Photo

Need Help Deciding Names, I Can Help (Rate/Feedback)

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 CateNZ

CateNZ

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my daughter Emily.

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:07 PM

Having trouble deciding between certain names or just what opinions on your favourite names you're in luck. I can help you by giving your names a personal rating based on their style and flow, as well as constructive feedback on style, flow, meaning, etc. Feel free to list just first names or first and middle name combos, list up to 5 names for either one or both genders and I will do my best to give you an honest opinion. List away

#2 Guest_Alyse_*

Guest_Alyse_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:33 PM

Awesome!

Annelise Jane (AJ)
Sloane
Saylor Grace
Vivienne Paige
Cara

Lincoln
Alexander
Tate
Henry
Peter Jack

:)

#3 HxppySxng

HxppySxng

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts
  • Interests:Planners, piercings, Witchcraft, Netflix, & baking.

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:39 PM

Girls:

Lux Madeleine

Gemma Sloane

Tara (or Terra) Jacqueline

Marissa Juliet

Aaliyah Hollis

Boys:

Noah Owen (jr.?)

Jacob Lucas

Andrew Seth

Ethan Troye

Austin Cole

#4 neverland

neverland

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:35 AM

How about:

Sabrina Wren

Thanks!

#5 CateNZ

CateNZ

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:58 AM

Awesome!

Annelise Jane (AJ)
Sloane
Saylor Grace
Vivienne Paige
Cara

Lincoln
Alexander
Tate
Henry
Peter Jack

Annelise - Is a very pretty name that will age well and has a beautiful meaning. I give it an 9/10.

Jane - Is a little plain but it is a beautiful classic that never gets 'old'. I give it an 8/10.

Annelise Jane - Is a gorgeous name combo, it has an uncommon first name (I've never meet anyone with this name) but is balanced out with a more common classic middle name. On its own Jane is a little plain but when paired with a name like Annelise it makes it stand out a bit more, also I'm loving the nickname AJ. I give this name set a 9/10.

Sloane - I'm not a huge fan of this name and much prefer Simone. It doesn't feel very attractive to me, but I do feel that paired with a more feminine middle name it will make it more appealing. I don't care much for the name but I do love its meaning Warrior/Fighter, so I give it a 6/10

Saylor - I personally wouldn't use this name myself and normally I prefer the spelling Sailor but used as a first name Saylor is the better option (there is potential for teasing due to Sailor Moon). However this spelling for a girl is actually quite nice and is much better than the overused Taylor. I give it a 7/10.

Grace - Is a beautiful name that has great meaning but its starting to lose its appeal since its quite often used as a filler. I personally wouldn't use it myself (I actually have 2 cousins with this as a middle, both from opposite sides of the family), as I think there are far more beautiful virtue names that aren't used as fillers. I give it a 7/10.

Saylor Grace - Is a beautiful name combo and is well balanced with the use of both an uncommon and common name. I give it a 7/10.

Vivienne - I'm not a huge fan of  this name (some of my dislike is due to the mean girl in Legally Blonde) but it is a pretty name for a girl and I do like this spelling better, it also has the meaning Alive. I give it a 7/10.

Paige - This name is considered plain and it is if not paired with the right name. Despite its plainness I love this name, its pretty and yet strong (hopefully that makes sense). I give it an 8/10

Vivienne Paige - Normally I don't like Vivienne but I'm loving it with Paige. It has beautiful and as a nice flow, it will also age well. I give it a 9/10.

Cara - I wouldn't use this name myself but I love it spelled both Cara and Kara. I love how it mean Friend in Gaelic and Beloved in Latin, these give it the meaning beloved friend which I love and think is very sweet. Cara is a good beautiful strong name that will age well. I give it a 9/10.

Lincoln -  I'm not a huge fan of this name but I do like its connection to Abraham Lincoln. I give it a 7/10.

Alexander - To be honest this is a tough one for as strange as it is I both like and dislike this name. Like - I think it goes well as both a first and middle name and has many nickname opportunities. It also has it's connection to Alexander the Great and is very handsome, and it will age well. Dislike - It's starting to become a filler type middle name and is very popular. I wouldn't use it myself but if its a family name it would make it perfect despite its popularity. I give it an 8/10.

Tate - I don't really like this name and wouldn't use it. I feel like its more of a nickname then an actual name, if it was used as a nickname for something else it would be a little more appealing. I give it a  5/10.

