28 replies to this topic

#21 Heather Leigh

Heather Leigh

Superstar Baby Namer

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:25 AM

We have a dog named "Mingus" after the jazz musician, Charles Mingus. My husband adopted him when he was single and originally named him "Mowgli" because he loved the Jungle Book, but when he would take him to the park and call him, everyone thought he was saying "Ugly" and asked him "Why did you name your dog that?". I always tell him that I'm glad he changed his name to Mingus.

That poor kid. I feel sorry for him.

#22 Jessica J

Jessica J

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:Worship, singing, writing songs, being with friends and loved ones, reading, and watching movies.

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:33 AM

My hubby used to live in the Bronx and to be fair... there are good parts and bad parts (mostly bad). I dont think that Bronx is a bad name necessarily but it doesnt sound right with their sur name. As for Mowgli... maybe they like the sound or maybe it has a special meaning to them. Anyone know what it means? I am sure that it was a real name before Jungle Book and I think that its unfair to say that people shouldnt name their children something just because they can relate it to something else. Hope the kid doesnt totally hate his name but other than that...who cares?

#23 Guest_Evy_*

Guest_Evy_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:17 PM

My hubby used to live in the Bronx and to be fair... there are good parts and bad parts (mostly bad). I dont think that Bronx is a bad name necessarily but it doesnt sound right with their sur name. As for Mowgli... maybe they like the sound or maybe it has a special meaning to them. Anyone know what it means? I am sure that it was a real name before Jungle Book and I think that its unfair to say that people shouldnt name their children something just because they can relate it to something else. Hope the kid doesnt totally hate his name but other than that...who cares?

The author of the Jungle Book made up the names, I believe...

#24 soccerisluv(:

soccerisluv(:

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:56 PM

Bronx Mowgli?
Wow, just wow.
Bronx is tolerable, I suppose.
Mowgli is just dreadful!
BMW is not cute to me at all. I would have hated that.

#25 kwatts

kwatts

Superstar Baby Namer

• Senior Members
  • 736 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:00 AM

In the spirit of Bronx's first birthday, I thought I'd resurrect this thread.

The name is up there on the strangest names list, but I've grown a soft spot for Bronx. I'm not a big fan of either of his parents, yet I always look for pictures of him. Bronx is adorable. I love chubby babies, and he fits the bill. I heard somewhere that Ashlee said he weighs 26 pounds or somethig like that.

But he is 26 pounds of adorableness.

Posted Image

#26 Guest_Zayda_*

Guest_Zayda_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:03 PM

Does it make sense when I say "he has a very grown up face?"

#27 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:42 PM

Mm. Bronx? Tolerable. Mowgli? REALLY?
Definitely should be up on that list.

I'd have personally done Benjamin Miles or Blake Maximilian.
But like Alexis said, Peter Louis Wentz IV would have been PERFECT.

And yeah, Zoofa, it does!

#28 -TebowTime-

-TebowTime-

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:44 PM

I love Brox but Bronx don't quite roll of your tongue. BMW are awesome initials! If I were to name him, I probably would have gone with

Benjamin Malachi

#29 AviSanders

AviSanders

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:18 PM

Okay.... don't hate me, but the name Bronx Mowgli Wentz has grown on me. I'm a huge Fall Out Boy and Black Cards fan and I'll admit, I pretty much internet stalk Pete Wentz. I, at first, had a good laugh over the name with my sister, but now I think it's just so cute. Bronx sounds kind of tough, but Mowgli kind of softens it out.

Also. Bronx wasn't named after the neighborhood, he was named after the band The Bronx. Mowgli was the character from The Jungle Book. Bronx was Pete's idea and Mowgli was Ashlee's idea. Maybe I know too much about this, but honestly, I think it's a cute name. We can go beat up the Moxie Crimefighter guy, but I say Pete and Ashlee could have done much worse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users