83 replies to this topic

#21 Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:28 AM

Agreed. Though, I think it's maternal extinct to believe that her child is 'better'. Does that mean that we can push that belief on someone? Not really. As Cadence said, we are all equal.

Back to the name! Everleigh Ray. I would have liked it better if it was spelt Everly Rae. But a gorgeous name all around.

When did I ever say my dd was better- just happy that she is older!!!!! Its just my opinion back off..........and apparently there are issues because you guys keep commenting on my statement.

#22 Guest_Evy_*

Guest_Evy_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:59 AM

When did I ever say my dd was better- just happy that she is older!!!!! Its just my opinion back off..........and apparently there are issues because you guys keep commenting on my statement.

As we're talking about the name, that's what we're refering to here. We're commenting on the statement, as this is a discussion board.

What a wonderful world it would be if we all agreed to disagree.

#23 Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:47 AM

Yes I am agreeing to disagree but gosh once somebody doesnt agree that its almost a cat fight. So it should be 'lets all agree to agree' because otherwise its lets attack to one who doesnt agree. I am not saying the way I feel is 'right' but its still my opinion and sorry I dont feel flattered okay...........

#24 Guest_erowyn_*

Guest_erowyn_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:15 AM

i love when people like my names (it doesnt happen very often) so i dont understand what all the fuss is either and why on EVERY board where Everleigh gets brought up a comment has to be made about people using it now. names gain popularity, a "bandwagon" starts several years before the height of it as most names tend to gain popularity because other people hear them and like them and use them and thus it grows!!!! deal with it! if you arent flattered by it, fine, but dont try to make someone else feel bad that they want to use a name for their child! so maybe its not lets agree to disagree but rather lets not make petty snide comments.... anyway... I agree with who ever said Everly Rae would have been a better spelling

#25 Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:37 AM

i love when people like my names (it doesnt happen very often) so i dont understand what all the fuss is either and why on EVERY board where Everleigh gets brought up a comment has to be made about people using it now. names gain popularity, a "bandwagon" starts several years before the height of it as most names tend to gain popularity because other people hear them and like them and use them and thus it grows!!!! deal with it! if you arent flattered by it, fine, but dont try to make someone else feel bad that they want to use a name for their child! so maybe its not lets agree to disagree but rather lets not make petty snide comments.... anyway... I agree with who ever said Everly Rae would have been a better spelling

all that talk which is petty but had to make a comment which only adds to a situation lol.

#26 Guest_Evy_*

Guest_Evy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:54 AM

all that talk which is petty but had to make a comment which only adds to a situation lol.

:) Huh?

#27 Guest_erowyn_*

Guest_erowyn_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:56 PM

i commented because i think its pretty crappy of you to try and make a teenage girl feel bad because she wants to use a name that SHE LOVES! who cares if its your daughters name? who cares how old your daughter is? what difference does it make to you? well they ever meet? NO so why try and make a girl feel bad for naming HER child what SHE wants! because in the end it just makes you look stupid and oh wait PETTY

#28 Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:44 PM

i commented because i think its pretty crappy of you to try and make a teenage girl feel bad because she wants to use a name that SHE LOVES! who cares if its your daughters name? who cares how old your daughter is? what difference does it make to you? well they ever meet? NO so why try and make a girl feel bad for naming HER child what SHE wants! because in the end it just makes you look stupid and oh wait PETTY

It obviously makes a difference see if you try to pick an uncommon name atleast it does to me.........and yes Everly is uncommon regardles of the spelling and thank god my dd is older so its not as i got the name from some else from the boards!!! how unoriginal lollol; I would feel embarassed!!!

#29 Guest_Evy_*

Guest_Evy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:54 PM

It obviously makes a difference see if you try to pick an uncommon name atleast it does to me.........and yes Everly is uncommon regardles of the spelling and thank god my dd is older so its not as i got the name from some else from the boards!!! how unoriginal lollol; I would feel embarassed!!!

Oh my goodness, Sally. Grow up, and I say that nicely! Cadence had that name in mind BEFORE you came into the forums, kicking and proclaiming that you named your daughter that so you didn't 'take it!' How DONT you feel embarrased, acting the way you are?! Who cares how old your daughter is? And whered did YOU get that name from?? How UNORIGINAL that you took a name you heard and used it. You see how unlogical it is to take that stand??? It'd be like me saying 'OMG! You call your daughter Evie, that's MY daughter's name! You're so unoriginal! My daughter was named that first!" But I don't because Evy/Evie is a gorgeous name/nickname. So strap on a pair, realize that you're acting immature and appreciate the fact that NOT only your daughter has that unusual name.

Done my rant.

#30 Guest_Evy_*

Guest_Evy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:56 PM

and sorry I dont feel flattered okay...........

Alright, so you don't feel flattered. Don't mean you have to make a spectacle of yourself. If you don't agree and feel flattered, then FINE. But don't go try to make every other Everly/Everleigh name out there unuseable.