Henry - I love this name as both a first and middle name. It's elegant, handsome and ages well. I give it a 9/10.

Peter - I'm not the hugest fan of this name (even though its my grandfather's) but I do love the history and origin of this name, it has a great background and has the meaning Stone (this may not be true but to me it represents strength). It is a little dated but has the great nickname of Pete which makes it a little more modern. I give it a 7/10.

Jack - I'm not the hugest fan of Jack either. However I do like its meaning of god is gracious and I do prefer it to Jackson. Jack is a handsome name that will age well. I give it a 7/10.

Peter Jack - This name combo flows well enough but it also depends on the last name. As you can see it's very close to Peter Jackson and if you're not a fan of his this combo may make things a little awkward unless it has a special meaning to you. I give it a 7/10.

I hope I've been constructive enough without being too harsh and have helped in some way.

#6 CateNZ

CateNZ

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

Girls:

Lux Madeleine

Gemma Sloane

Tara (or Terra) Jacqueline

Marissa Juliet

Aaliyah Hollis

Boys:

Noah Owen (jr.?)

Jacob Lucas

Andrew Seth

Ethan Troye

Austin Cole

Lux - Not a fan of this as a first name but maybe another name (can't think of any at the moment) with the nickname Lux, that way Lux can still be used but also a more sophisticated name if needed, I give it a 5/10.

Madeleine - I personally wouldn't use it myself but it is a beautiful name that will age well, and has a french origin with the meaning woman from Magdala or higher tower. I give it an 8/10.

Lux Madeleine - It has an ok flow, both names do flow well together but it doesn't look balanced. It looks off center with such a short first name and long middle name. I give it a 7/10.

Gemma - It's a pretty name and reminds me of gems. It is also a much more beautiful name compared to Genna/Jenna, it also has the gorgeous meaning of precious stones. I give it a 7/10.  

Sloane - I'm not a huge fan of this name and much prefer Simone. It doesn't feel very attractive to me, but I do feel that paired with a more feminine middle name it will make it more appealing. I don't care much for the name but I do love its meaning Warrior/Fighter, so I give it a 6/10.

Gemma Sloane - This name set is relatively balanced with a girly name like Gemma and the stronger (I can't think of the right word here) Sloane. Both names flow well together, I do however think Gemma Simone sounds and flows much better, but Sloane goes just as well. I give it an 8/10.

Tara - Its a nice pretty simple name with a bit of an edge. It reminds me of the girl from Buffy, which to me at least, gives it more appeal. I give it an 8/10.

Terra - I don't really like this name as I think terror or terrible, it also reminds me of the girl on Teen Titans. I give it a 6/10.

Jacqueline - I love this name as its beautiful but not very popular (it is also my middle name). I give it a 9/10.

Tara Jacqueline - I love this name set,  its not exactly balanced but it doesn't matter too much since both names flow very well together. I give it a 10/10.

Marissa - Is a beautiful name that will age well, although I prefer Melissa but Marissa is a more edgy version (it also means of the sea). I give it a 7/10.

Juliet - I love this name as it is beautiful, sophisticated and who doesn't love the connection to Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Juliet also happens to mean youthful so of course it will age well and it is still an old time classic. I give it a 9/10.

Marissa Juliet - Is a gorgeous name set that is well balanced, timeless with an edge and will age well. I give t a 10/10.

Aaliyah - I wouldn't use this name myself but I do really like it. Its beautiful but not too popular, it also has the meaning of ascender and high exalted one. I give it a 9/10.

Hollis - I really don't like this name, I prefer Holly/Hollie. It doesn't seem very attractive to me but I do like its meaning of Lives/Dweller by the holly trees. I give it a 6/10.

Aaliyah Hollis - This name set sounds more like a first and last name rather than a first and middle name. I give to a 7/10.

Noah - I don't really like this name, I forever think of Noah's ark. The reason I don't like it is because people are using it on both boys and girls even though I think it will always be a boys name. Despite it becoming unisex it is a nice enough name for a boy and it does age well. I give it a 7/10.

Owen - I don't really care for this name (it doesn't help when the bad guy on Being Human shares the name). However I do really like its meaning young warrior, well born or noble. I give it a 7/10.

