Photo

Kitten Needs A Name

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Milo, Dexter &.... (13 member(s) have cast votes)

What should I name my new kitty?

1. Amelia (1 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Lola (8 votes [61.54%])

Percentage of vote: 61.54%

3. Ivy (4 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 D3sire

D3sire

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:06 PM

Tuesday night I found a stray kitten hiding under a pillar at school. It took me 4 hours to get her out but I did and she is now safe and sound. I was calling her York/Yorkie at first as I found her at York University but today the vet confirmed that she is in fact a she and York feels masculine.

My other two cats are Milo & Dexter and I want a name that 'flows' with theirs. Here are a few I am considering.

Top three contenders:

Milo, Dexter & Amelia - My moms favorite. Amelia is on my long list of baby names but not something I would use on a human baby so it has kitten potential.
Milo, Dexter & Lola - I love Lola and always wanted to use it on a pet but is it too close to Milo? This is my bf's favorite.
Milo, Dexter & Ivy - Ivy is also on my human list but I can't use anything with an 'ee' ending with my bf's (future father of my potential children) last name. It also happens to be my great grandmothers name who I never met. Would that be weird?

Of the three Ivy is my overall favorite and would be something I would use on a human baby if it sounded ok with the bf's last name. Lola feels the most "pettish" to me and I always thought it would make a cute cat/dog name. I like Amelia and I think it sounds good with Milo & Dexter and is not in the running for possible human babies.

So which one??

She is all black with big blue eyes btw.

#2 Lilah

Lilah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:33 AM

Lola would be my choice. I love Ivy for a baby, so that wouldn't be my first choice for a pet. But if it's definite that you can't name a child Ivy, then use it since you love it.

#3 ~Nadezhda

~Nadezhda

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:52 AM

I'd choose Lola for a pet, because I adore Ivy for a baby.
If you are certain you won't use it, Ivy is my second pick :)

#4 D3sire

D3sire

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:49 PM

Thanks we went with Lola. It is a little close to Milo but it is easy to say and I think she looks like a Lola.

#5 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:49 PM

Lola is a great name! I feel like it's kind of like Stella...I'm not a fan of them for people, but they make great pet names!

#6 D3sire

D3sire

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:53 PM

Lola is a great name! I feel like it's kind of like Stella...I'm not a fan of them for people, but they make great pet names!

I think so too!

I actually considered Stella for her but nobody else liked it :) Oh well! She makes a cute little Lola and I get to sing the Kinks song 'Lola' to her :)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users