• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:16 AM

I am writing a story about a group of children, who are all alone in an adult world. I have some names, but I can't choose between them, and I don't know if they sound right together. There are 12 children whose ages range from 19 to 4, and there are 5 sibling sets within the group.
First I'll just tell you about the kids, and the names I am stuck between. (Sorry, this might get a bit long)

The oldest is a boy, he is 19, a born leader, but a bit of a rebel, he has black hair, blue eyes. He is in love with the MC, and has a younger sister, who he loves to bits, and wants to protect. The names I have for him at the moment are either Bluejay (he's a bit of a free spirit) or Jaxson (the rebel). I also need middle names, and any other suggestions would be welcome. His last name might be Woods, but I'm not sure about that.

The next oldest is a girl (the MC), who is 18 an has blonde hair, brown eyes, she is shy and timid, definitely not what you would call a leader, a romantic, she spends her time dreaming of love. Her heart belongs to ^^ him, but she is not sure of his feelings, plus, his sister is her friend. She has a younger brother and sister, who are 12 and 7, who she adores. Some names I have are Riau (Ree-OR), Ryissa (Ry-I-sa), or Allison nn. Allie. She also needs a middle name plus suggestions for first name. Her surname will be Stook, that I am sure of.

Next comes the oldest boys sister, who WILL be called Fyfe, who is 16. She has a fiery personality to match her flame red hair, but contrast with her calm blue eyes. She needs a middle name, and also last name (Woods at the moment).

Boy, age 14, brown hair, grey eyes. Has a younger brother, trusts no-one except the people he knows. Surname probably Lawson, but could be better. Names at the moment, Anselmo, Kristin and Cyrus.

Boy, age 12, MCs brother. Looks up to his sister a lot, and oldest boy. Bases his decisions on other peoples opinions, and tries to keep a cool head in bad situations. Has brown hair and brown eyes, wants to protect his sisters, cause hes the only boy. Names atm, Doria, Cavell and Joseph nn. Jo-Jo. Surname Stook, as for his older sister.

Twin girls, age 10. Both have blonde hair and green eyes. Oldest one is more outgoing and in charge, has a short temper, but is learning to control it. Youngest one is more shy, and tends to hang back. She follows her sister, and is the one that is mostly left to take care of their younger brother, who is 5. Names atm, Rizzio and Elion, Fallon and Faylin, Robin and Veronica nns. Rob nd Ronnie. Surname probably Fields, but am open to suggestions.

Boy, age 8. Younger brother of 14 year old. Has brown hair and grey eyes. Is into sports and running around, but doesn't get much time to stretch his legs. Is always full of energy, and can get on people's nerves. Names atm, Jules, Skylar and Dean. Surname, Lawson, but it could be better.

Girl, age 7. MCs younger sister. Blonde hair blue eyes. Follows her sisters lead, very good, doesn't get into trouble. Likes to help people, and loves playing with her older brother, who makes up fun games. Names atm, Zairian, Callin and Charity. Surname, Stook.

Boy, age 7. Friendly and outgoing, best friend boy aged 8. Has a younger sister who is 4. Strawberry blonde hair and brown eyes. Likes reading and spending time outdoors. Names atm, Jehan, Finlay and Casey, though I don't like any of them much. Surname Hunter.

Boy aged 5. Name WILL be Pippo, has brown hair and green eyes. Loves his older sisters, will do anything for them. Loves to get dirty, and hates having a bath. Needs a middle name, surname suggestions welcome too, atm it is Fields.

Girl aged 4. Older brother aged 7. Has strawberry blonde hair and hazel eyes. Loves to sing and dance, and adores all of the older kids. Very innocent and sweet, very trusting, loves chocolate. Names atm, Miette, Jesaray and Macy.