Noah Owen - Despite not liking either names I do like this name set. Both names sound and flow well together, and are well balanced. I give it an 8/10.

In reference to it being used as a junior I wouldn't use it, I'd use either Noah or Owen as either first or middle names to honour dad. To me each child should have his/her own name not entirely someone elses no matter the reason, if you were to use Noah as a first name and gave him a completely different middle name he'd still be a junior but with his own identity. 

Jacob - I don't know why but I really don't like this name, this just something about it that puts me off. As far as names go it is nice enough for a boy that has been used throughout time  so it will age well. I give it a 7/10.

Lucas - I actually like this name, its is much more handsome than Luca. It is of Latin origin and means light/illumination. I give it an 8/10.

Jacob Lucas - This is actually a nice name set that sounds and flows well together, it is also well balanced. It does have a bit of a repeat with Jac/Luc but it doesn't take anything away from the name set. I give it a 9/10.

Andrew - I love this name as its very handsome and has the meaning manly/strong (it is also my brothers name). It is an old time classic that will age well, I give it a 9/10.

Seth - I'm not the hugest fan of this name but it is slowly growing on me. The name Seth always reminds me of the Egyptian god and for some reason snakes. Despite that it is a strong simple yet edge (if that makes sense) name that ages well. I give it a 7/10.

Andrew Seth - I feel that this name set is well balanced through old and modern style names that will age very well. Since Andrew means strong and Seth means appointed one I feel that used together (I really don't know how to word this so forgive me) they well give the feeling of someone who is strong minded and is a natural born leader, and will lead to many great things. I give it a 9/10.

Ethan - I wouldn't use it myself but I really like this name. Its a strong and handsome name that is timeless and will age well. I give it an 8/10.

Troye - I like this name spelled Troy only. I'm not sure if its meant to be spelled that way or a typo but either way it doesn't look very attractive. I give it a 6/10.

Ethan Troye - I really like this name set as it is well balance and sounds and flows well. However I would spell it Ethan Troy as this makes it more handsome and appealing. I give it an 8/10.

Austin - Out of all the boy name places this is one of my favourites. Its a nice handsome name with a hint of country. I give it an 8/10.

Cole - I have a love/hate relationship with this name (mainly due to Cole from Charmed). However it is a nice simple name that isn't used a million times over and is a little edgy. I give it an 8/10.

Austin Cole - This is a nice handsome name set that is simple but edgy and will age well. I give it a 9/10.

I hope I've been constructive enough without being too harsh and have helped in some way.

#7 JCBryan

JCBryan

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:25 PM

Last name is Bryan...

Vivian Ann Elise
Vivienne Jo
Vivalie Jo
Ella Jo
Ella ?

Brody Cash
Brody Madden
Brody Heston
Heston Cash

#8 HaydensMama18

HaydensMama18

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,253 posts
  • Interests:My son, baby naming, singing, dancing, helping others

Obsessed with WWE & TNA

Favorite viners & youtubers: The Gabbie Show, Liza Koshy & Joe Santagato & Shane

My favorite actors are Grace Phipps & Garrett Clayton

Current favorite songs: Anything by Little Mix, Ariana Grande-Boyfriend Material & Anything by Bruno Mars

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:26 PM

Girls:

Rowan Eve Serenity *Row*
Ashley-Janae Marilyn *AJ*
Kaelyn Gabrielle Hunter *Kae*
Audrey Layla Michelle
Aaliyah-Janelle Madison *AJ*

&

Boys:

Hayden Brook Michael
Kellin James Nicholas
Andrew Nathaniel Adam *Andy*
Rowan Seth Nicholas *Row*
Austin James Ambrose *Aussie*

#9 CateNZ

CateNZ

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

How about:

Sabrina Wren

Thanks!

Sabrina - I love this name, its so beautiful and you don't hear it very often. It has that certain spark to it, it's girly but not to girly and it means from the River Severn (Sabrina, the goddess of the River Severn in Celtic Mythology). I give it a 10/10.

Wren - I don't really like this name, every time I see it I think of 'when' and it doesn't feel that attractive to me, it is also becoming quite popular on boys. However it does of a nice meaning and background, its known as an English lilting songbird name and was regarded in Ireland as 'magician of the birds' and the Druids considered it a bird of prophecy. I give it a 7/10.

