names apparently.

Thanks,
Edi

#2 CLA

CLA

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

I think Georgia Ellenor is beautiful. I'm sure you're friend just has a different taste in names. When my sister had her second daughter, my mom and I didn't like the chosen name at all and we were prepared to call her a variation of her middle name. But since then, the name has grown on us and honestly we could not imagine that little girl with any other name.

#3 Acantha

Acantha

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:24 AM

Georgia Ellenor is beautiful! Georgie or Gia are both sweet, playful nicknames you can use if you want. Ellenor is a great way to honor your grandmother.

#4 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

I don't think Georgia Ellenor is harsh sounding at all. I think the overall combination is lovely and I'm sure your family will love it and your baby girl when she arrives.

#5 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:39 AM

I love it just how it is, you should honor your gran not you friend:)

#6 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

I think it is okay, if you love it! But one thing I would do, is make it Georgiana Ellenor, just to make it a little softer. But it is beautiful! I know whatever you pick will be great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users