#1 Elena Mae

Elena Mae

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Interests:writing, poetry, classical and ancient history, photography

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

I've been planning this story for the past few days, just to make sure I don't get myself too confused as I write. The only thing is, there are a lot of characters. Naming them has been pretty tough. Most of them are background, and could be changed easily, or probably won't be involved very much for a while, but a few need some work.

I need two girls names still; one for someone who is always in on the action, and is rather tough looking and acting, and the other for someone who never really wants to be in the thick of it, and would rather sit out. In other words, I need a rebellious sounding name, and a more quiet one.

I also need a name for two boys. The first is rather complicated: his personality isn't quite worked out yet. All I know is he can't fit into the role he's been given, and has a rather short temper. The second boy needs a name that when you hear you feel some level of trust towards. This is vital, because he's the complete opposite, and the main character has to fall for whatever trick he throws at her.

Any help is appreciated!

NAMES ALREADY USED; Constance nn. Connie, Natalia, Brandon, Lucinda / Lucy nn. Lucky, Malcolm, Adam, Axel

#2 heimarmene

heimarmene

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

Hmm.

I'd call the rebellious girl something like Sarah nn Sadie - it could be that one of the reasons she's a ''tough girl'' is that she felt her given name, Sarah, made her feel wimpy, so she took up a bad-girl nickname and transformed herself.

The shyer girl I'd call Cora, though that might be too close to Constance nn Connie for you. You could also give her an uber-popular name that she likes because it helps her blend in to a sea of Olivias/Catherines/Sophias/etc.

For the rebellious dude, the name Alec comes to mind, although again that may be too close to Adam & Axel - too many A names. Rikers is a notorious New York prison; spelled Ryker, it's a subtle connection. Maybe as a child, a close relative was sent off to prison?

And last but not least, the trustworthy dude. It's probably best to give him a solid, classic name like Alexander or Nicholas - something that's been around for a while and says dependable.

Good luck! :)

#3 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

I need two girls names still; one for someone who is always in on the action, and is rather tough looking and acting, and the other for someone who never really wants to be in the thick of it, and would rather sit out. In other words, I need a rebellious sounding name, and a more quiet one.

Rebellious girl: Rebecca nn Bex, Charlotte nn Charlie, Harriet nn Harry, Beckett nn Beck/Bex
Quiet girl: Charlotte nn Lottie, Isobel nn Izzy/Bel, Kathryn nn Katy/Kate, Amelia nn Amy/Melia/Mia, Sofia

I also need a name for two boys. The first is rather complicated: his personality isn't quite worked out yet. All I know is he can't fit into the role he's been given, and has a rather short temper. The second boy needs a name that when you hear you feel some level of trust towards. This is vital, because he's the complete opposite, and the main character has to fall for whatever trick he throws at her.

First: Alexander nn Alex/Xander, Ethan, Henry, Jonathan nn John/Johnny/Nathan/Nate/Nat/Joe/Joey, Edward nn Eddy/Ed, Samuel nn Sam/Sammy
Secong: Christopher nn Chris/Topher, Andrew nn Andy/Drew, Finley nn Finn/Lee, William nn Will/Liam, Nicholas nn Nick/Nicky

Hope I helped and I captured the personalities in the names.

~Hannah~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users