Sabrina Wren - Despite loving Sabrina and disliking Wren I do think they go quite well together. The names balance each other out and make for both a beautiful names set through sound and flow as well as meaning. I give it a 9/10.

#10 Mikaela Lewis

Mikaela Lewis

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

Vera Grayce

Lila Prudence

Ella Elisabeth

Lilia

Any suggestions for a middle name for Lilia? Looking for something really gorgeous! :wub:

Asher Ezekiel

Ronan Michael

Jackson Gray

Breccan

Rafe

Middle name suggestions for Breccan and Rafe?

#11 KatKray

KatKray

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:40 PM

Phoebe Hera Elizabeth
Brennan Michael Lukas
Ophelia Niamh Sinead
Ezekiel ("Easy") Francis Benedict
Margaux Annie Matilde

#12 CateNZ

CateNZ

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 11:11 PM

Last name is Bryan...

Vivian Ann Elise
Vivienne Jo
Vivalie Jo
Ella Jo
Ella ?

Brody Cash
Brody Madden
Brody Heston
Heston Cash

Vivian – I'm not a huge fan of this name (some of my dislike is due to the mean girl in Legally Blonde) but it is a pretty name for a girl. I also think it looks much prettier spelled Vivienne, it also has the meaning Alive. I give it a 6/10.

Ann – I’m not a huge fan of this name but I do think it’s a nice enough name if it has a special meaning to you (It’s becoming a middle name filler), I also think it looks nicer spelled Anne. It’s simple and plain and doesn’t stand out very well, but it does have the meaning Eagle. I give it a 7/10.

Elise – I quite like this name and think it’s very cute and pretty that will age well. This is one of the few names that I prefer the alternative spelling, Elyse, although both spellings are beautiful. It also means god is gracious (it has the same meaning as Elizabeth). I give it an 8/10 

Vivian Ann Elise – Normally I like double middle names but I don’t think this one flows well with your last name, just Vivian Elise Bryan works wonderfully. Although I think Vivienne Elise Bryan looks more elegant and feminine. I give it a 7/10 (if it was just Vivian/Vivienne Elise I’d give it a 9/10).

Vivienne – I'm not a huge fan of this name (some of my dislike is due to the mean girl in Legally Blonde) but it is a pretty name for a girl and I do like this spelling better, it also has the meaning Alive. I give it a 7/10.

Jo – Honestly I’m not too sure what to think of this name as I like it but only as a nickname for Joanna or Joanne. I give it a 6/10.

Vivienne Jo – It’s a nice combination but I still feel that just Jo is more of a nickname and would be better as Vivienne Joanna, Vivienne Joanne, Vivienne Joy, etc. I give it a 7/10.

Vivalie – Not a huge fan of this name, it also has that made up feel to it. I give it a 6/10.

Jo – Honestly I’m not too sure what to think of this name as I like it but only as a nickname for Joanna or Joanne. I give it a 6/10.

Vivalie Jo – It does have a certain ring to it, but again Vivalie Joanne, etc would sound and flow better. I give it a 6/10.

Ella – I love this name, it’s so simple yet very pretty and will age well. I give it a 9/10.

Ella Jo – Ella is such a pretty name but this combination makes it look and feel like just a double first name instead of a first and middle name. I give it a 7/10.

Brody – I’m not a huge fan and wouldn’t use it myself but it does have a strong and handsome feel to it. I give it an 8/10.

Cash – To me this name only really worked for Johnny Cash. I think Nash or even Dash are better than Cash as names (I still don’t like either of them). I give it a 6/10.

Brody Cash – I’m not a fan of this combination but there’s just something about it that works, it has that country feel to it. I give it a 7/10.

Brody – I’m not a huge fan and wouldn’t use it myself but it does have a strong and handsome feel to it. I give it an 8/10.

Madden – I’m not a huge fan of this name either, it sounds and feels too feminine for a boy. I give it a 6/10.

Brody Madden – Honestly I’m not sure what to think of this combination. Brody Madden paired with your last name does go well, but it still has that feminine feel. Perhaps another ‘M’ middle name would work better. I give it a 7/10.

Brody – I’m not a huge fan and wouldn't use it myself but it does have a strong and handsome feel to it. I give it an 8/10.

Heston – Again not a huge fan of this name but it does have a masculine feel to it. It feels very country and gives the same feelings/vibes that Austin, Huston and Hudson give. I give it an 8/10.  