#31 Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:05 PM

LOL by you keep replying maKes a spectacle of you too.......... it was just my opinion right or wrong but by you keep comenting makes you look bad....apparently thats what you are not realizing.......

#32 Cadence & Nathan

Cadence & Nathan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:43 PM

Actually I believe it's defense. She is trying to get it through YOUR thick skull. I don't think you realize how utterly ridiculous you sound. I'm really beginning to question how old you really are. You aren't acting the way a mature adult should be acting, which is sad on your part. Stop acting like a self-righteous jerk. If you don't want to contribute positively to this forum, then we don't want your presence. I'm sick of trying to put it the "nice way" because obviously the "nice way" isn't getting through to you. So either stop making snide remarks or leave. It's as simple as that.

#33 soccerisluv(:

soccerisluv(:

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:43 PM

Everly Rae would have been perfect!
But, Everleigh Ray is nice, too.
I agree with Evy and Cadence about the name bandwagon thing.

#34 Guest_erowyn_*

Guest_erowyn_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:54 PM

NO NAME IS EVERY GOING TO BE UNCOMMON UNLESS YOU MAKE IT UP YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!! what dont you get about that??? and seriously youre sitting here complaining about how unoriginal someone else is???? i dont see an original name in your childrens names yet. and im not trying to be mean but youre seriously going to get me there very shortly with your childish nonsense. how about feeling embarrassed for yourself not someone else, because youre the one who is acting the fool! and you act like your kid is 15 or something SHES 4! go back to the other board and see how POPULAR her name was WHEN YOU NAMED HER! youre just being stupid and perpetuating a fight because youre jealous that someone else in the world might like something you like too! i feel like were in kindergarten again and someone else took the last chocolate tootsie roll pop!

#35 soccerisluv(:

soccerisluv(:

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:56 PM

oops, i didn't see a second page...
I hope that, Cadence, you aren't upset for wanting to name your daughter Everly, cause i love it! Don't feel embaressed! Sally, you should be embaressed!

XoXo
Maggie**

#36 Guest_Evy_*

Guest_Evy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:00 PM

I feel like were in kindergarten again and someone else took the last chocolate tootsie roll pop!

I am a kindergarden teacher.... and even my students are not this immature.

Here's a scenario for you. One friend wanted her daughter to have a unique name... so she made one up. She came up with J'val.... 6 years later guess what? Someone had already named her child that!!

What I'm trying to say: Everleigh is NOT unique in the sense that there is only One. There are many Everleigh/Everly's. Deal. With. It. Otherwise, you'd be better off not saying anything because a lot of people do not like the way you are approaching this.

#37 kwatts

kwatts

Superstar Baby Namer

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:36 PM

Switching the topic a little:

My middle name was almost Everly (My parents named all their kids with KE initials). My parents kind of made it up at the time. They decided against it because they didn't like the flow and thought it would make my name just a tad too unique. Then, they found Elise and that stuck. So, that is how I got the name Kehliann Elise. :)

#38 Guest_erowyn_*

Guest_erowyn_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:22 PM

how do you prn kehliann is it like kay-lee-ann? i like your kids names btw i wish i could settle on a theme like that but it wont happen lol but i think its cute.

#39 Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:36 AM

I agree! Stop picking on Cadence an get over it!!!!! Seriously did you think that before you nobody else in the world named their daughter Everly/Everleigh? And Cadence and Nathan picked out the name before you came onto the boards

Seriously have you nothing better to do than comment on every single post/reply I make...........how desperate and sad for you.

#40 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:23 AM

Okay, Sally. YOU are commenting back. Or did you not realise?

Look, usually I would try not to get involved, but the people you are picking on have done nothing to you except tell you that your daughter is not the only one with the name Everleigh out there.

The girls are just trying to get you to realise that no name is "unique". I'm sure that there are lots of Everleigh/Everly's and I think that Cadence [and Nathan!] should be able to express their opinion and be able to call their children what they want, without you coming along with your innapropriate and frankly childish behaviour, and telling them that they shouldn't... and getting in a full blown strop.
I personally think it SHOULD be the other way around. YOU should be embarassed. You're a mother of three. Start acting like one, and stop picking on a 17 year old girl just because she's choosing the same name you chose 4 years ago. It doesnt make you sound mature, just jealous. Cadence picked out the name before you came on the boards. It had nothing to do with you or your daughter! And I think that you should respect everyone's opinions and choices. We're here to help people pick out baby names; not to start a war.
So, pretty please, get over yourself?

Back to the actual subject matter! I agree that Everly Rae would be a more feminine way to write it, but when said aloud it sounds the same so it's not too big a deal. I like it, but it's not my favourite. I prefer Evelyn!

And Kehli, Can I just say... I ADORE your name! [..And your children's names, as I'm sure I've said before.
Love the idea of using the same initials! It's a beautiful idea for a theme.

Now, I apologise for the earlier rant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users