Photo

My Chemical Romance's Gerard Way and Wife Have Baby!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 kwatts

kwatts

Superstar Baby Namer

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:22 PM

I doubt I've told any of you this, but I am a HUGE My Chemical Romance fan. So, when I found out lead singer Gerard Way and his wife Lyn-Z (real name Lindsey Ballato) welcomed a daughter I had to post it.

The rocker couple Gerard Way and Lyn-Z welcomed a baby girl, Bandit Lee Way, on Wednesday, his rep confirms to PEOPLE.

"Gerard and Lindsey Way welcomed their first child on May 27," the rep said. "Their daughter, Bandit Lee Way, was born in Los Angeles at 2:57 p.m. and weighs 6 lbs., 5.6 oz. Everyone is healthy and happy."

Way, 32, is the singer for My Chemical Romance and a comic-book artist. Lyn-Z (real name: Lindsey Ballato) is the bassist for punk band Mindless Self Indulgence.

The couple were married in September 2007. They announced the pregnancy in November. This is their first child.

Source

I love Gerard, but I hate that name. Bandit isn't a good name at all. It's a rock star/Hollywood name that bugs me. And I don't like the middle name Lee spelled with two e's for a girl. This rivals the likes of Bronx Mowgli for outrageous Hollywood names.

So, what do you think?

#2 callumbibumbum

callumbibumbum

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 736 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:02 PM

I doubt I've told any of you this, but I am a HUGE My Chemical Romance fan. So, when I found out lead singer Gerard Way and his wife Lyn-Z (real name Lindsey Ballato) welcomed a daughter I had to post it.

The rocker couple Gerard Way and Lyn-Z welcomed a baby girl, Bandit Lee Way, on Wednesday, his rep confirms to PEOPLE.

"Gerard and Lindsey Way welcomed their first child on May 27," the rep said. "Their daughter, Bandit Lee Way, was born in Los Angeles at 2:57 p.m. and weighs 6 lbs., 5.6 oz. Everyone is healthy and happy."

Way, 32, is the singer for My Chemical Romance and a comic-book artist. Lyn-Z (real name: Lindsey Ballato) is the bassist for punk band Mindless Self Indulgence.

The couple were married in September 2007. They announced the pregnancy in November. This is their first child.

Source

I love Gerard, but I hate that name. Bandit isn't a good name at all. It's a rock star/Hollywood name that bugs me. And I don't like the middle name Lee spelled with two e's for a girl. This rivals the likes of Bronx Mowgli for outrageous Hollywood names.

So, what do you think?

I with you on that one Kehli. Absolutely terreebla. As for Bronx and Mowgli, I think you know where we all stand. My sister-in-law laughed in my face about that. I might get her on here actually.

#3 Guest_Evy_*

Guest_Evy_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:33 PM

Wow. Just as bad as Bronx Mowgli... And here I was thinking it couldn't get any worse.

#4 Hannah

Hannah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Interests:I love writing, reading, sports of any kind(my favorites being basketball & soccer), music, and hanging out with my friends and family.

AND, I of course love thinking of baby names even though that is a VERY far in the future thing for me because I'm still young!

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:52 PM

Awe I love My Chemical Romance!

But the two could have picked a much, much prettier name for a beautiful baby girl. Bandit doesn't even sound like a name and if it does at all, it seems masculine anyways, especially paired with Lee (It might have been better if it were Leigh). Well, looks like Hollywood got the better of the two of them.

#5 Jessica J

Jessica J

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:Worship, singing, writing songs, being with friends and loved ones, reading, and watching movies.

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:44 PM

Horrible...especially for a girl

#6 Cadence & Nathan

Cadence & Nathan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:55 PM

Agreed!

#7 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:01 AM

I don't like it either, but I do like Lee spelled with two ee's.

#8 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 04:29 AM

Why do that to your child?! I completely agree with Kheli! It's awful. :/ Poor little girl..

-Yas <33

#9 JENN2688

JENN2688

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:52 PM

A-W-F-U-L! Poor little girl!
How could you do that to the poor child!
Much better names!
What is up with all of the off-the-wall names?

#10 Momo Cicerone

Momo Cicerone

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,022 posts
  • Interests:-Manga/Anime
    -Reality shows
    -Fanfiction (ages ago)
    -Books (Science fiction, Romance, Fantasy, Poetry, Adventure, Suspense, etc)
    -Shopping (shoes -watched too much Sex & the City)
    -Movies (and popcorn)
    -Surfing the internet
    -Video games (ages ago)
    -Dogs (Have an Alaskan Malamute named Zoe)
    -Karaoke (could stay all night long)
    -Drawing (ages ago, already lost my touch)

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:56 AM

That is even worse than Metallica.

Poor girl... :)

#11 tasheeox

tasheeox

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Shopping, Music, Reading, Gossiping Ha!

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:36 AM

I hate the name BANDIT! gosh lol terrible.
I also don't like MCR but they are really good performers live ha

#12 soccerisluv(:

soccerisluv(:

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:50 PM

I don't care for it...and it's pretty cool, but for some reason, I don't know..I almost think it's cute...but I'm strange like that...

#13 TayTayAndCaelee

TayTayAndCaelee

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:11 PM

Reserecting this post for no real reason

I LOVE the name Bandit Lee. It is so adorable. Like seriously, it's sooooo cute! And she is absolutely adorable!!! Really, I just love it. As well as Bronx Mowgli... so fricking cute!!!!

I understand why you hate it, but really if you think about it, Bandit Lee is the daughter of two rockers... the way they raise her I kind of doubt she'll have any complaints. Just saying.

Now, I will say, before you guys have heart attacks, I don't have the balls to name my kids something like this. I love it, but I couldn't stand the criticizme you all are giving. Me and my fiancee are in bands and we're likely going with Cordelia (Cori) and Johanna (Joei/Johnni) for our twin girls.

However, we have been talking that those names are a little too boring and traditional for us no matter how cute they are... Who knows... we might have the next Bandit Lees and Bronx Mowglis

#14 -TebowTime-

-TebowTime-

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:57 PM

Bandit for a GIRL IS TERRIBLE.

#15 LaRn_aShLeeee

LaRn_aShLeeee

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:12 PM

That's just as awful as Pirate, Pilot Inspector, and Audio Science :) These poor kids!

#16 MooreThanAlive

MooreThanAlive

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:19 PM

Wow, do you guys all seriously hate Bandit that much? If our twins are girls they'll be named Bandit and Harley-Quinn. It's a tough, bad-###### name and really. Being the daughter of two rockers like Gerard and Lyn-Z... you know she'll be bad-######. I love Bandit... and Bronx... and Audio...

#17 fearlessly_enchanted

fearlessly_enchanted

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:I've been naming my children since I was 6. I like the typical things; music, reading, writing, movie marathons, friends & family, shoes, bags, etc.

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:13 AM

My cat's name is Bandit... not the greatest name for a child...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users