Brody Heston – Despite not being a fan of either names I actually like this combination and think they work well together. I give it a 9/10.

Heston – Again not a huge fan of this name but it does have a masculine feel to it. It feels very country and gives the same feelings/vibes that Austin, Huston and Hudson give. I give it an 8/10. 

Cash – To me this name only really worked for Johnny Cash. I think Nash or even Dash are better than Cash as names (I still don’t like either of them). I give it a 6/10.

Heston Cash – To me this combination feels too hillbilly. They names do flow well together but they feel a bit of an overkill. I give it a 7/10.

#13 CateNZ

CateNZ

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:57 PM

Girls:

Rowan Eve Serenity *Row*
Ashley-Janae Marilyn *AJ*
Kaelyn Gabrielle Hunter *Kae*
Audrey Layla Michelle
Aaliyah-Janelle Madison *AJ*

&

Boys:

Hayden Brook Michael
Kellin James Nicholas
Andrew Nathaniel Adam *Andy*
Rowan Seth Nicholas *Row*
Austin James Ambrose *Aussie*

Rowan (Row) – I don’t like this name on a boy (I prefer Ronan) let alone for a girl, it’s too masculine. I give it a 6/10.

Eve – I love this name as it’s very pretty and simple with a beautiful feeling to it. I give it a 9/10.

Serenity – This is one of my favourite virtue names. If used as a first name the equally beautiful nickname Serena can also be used. Serenity is so beautiful and is not overused which adds to its appeal. I give it a 10/10.

Rowan Eve Serenity – Despite not liking Rowan at all I do feel that all 3 names go very well together. However I do feel that Rowan Serenity Eve sounds and flows better. I give it an 8/10.

Ashley-Janae (AJ) – I really like the name Ashley (I love it more spelled Ashleigh) and think it’s a beautiful name. I’m not a fan of Janae or the double first name, I do however like the nickname AJ. Perhaps just use Ashley as the first name and Janae (or another ‘J’ name) as the middle name (or double middle name). I give it an 8/10.

Marilyn – I don’t normally like this name as every time I hear it I think of Marilyn Manson. It also feels a little dated, like an old lady would have. It does however have the nice connection to Marilyn Monroe. I give it a 7/10.

Ashley-Janae Marilyn – Ashley Marilyn sounds and flows better than Ashley-Janae Marilyn unless I’m pronouncing Janae wrong than it does actually sound ok. I still feel that Ashley is better on its own and to use Janae Marilyn as the middle name (double middle name). I give it an 8/10.

Kaelyn (Kae) – I wouldn’t use this name myself but I really like it as I find it very beautiful and will age well. The only trouble is there are so many variations of its spelling, I myself have trouble finding the right spelling as half the time it doesn’t feel right even though it is e.g. Kahlan, Kaylin, Cailin (this is how my cousin spells hers), C or a K it’s endless. I give it a 9/10.

Gabrielle – I love this name and it’s a personal favourite (might have something to do with Xena) as I find it very beautiful and not overused unlike the many other names that end in elle or ella. I give it a 10/10.

Hunter – Again I wouldn’t use this name myself but I do like it as it’s very masculine. However I feel that it’s a boy’s name and not suitable for a girl. For a boy I give it an 8/10, for a girl I give it a 5/10.

Kaelyn Gabrielle Hunter – Love Kaelyn Gabrielle together, however Hunter doesn’t fit well. Instead of Hunter you could try another ’H’ name such as Hannah, Heather, Helen/Helena, etc. I give it an 8/10.

Audrey – I don’t like this name very much, it just sounds and feels very dated to me, like it belongs to an old lady. I give it a 7/10.

Layla – I love this name as it feels pretty and classic, it will also age well. I give it a 9/10.

Michelle – I actually really like this name as it’s beautiful and means ‘gift from god’. I give it a 9/10.

Audrey Layla Michelle – Despite not being a huge fan of Audrey I’m really liking this name set as it sounds and flows beautifully, it’s well balanced and will age well. I give it a 9/10.

Aaliyah-Janelle (AJ) – I wouldn’t use either names myself but I really like the way both Aaliyah and Janelle sound. Aaliyah reminds me of the R&B singer which is the only time I’ve ever really heard it. Aaliyah is beautiful and will age well, so will Janelle. However, I think having Aaliyah-Janelle as a first name is a bit much (I do like the nickname AJ though) and think Aaliyah with the middle name Janelle would look and feel better. I give both names a 9/10, but together I give it a 7/10.

