Odd Nicknames

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_toribethh_*

Guest_toribethh_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:00 PM

Do you have any odd nicknames? How about your family?

Corky- My nn. at band. The 1st day of Band Camp we had to introduce ourselves and the drum major thought that I said my name was Corky so that's what everyone calls me know

Shorty- I'm only 5'1" and my cousins Maddie, Ally, Sarah and Cam are all 5'7" and above

We call my cousin Renee Frenchy because my Aunt Lise is French Canadian and she had 6 kids and the only one who looked French Candanian is Renee

My cousin Cam is nn. Puck because he lives and breathes Hockey and he was born just as the final buzzer rang when the Pittsburgh Penguins won their first Stanley Cup

#2 Lilah

Lilah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:25 PM

I have tons of nn's. My name is Delilah, and I have a huge family, and it seems like everyone calls me something different. My parents and most of the family call me Dee or Deedee. My closest cousin, Angie (fn is Angelita) calls me Deedee weedee tumble-eedee. I can't really remember how she came up with it, but it stuck ever since I was a baby. My friends all call me different names. Some call me shorty(im 4'11''), some call me Lilah, some call me DJ, and some call me Jesus (my last name is De Jesus). Me being in the military, everyone at work either calls me by my last name, or they call me Jesus.

My brothers name is Fernando. I call him either Fern or bro, but the rest of the family calls him tutus (when he was a baby, he used to love wearing my mom's shoes. he used to call them tutus, so the name stuck). We also call him Niko. My mom always wanted to name her son Nicholas, but since he was the first and only boy, my dad wanted a Jr. So my mom just started calling him Niko as a nn.

I have alot more unusual nicknames in the family, but it would take a whole page to write them all. Like I said, I have a very big family.

#3 Evy

Evy

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:57 PM

My mom and dad use the nickname Mouse for me. one halloween i dressed up as a grey mouse and i guess i wore that costume for about a month after. after that they kept telling me that i was as cute as a mouse.
My brother Noah's nickname is Nono. It was his first word and he kept saying no! everytime someone spoke.
Isobel's nickname is Izzy or Boo. Noah likes playing with her and she likes it when he throws a sheet over his head like a ghost and keeps going 'boooo'
my mom doesnt have a nickname and i use to think that my dad didn't either. but we met an ex girl friend of his from highschool and she kept calling him 'Bri-Bri'. it was kind of annoying.

#4 soccerisluv(:

soccerisluv(:

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:25 PM

My dad:
Uncle Moo Cow...I don't know why...hehe

My brother, Matt:
BeBe. It's a girl name, I know, but let me explain. When my brother was little, he was very Bratty. So, everyone called him the Big Brat. That got shortened to BeBe. Mostly he goes by Matt though.

Mattmoo because when I was little I couldn't say Matthew

Me:
Matt calls me Laura Ingalls. I loved Little House on the Prarie when I was younger.
My dad calls me Half Pint (Little House, again)
My friends call me Meg, Magoo, and just random stuff.

Mason:
I call him Mason usually, but when people want to make fun of him, call him Curly. He has really curly hair, which he hates. it's short, though, so you can barely tell how curly it is.

Kaity:
Moe

Connor:
Larry

Sometimes, Mason, Kaity and Connor get called Larry, Curly and Moe, just because we call Mason Curly!

#5 Guest_Evy_*

Guest_Evy_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:43 PM

i use to think that my dad didn't either. but we met an ex girl friend of his from highschool and she kept calling him 'Bri-Bri'. it was kind of annoying.

Wow. I can't believe you remember her. She wasn't really a girlfriend... She only dated your father for a week. ;)

#6 soccerisluv(:

soccerisluv(:

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:52 PM

lol, Evy...well, Zayda

#7 Guest_Evy_*

Guest_Evy_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:13 PM

;) Sorry, slightly off topic.