Like I said before, any suggestions welcome, surnames, middle names or first names.
Quick recap:
Male, 19, Bluejay/Jaxson _________ Woods
Female, 18, Riau/Ryissa/Allison __________ Stook
Female, 16, Fyfe ___________ Woods
Male, 14, Anselmo/Kristin/Cyrus _________ Lawson
Male, 12, Doria/Cavell/Joseph _________ Stook
Female, 10, Rizzio/Fallon/Robin __________ Fields
Female, 10, Elion/Faylin/Veronica _________Fields
Male, 8, Jules/Skylar/Dean _________ Lawson
Female, 7, Zairian/Callin/Charity _________ Stook
Male, 7, Jehan/Finlay/Casey _________ Hunter
Male, 5, Pippo __________ Fields
Female, 4, Miette/Jesaray/Macy _________ Hunter

Just tell me which you think are best, or any of your suggestions, ones in bold are my fave, but I really can't decide.

#2 Primrose

Primrose

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Acting<br />Singing <br />Dancing<br />Reading

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:24 PM

Male, 19, Jaxson Oliver Woods, Jaxson Thomas Woods
Female, 18, Riyssa is my favorite from your suggestions. Here are some other suggestions: Rue, Selene, Celeste
Female, 16, Fyfe Jade Woods
Male, 14, Cyrus Parker Lawson
Male, 12, Cavell Peter Stook
Female, 10, Robin Paige Fields
Female, 10, Veronica Payton Fields
Male, 8, Jules Mason Lawson
Female, 7, Charity Lorna Stook
Male, 7, Regan James Hunter
Male, 5, Pippo Jared Fields
Female, 4, Macy Ann Hunter

Hope this helps!

-Prim

#3 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:14 PM

Male, 19, Jaxson Oliver Woods, Jaxson Thomas Woods
Female, 18, Riyssa is my favorite from your suggestions. Here are some other suggestions: Rue, Selene, Celeste
Female, 16, Fyfe Jade Woods
Male, 14, Cyrus Parker Lawson
Male, 12, Cavell Peter Stook
Female, 10, Robin Paige Fields
Female, 10, Veronica Payton Fields
Male, 8, Jules Mason Lawson
Female, 7, Charity Lorna Stook
Male, 7, Regan James Hunter
Male, 5, Pippo Jared Fields
Female, 4, Macy Ann Hunter

Hope this helps!

-Prim

I like Jaxson Thomas, and Jaxson Oliver, but Oliver is my bros name, so I don't really want to use that.
Rue is good, might be a contender.
Fyfe Jade sounds great, and way better than what I already had picked (Fyfe Megan).
Mmmm, still not liking Cyrus much, but it sounds great combined with Parker.
Cavell Peter is okay, do Cavell, Charity and Rue go well?
Robin Paige and Veronica Peyton look great together, and I love the nickname combo (Rob nd Ronnie), still not sure on them tho
Jules Mason is alright, but I don't really like the first name, sounds a bit girly now that I think of it.
Love love love Charity, not sure about Lorna, but it does sound good.
Regan is a great name, and I might actually use it, but probably not with James as a mn.
Pippo Jared is good, although a bit too masculine, Pippo is the wimpy kid, the feminine one (if that makes ANY sense to you at all)
Macy Ann flows so well, and I like it so much, but it doesn't seem to fit the character, maybe I should try a musical name, like Lyrik, or Melody?

Any more suggestions? I really need help.
Deffo gunna use Jaxson, sounds great with Fyfe, and deffo Charity. Maybe Regan? Need more middle names and first name suggestions please.

Btw Primrose, sorry to sound ungrateful for your wonderful suggestions, I'm not, they're all great, it's just I'm REALLY fussy when it comes to picking the perfect name. If you have any more wonderful suggestions please suggest them, as you can see, my brain has turned to complete MUSH, and I need a rest, but I can't be bothered, takes too much effort.

#4 Primrose

Primrose

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Acting<br />Singing <br />Dancing<br />Reading

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:39 PM

I'm glad that you liked some of them! Don't worry I'm not that easily offended and I am one of the pickiest people for my character names. :)

I'll post some more suggestions later.

