I'm new!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Drtysmuggler

Drtysmuggler

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Cooking Gormet Meals for Friends and Family,TV Shows(Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Dexter, SOA), Going to the Movies (Hunger Games, Great Gatsby, American History X), Playing Softball, Going on vacations, Road trips

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

Hello there everyone!

I'm Angela and I live in Alberta (Canada) with my DH Steve and DD Quinlyn (3.5). We also have a cat named kitty Kincaid.

We have just found out that we are finally expecting our second child! Coming up with a name to compliment our first born has so far proven to be a challenge for us.

DH is still quite traditional where I am on the more adventurous side. We are hoping to find some inspiration on the forums and look forward to trying out some fun combinations!

So far my favs list:

Girls:
Crimson
Ellington
Emerson
Elliston
Manhattan
Harlequin

Boys:
Ozekiel
Hendrix
Kingston
Vaughn
Hawken
Roxley
Roxavier
Morrison
Ganix
Crosby
Jericho
Elliston

#2 Drtysmuggler

Drtysmuggler

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Cooking Gormet Meals for Friends and Family,TV Shows(Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Dexter, SOA), Going to the Movies (Hunger Games, Great Gatsby, American History X), Playing Softball, Going on vacations, Road trips

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:05 PM

A litte more to help...

LN: Fisette

DH: Steven Dale

DW: Angela Monica

DD: Quinlyn Michelle nn. Quinny or Q

I like first names that can be broken up into nicknames and we chose Quinlyn because she could choose to go by Quin, Quinny, Lynn or Quinlyn

Middle names we like to be more traditional or mainstream so that if our child decides that they don't like their first name they can revert to the middle name.

Of my suggestions outlined above, my DH has only slightly liked the name Jericho. His suggestion so far has only been Brandon (which I think we could use more as a middle name).

DH did suggest Sullivan last night which I do like as well.

I am open to any ideas or suggestions! Really feeling the pressure this time around to come up with a second child's name that is both complementory to our daughter's name and still fun and unique!

#3 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:02 PM

My cousin Viv suggested Oberon, it honors your grandmother by meaning (king of the fairies). It has nickname options like Obi / Obie, Oron, and Ron, as well as loosely fitting ones like Bear (oBERon). It is unique, but not overly so, and it is very handsome. Maybe Oberon Kyle, Oberon Jude, Oberon Wesley, Oberon Jack, or Oberon Cole.

You said you like Orin, correct? Orin Hawk would be handsome, or Orin Ezekial. 

#4 MommaMeg

MommaMeg

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:I love....Reading, Napping in a Hammock, Playing with Nora, making Wyatt laugh, Walking my dogs, Singing, Watching Movies, Running, Wearing Sunglasses, Walking barefoot on soft grass, making my husband laugh, remembering good things that have happened in my life, writing short stories, thinking up baby names...

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:37 PM

Hello there! Quinnlyn is a cute name :)

I like these from your list:

Girls: 
Crimson
Ellington
Emerson

Boys: 
Hendrix
Kingston
Vaughn
Morrison
Crosby
Jericho

I LOVE Sullivan, and I think it goes great with Quinnlyn. 

Harlequin would be my least favorite, because it makes me think of creepy romance novels. Sorry. 

#5 MommaMeg

MommaMeg

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:I love....Reading, Napping in a Hammock, Playing with Nora, making Wyatt laugh, Walking my dogs, Singing, Watching Movies, Running, Wearing Sunglasses, Walking barefoot on soft grass, making my husband laugh, remembering good things that have happened in my life, writing short stories, thinking up baby names...

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:39 PM

I also must compliment you on your fantastic taste in TV shows and books! I love all the same ones you mention! 

#6 PaigeA

PaigeA

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:21 AM

Out of your list I really like Emerson for a girl and Elliston & Sullivan for a boy. Seeing as you like them broken down into nicknames you can use Em/Emme/Emery for Emerson and Ellis/Elli for Elliston or Sully/Van/Sull for Sullivan.

Some ideas for middle names:

Emerson Grace

Emerson Rose

Emerson Jade

Emerson Louise

Emerson Mae

Emerson Charlotte

Emerson Lily

Emerson Brooke

Emerson Maisie

Emerson Noelle

Emerson Nicole

Sullivan David

Sullivan Daniel

Sullivan Carl

Sullivan Edward

Sullivan Noah

Sullivan Lucas

Sullivan Alexander

Elliston Blake

Elliston Connor

Elliston Matthew

Elliston Reece

Elliston Wyatt

Elliston Thomas

Elliston Andrew

Elliston Robert

Good luck, hope this gives you some ideas :) 

• cati1012 likes this

#7 Drtysmuggler

Drtysmuggler

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

Wow! Fantastic Lists and Ideas!!!

Mommameg: I agree about Harelquin - and thats exactly what my DH thought when I suggested it to him lol And thanks for the love on books and TV/Movies ;-)

PaigeA: you have helped so much! Thank you for all of your ideas

Definately narrowed down my favs

Now to get DH convinced...lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users