Madison – I really like the name Madison (I also have it on my list), it has the same feel as Madeline without it being too overused. Madison also as a lovely meaning of ‘gift of god’ derived from Matthew or ‘strong fighter’ derived from Matilda. I give it an 8/10.

Aaliyah-Janelle Madison – This name set goes very well together, it is well balanced and sounds lovely. I do think it would be even better if it was just Aaliyah (first name) Janelle Madison (double middle name). The way it is now I give it a 9/10, but if you changed Janelle to be part of the middle name it would be perfect (not so chunky looking) 10/10.

Hayden – I’m not the biggest fan of this name as I prefer just Aidan but I do like Hayden more than Jaden. It’s a very handsome name that feels modern and will age well. To me Hayden seems more popular out of all the aydens/aidans as I have never met any of the other ‘aidans’ but have known several Hayden’s. I give it an 8/10.

Brook – It’s a nice strong handsome name although I think it’s better spelled Brock (my cousin spells hers Brook yet pronounced like Brooke). I give it an 8/10.

Michael – I don’t like this name much as it’s overused (unless it’s a family name) but it is a strong classic name that ages well. I give it a 9/10.

Hayden Brook Michael – This is a well-balanced name set that is both modern and classic, as well as very handsome. I give it a 9/10.

Kellin – I wouldn’t use this name myself but it has a strong and handsome feel to it. I have only met one other person with this name back in primary school, it is common but not overused. I do however think it’s better spelled Killian. I give it an 8/10.

James – I love this name as it’s a classic as well as handsome, and you know it will age well. It works wonderfully as both a first and middle name. I give it a 9/10.

Nicholas – I love this name as it has a royal feel to it as well as the ’modern’ Nick as a nickname. It fits well as both a first and middle name. I give it a 9/10.

Kellin James Nicholas – I’m loving this name set as it has both a modern and classic feel to it. The names balance each other out wonderfully, although I do think the sound and flow of all 3 names would be better as Kellin Nicholas James. I give it a 10/10.

Andrew (Andy) - I love this name as it’s very handsome and has the meaning manly/strong (it is also my brother’s name). It is an old time classic that will age well, I also love the nickname Andy more than Drew. I give it a 9/10.

Nathaniel – I wouldn’t use this name myself as I prefer just Nathan but it works well as both a first and middle name. It is a handsome name that means ‘god’s gift, god has given’ which makes it even more wonderful. I give it an 8/10.

Adam – I’m not the biggest fan of this name but it is handsome and timeless, and of course it has its connection to Adam and Eve. It is a name that is common but not too popular and ages well. I give it an 8/10.

Andrew Nathaniel Adam – This name is well balanced and I think Andrew Nathaniel sounds and flows well but there is something about Adam that doesn’t fit very well. 

Rowan – I’m not a fan of this name as I prefer Ronan, but it is a handsome name and reminds me of Rowan Atkinson (aka Mr Bean). It’s become a bit of a unisex name but I do prefer it on a boy than a girl. I give it a 7/10.

Seth - I'm not the hugest fan of this name but it is slowly growing on me. The name Seth always reminds me of the Egyptian god and for some reason snakes. Despite that it is a strong simple yet edge (if that makes sense) name that ages well. I give it an 8/10.

Nicholas – I love this name as it has a royal feel to it as well as the ’modern’ Nick as a nickname. It fits well as both a first and middle name. I give it a 9/10.

Rowan Seth Nicholas – I’m actually really liking this name set, although I do think it looks more balanced as well as sound and flows better if it was Rowan Nicholas Seth. Together they are modern and classic with a bit of edge. I give it a 9/10.

Austin (Aussie) – I would use it myself but I do like it on a boy. It is strong and handsome name that will age well in today’s society. I give it a 9/10.

James – I love this name as it’s a classic as well as handsome, and you know it will age well. It works wonderfully as both a first and middle name. I give it a 9/10.

Ambrose – I’m at a loss of what to say about this name. Firstly I don’t like it on a boy at all, it looks and feels too feminine. If it honours a family member then it may be usable but I think it’s better suited for a girl (I’m not a fan of it for a girl either). I give it a 6/10.

