Photo

I really need some ideas.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Baby Name Genie

Baby Name Genie

Baby Name Genie

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:49 AM

Name: Kim

Hi! I really need some ideas. For girls names I love Kayla, Kaylee and Laihla. Unfortunately, when I put these names together, say Kayla Laihla, it really doesn't go at all. It's particularly difficult because hubby has a Portuguese surname. So I thought of Kayla Gracie Goncalves or Kayla Gabrielle Goncalves (which I don't really like Gabrielle as much) do you have any other ideas for middle names??? Boys names are proving difficult we like Nathan and Conner ... so does Nathan Conner Goncalves sound good or Nathan Ferreira Goncalves???

#2 Smile

Smile

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:22 AM

I think Nathan Conner Goncalves soundss great! A really handsome name.
I see your problem with Kayla, Kaylee, and Laihla. I think Laihla is too complicated of a spelling anyways though. I don't really like Gracie or Grace for that matter. I too am not a fan of Gabrielle, but it doesn't sound bad, but if you don't like it don't use it. I Like Kayla Danielle. Kayla Vanessa. Kayla Veronica. Kayla Chantelle.

#3 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:23 AM

I'm not a big fan of Kayla, but I think Laihla is gorgeous. (You are pronouncing it LAY-la, right?)
Laihla Morgan Goncalves
Laihla Tatiana Goncalves
Laihla Renee Goncalves
Laihla Sophia Goncalves or Laihla Sophie Goncalves (I can't decide which one is better, so I'll offer both)

Nathan Connor Goncalves is nice.
Nathan Ryland Goncalves would be another great option.

#4 Pistachio

Pistachio

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:57 AM

Agree with scarlet 520 that Kayla is really not a name that I like, and I love the middle name Sophia with it. Also agree with smile that the Laihla spelling is too complicated. It seems a very odd spelling to me, but if you are pronouncing it LAY lah, I love the sound of it. Spellings that seem more "normal" to me:

Leila Sophia
Leilah Sophia
Leyla Sophia
Layla Sophia

I also don't care for Gracie or Gabrielle, but if you really want a "G" middle name then maybe:
Gabriella
Giselle/Gisella
Genevieve (You could also use the French pronunciation which is like jon vee ev with the "G" actually sounding more like in the word "genre," or the sound of the "z" in the color "azure."
Giulianna (Italian "Julianna" and you could pronounce like in English, or the Italian is more like gee-oo lee ahn ah, but they say it fast so it sounds very similar.)

Both Nathan Conner Goncalves and Nathan Ferreira Goncalves sound fine. Nathan Ferreira Goncalves sounds a little more like a future CEO name, though. You could always name him Nathan Connor Ferreira Goncalves!

#5 buttechick93

buttechick93

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:13 PM

Kaila is a cuter spelling and it could be Kaila Lynn
Cailee is a cuter spelling and it could be Cailee Nicole
Layla will be easier to write and it could be Layla Alexandria

Gavin Alexander is my favorite boy name and it will sound good with your last name.
Micah Allen is also good.

#6 iamSAMiam

iamSAMiam

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:48 AM

Here's some suggestions...

Lyla Goncalves
Lydia Goncalves
Lorena Goncalves