#8 Cadence & Nathan

Cadence & Nathan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:18 PM

Me: Shorty, KD (CD (my initials) didn't sound right so they switched it to KD), Pumpkin (my grandfather calls me that), Special K (instead of C they used a K), mommy (eventually), Cayence (by Nathan's nieces :unsure: )

Nathan: Nate, Daddy (eventually), Uncle Natey (his nieces)

Anya: Shy ( after Shiloh), Princess (by daddy & grandpa's), Angel (by grandma's), Annie (Nathan), BB (one of Nathan's friends...it stands for Beautiful Baby ;)
)

#9 Guest_erowyn_*

Guest_erowyn_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:54 PM

haha you guys will love this... my most commonly used nn is error.... it started because i was not a planned baby, then my mom screwed up the spelling of my name, then i am like the biggest clutz ever so as a toddler my uncle (who is more like a big brother to me being as i lived with my mom and grandparents till i was 12) started calling me his little Error and it stuck, Dan picked it up from one to many parties with my family and now his family calls me that too. i was Charlie Brown as a child (my mom) and so she calls Emery Snoopy, and she used to say ready freddy all the time and i always thought she was calling me fred flintstone so i called her barney which i still do. everyone in my family has silly nns too, so ill just list the best ones.

my mom is Madaw (maddog as dan calls her)
Emery is Monkey (usually followed by boy or man or face or butt anything monkey), and (i know this sounds mean but its out of love) Jerk Face.
Dan is Big Jerk (again pure love lol) and Yoda though i dont know why.
his brothers are twins and they are called Pookie and NayNay again no clue why.
my uncle danny is pickles mcgee lol he loved pickles when he was a kid and his dad started that, i added the mcgee when i was about 10 and it stuck
i think those are about the best ones though im probably forgetting someone much funnier

#10 Guest_~*Jacey*~_*

Guest_~*Jacey*~_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:11 PM

Friends and family always call me Stace... pretty much a given.
In High school I was called Tates a lot, it's a family nn (our last name is pronounced Tay-trow).

Jordie and I have a few...

He is: Bullseye (the night we met he got a bullseye playing darts), Wall-E (we LOVE the movie), Jord. I also call him babe and sweetie.
I am: Sparkle (apparently I sparkle?), Eva (Wall-E can't say Eve in the movie)

and both of us- Jacey (Jordie + Stacey)

#11 Filly

Filly

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:16 AM

I have so many nicknames, let me see if I can remember some of them: My real name is Katrina so....
Trina
Trin (Treen)
Kat (shudder)
Rina
Katie Bird (by my grandma)
Kit Kat
Katrinka
Katarina
K
Trinabean
Trinababe
Bean, Beaner
Beaner Bop
Swee'Pea (by my dad)
Frenchie
French Fry
French Dip
French Kiss
Frenchinator
Skeeter
(Wow, now that I think about it, I almost never get called by my actual name! LOL)

My brother is TJ so he is Teej or T or Tiny Tim (though he's huge). He's also called Bud, Buddy, and Bubby as well.

That's all I want to type right now.... ;)

#12 Guest_Feliciaxox_*

Guest_Feliciaxox_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:25 AM

OMG I have LOTS of nicknames like
Felly
Lecia like lee-sha
Fe
Lish
Fleas lol
Leas
Lee
Leah

also my Joshy bear calls me Snookie lolz and I call him Joshy bear and bear bear baby lolz. we are really in love.

#13 Guest_toribethh_*

Guest_toribethh_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:56 PM

My mom calls me Ice-T I'm not sure why

My dad calls me Kit yet again not sure why

My Grandpa calls my Gram Fred they started it when they were dating she calls him Talulah

We call my sister Duck because when she was 2 she loved to chase the ducks in our backyard and she would always yell "Duck Duck Duck Duck Duck" as she teroized(sp) them

Lots more

#14 soccerisluv(:

soccerisluv(:

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:03 PM

[well it appears someone told my Larry Curly Moe story, so I won't bother to retell. Hoever, my mother used to call me Mannson (manning's son) because it sounded like Mason, only after my father. Kaity sometimes gets Kaisha (kay-shu) and Connor gets to be called Con or Connonator

#15 Momo Cicerone

Momo Cicerone

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,022 posts
  • Interests:-Manga/Anime
    -Reality shows
    -Fanfiction (ages ago)
    -Books (Science fiction, Romance, Fantasy, Poetry, Adventure, Suspense, etc)
    -Shopping (shoes -watched too much Sex & the City)
    -Movies (and popcorn)
    -Surfing the internet
    -Video games (ages ago)
    -Dogs (Have an Alaskan Malamute named Zoe)
    -Karaoke (could stay all night long)
    -Drawing (ages ago, already lost my touch)

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:04 PM

When I was a child I was called Pepsi. Yeah, like the coke.

'cos it kinda rythmed with Deysi-Pepsi ~ childish stuff.

At office they call me D. But in Spanish, that is pn "Deh" I actually like it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users