Austin James Ambrose – I’m loving Austin James (Perfect 10/10); it’s modern, classic and will age well. The length and amount of syllables in this name set balances well and if Ambrose HAD to be used then it does sound and flow well, but I think Ambrose takes away from the other names. I give it 8/10. 

#14 HaydensMama18

HaydensMama18

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,253 posts
  • Interests:My son, baby naming, singing, dancing, helping others

Obsessed with WWE & TNA

Favorite viners & youtubers: The Gabbie Show, Liza Koshy & Joe Santagato & Shane

My favorite actors are Grace Phipps & Garrett Clayton

Current favorite songs: Anything by Little Mix, Ariana Grande-Boyfriend Material & Anything by Bruno Mars

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:16 PM

Thanks. Ambrosia is the feminine version of Ambrose, and it means immortal. :) My name styles changed a little since last July...
Girls:

Ashley-Jade *AJ* Marilyn
Kaelyn Victoria
Gabrielle *Gabi* Paige
Rowan Elise/Elizabeth/Aaliyah (still can't decide)
Isiana *Izzy* Hunter Layne

&

Boys:

Hayden Ambrose
Nicholas *Nicky* Dean
Andrew *Andy* Seth
Austin *Aussie* Michael
Kellin Nathaniel James

#15 Kookie

Kookie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 02:04 PM

Madelyn Aura

Anya Riley

Emerson Bree

India Harper

Sydney Rose

Grayson August

Jackson Caleb

Zach Hudson

Oliver Maxwell

Logan Everett

all of these combos are quite fresh and new so a second opinion would be great :)

#16 Nameologist

Nameologist

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:reading ♥ being a doctor ♥ baby names ♥ hanging with my friends ♥ seeing family ♥ vacation ♥ life

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:00 PM

*The baby's last name will be Graham*

Boys

John Wallace

Girls

Evelyn Kate

Kathryn "Kate" Jodi

#17 Riley_Jane

Riley_Jane

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Singing, Acting, Dancing, Writing, Names, Event Planning, Hiking, Fitness, Cooking, Baking, and Exploring new things!

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:00 PM

Girl:
Lyndon Isabel
Georgia Elaine
Hartley Rose
Isla Margaret
Noelle Grace

Boy:
Timothy Jude
Joshua Brady
Mason Tyler
Casper Elliott
Zachary Daniel

#18 Nameologist

Nameologist

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:reading ♥ being a doctor ♥ baby names ♥ hanging with my friends ♥ seeing family ♥ vacation ♥ life

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:01 PM

I know it's a short list, but that's all we can think of to name our child right now.

#19 HxppySxng

HxppySxng

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,040 posts
  • Interests:Planners, piercings, Witchcraft, Netflix, & baking.

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:03 PM

Little Princesses;

Java Ashley [Ashley "Ash" Costello]

Chai Jennifer [Jennifer "Jenna" McDougall]

Baja Sabine [Sabine Scherer]

Dashing Gentlemen;

Nathaniel Richard [Richard "Ricky" Horror]

Troye Cameron [Cameron Liddell]

Jude Austin [Austin Carlile]

#20 CateNZ

CateNZ

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:46 PM

Vera Grayce

Lila Prudence

Ella Elisabeth

Lilia

Any suggestions for a middle name for Lilia? Looking for something really gorgeous! :wub:

Asher Ezekiel

Ronan Michael

Jackson Gray

Breccan

Rafe

Middle name suggestions for Breccan and Rafe?

Vera – I would never use this name myself but I love it’s meaning of Faith, as far as Russian names go it is pretty and easily said and spelt. I give it an 8/10.

Grayce – Not sure if it’s Grace or Gracie. Grace is a nice but so overused. I think Grace is a much nicer name than Gracie plus with it spelled Grayce it’s a little confusing. Although the more I look at it, it looks more like Gracie. As Grace I give it and 8/10, as Gracie I give it a 7/10.

Vera Grayce – Due to the confusion over Grayce I’m going to view this in two different ways. As Vera Gracie I don’t think it sounds or flows very well, as Vera Grace it has a much better feel to it. Vera Grace sounds and flows well together, without knowing Vera’s meaning they go perfectly together. However, not sure if Vera ‘Faith’ and Grace would have too much ‘virtue’ meaning/feel. I give Vera Gracie a 7/10, as Vera Grace I give it a 9/10.