#5 Ruthy

Ruthy

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:37 PM

Male, 19, Jaxson Blue Woods
Female, 18, Kyler Sarah Stook
Female, 16, Fyfe Teagan Woods
Male, 14, Cyrus Zander Lawson
Male, 12, Joseph Cace Stook
Female, 10, Fallon Odessa Fields
Female, 10, Elion Abrielle Fields
Male, 8, Dean John Lawson
Female, 7, Charity Anne Stook
Male, 7, Finlay Orion Hunter
Male, 5, Pippo Hunter Fields
Female, 4, Macy Jade Hunter

#6 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:40 PM

With twelve characters the thing you need to look out for are similar names that might be confused. I once wrote a story with a James and a Jeremy who were father and son and some people told me that they would often get confused about who was who when I changed from James's point of view to Jeremy's. Stay away from names with the same initial unless one is not a main character and also names that sound similar.

I'd also stay away from names where the pronounciation/sex can be ambiguous and confusing to the reader because it will take them out of the story. You can go unisex when you want the sex of the character to be ambiguous like with the feminine Pippo.

WOODS -I think Jaxson & Fyfe go really well togther as siblings. Jaxson Dirk Woods & Fyfe Hanora Woods

STOOK - I like Prim's suggestion of Rue also. Rue Camren Stook & Charity Alba Stook sound well together but Cavell stands out as odd to me. What about Felix, Dandy, Symon?

FIELDS -For twin girls I think Robin & Veronica nn Ronnie are too similar. What about Veronica nn Ronnie and Alexandra nn Lex or Xand. Veronica Baire Fields, Alexandra Graine Fields & Pippo Lucien (LEW shin) or Linus Fields.

LAWSON - Jules is a bit fem. IMO. What about Jude (maybe too similar to Rue) or Doug, Micah, Nico? Older brother I'd stay away from Cyrus if you are going to use Charity and Cavell (too many C names). What about Ab(bott), Shep(pard), Thorfinn. I really like Shep. Shep or Sheppard Mikail Lawson.

HUNTER - Girl 4, what about Sonja/Sonya, Hanora, or Mercedes/Masadee (MAY suh dee) similar to Macy but has a more musical feel. You have a few natury last names with Woods and Fields. I really like both of those, maybe you should go with something else besides Hunter. What about Hark or Hart, Jiminez? For her brother what about George or Harvey, Roger, Saul. (You have sooooo many interesting and different names sometimes by adding in a very common/traditional name that name seems to stand out as different/unique in that setting and it can be refreshing to have an easy name when presented with so many different ones).

#7 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:03 AM

I really really like Fyfe Hanora, it's really cool, and it seems to suit her so much. Not sure about Jaxson Dirk, but I'll think about it. More suggestions?

Rue Camren is awesome, but I don't think it's really her. If I use the name Rue then I am preferring a more feminine middle name. Charity Alba is pretty, and I think you're right about Cavell, it just sounds out of place. Symon sounds good with Rue and Charity, MN suggestions?

Like Veronica nn. Ronnie and Alexandra nn. Lexie, might use Ronnie for the oldest twin because she's the more boyish one, and Lexie for the more girly one. Pippo Lucian is cute, but I'm starting to not like Pippo anymore. Suggestions for names, and MNs for the girls?

Nico is nice, it seems to suit him, and it's short and sweet, unlike some of the names. Love Sheppard nn. Shep, do Nico and Shep go well? MN suggestions please.

Am thinking about changing last name Hunter to Haart, still same initials, just different name. Masadee I LOVE, specially as she can have so many nicknames, Maisy, Dee, Mas, Addie. Masadee and George sound awesome together, they are so cute. MN suggestions?

So, names I am leaning towards:
Jaxson Thomas Woods/Jaxson Dirk Woods
Rue __________ Stook
Fyfe Hanora Woods/Fyfe Jade Woods
Sheppard (Shep) ____________ Lawson
Symon? _________Stook
Veronica (Ronnie) _____________ Fields
Alexandra (Lexie) _____________ Fields
Nico ______________ Lawson
Charity Alba Stook/Charity Anne Stook
George ______________ Haart?
Pippo? Lucien Fields
Masadee __________ Haart?

Any more suggestions welcome, especially need middle names please.

#8 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:20 AM

Okay, I am there, finally. These are the names that I chose:

Jaxson (Jax) Colby
Rue Antonia (Annie)
Fyfe Olivia
Sheppard (Shep) Nash
Koda Rowan
Veronica (Ronnie) Destiny
Alexandra (Lexa) Willow
Nico Layne
Charity Anne
George Cyrus