Lila – I would never use this name myself but I really like it. Lila has a feminine feel to yet but not too feminine. It’s a simple and pretty name that will age well. I give it an 8/10.

Prudence – As far as virtue names go this is a pretty one that isn’t overused. It has a good meaning and works well as both a first and middle name. I give it an 8/10.

Lila Prudence – Both names are pretty and they go well together. It’s girly without being too frilly and will age well. I give it a 9/10.

Ella – I like this name a lot, it’s simple and pretty. I also prefer an Ella to all the Bella’s which are beyond overused. I can picture this name on both a cute little girl as well as a sophisticated woman. I give it a 9/10.

Elisabeth – I’m a little biased on this name seeing as it’s my middle name, but I genuinely believe that it is a pretty name with a great meaning (mine was chosen because it’s a family name). I prefer it spelled Elizabeth but Elisabeth is just as beautiful. I give it a 9/10.

Ella Elisabeth – Some people may have a problem with this combo due to both names starting with ‘El’ and may think it’s a bit much and clashes. However I for one am loving Ella Elisabeth as I think it sounds and flows well and looks absolutely gorgeous. Both names are timeless and will age well. I give it a 10/10.

Lilia – I’m liking this name as it sounds pretty and you don’t hear it very often. It’s a name I can picture on both on a little girl and an old lady, it’s a pretty name that will age well. I give it an 8/10.

Lilia Gabrielle

Lilia Michelle

Lilia Evangeline

Lilia Serenity

Lilia Felicity

Lilia Melanie

Lilia Jacqueline

Lilia Alexandra

Lilia Anastasia

Lilia Ashleigh

Lilia Charlotte

Lilia Rose

Lilia Rosalie

Asher – I prefer either Ashton or just Ash but it is a nice enough name for a boy. However with any boys name starting with Ash I always think of the main character on Pokémon, not that it’s a bad thing. I give it an 8/10.

Ezekiel – It’s not a name I would use, and had never heard of it until I heard it on Supernatural as one of the Angels. I’m sorry but all I can think of when I see or hear this name is that show and its Angels, although to me that’s a good thing. I give it a 7/10.

Asher Ezekiel – Surprisingly for two uncommon names, Asher being more common than Ezekiel, they actually sound and flow pretty well together. They also balance each other out pretty well. I give it an 8/10.

Ronan – I love this name and find it much more appealing than Rowan or Roman. It’s handsome and will age well. I can see it more on an athlete or musician but will work well on any type of boy/man. I give it a 9/10. 

Michael – This is a handsome name for a boy but there is something about it that makes me dislike it. The name redeems itself by being the name of the archangel, this making it feel more masculine. I give it an 8/10.

Ronan Michael – I’m loving this combo as it’s both handsome and masculine, but also has a softer feel to it. Both names sound and flow well together. I give it a 10/10.

Jackson – This name forever reminds me of Michael Jackson as well as Peter Jackson. To me this just feels like a last name and at best a middle name. That said it is a strong and handsome name with the possible nickname of Jack. Overall I give it an 8/10.

Gray – To be honest I’m not a fan of this name at all and it feels more of a nickname for Grayson. I give it a 6/10.

Jackson Gray – Off hand this name combo doesn’t really go well together, depending on the last name it may or may not balance it out more. I personally feel it would be better as Jack Grayson, which I would give a 9/10. As for Jackson Gray I give it a 7/10.

Breccan – I’m not a fan of this name as it feels like two names have been meshed together to create something weird/very uncommon. To me it feels as though it’s meant to be either Brendon or Declan. I give it a 6/10.

Rafe – Not sure what to think of this name as it feels more like a nickname for Raphael which also looks better as Raph. I have seen similar names (may have just been spelled differently) in writings about the 16th century. I actually like the name Raphael nickname Raph, but Rafe (assuming I’m pronouncing it correctly) doesn’t feel like the greatest to me, but maybe if it was paired with a nice middle name to help balance it out may make it more appealing. I give it a 7/10.

Rafe James/Jaymes

Rafe Michael

Rafe Gabriel

Rafe Declan

Rafe Brendon

Rafe Sebastian

Rafe Mitchell

Rafe Matthew

Rafe Bartholomew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users