• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

I uploaded it to youtube... thought that'd be easiest :) But yeah! I mean its basically the same as my other post I guess. But sometimes its nice to hear how someone pronounces the names they love. So many different ways to say names! ;)

And you can witness my awkward facial expressions. Because I do that fairly often. I refrained from the amount I usually use, but after rewatching I noticed I made a couple faces anyway. LOL.

Anyway... enjoy! :D
  • kelsie__ likes this

#2 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

You cutie pie, yew. :wub:

#3 PaigeA

PaigeA

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

Aww you have an accent! :D I like it. Yes we say it like gray-em. I like the one syllable pronunciation you said more though.

#4 brittany111

brittany111

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:31 AM

your accent is so adorable!!! we also say gray-em :) i think the perfect name will fall into your lap when you least expect it :)

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

Tehehe, thankie Yaz ;) And lol thanks ladies!! <3 Haha I guess I do have an accent, in a way ;) Maybe <3 Hahaha :D

And I mean no offence but I prefer Graham as one syllable myself ;) but I was also raised with it being that way. I feel like I said gray-um wrong when I tried saying it two syllable-like :P

And hopefully it will! :) Fingers crossed!!

#6 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:52 AM

Hi, Remy!!

Archer is really handsome. The second syllable in Archer (cher) kind of runs together with Cole. Archer Nico... I'm not really a fan of nicknamish names, but if it's to honor someone, then I'd go with it.

Roman Connor is sooo handsome. Prefection, in my opinion. <3 <3 <3

Eve seems kinda like it's missing something. I think of Eve as more of a nickname.

I've been liking Emerson... I'm not sure what changed my mind. I don't usually like unisex names, but the possible nickname Emmy makes it more girly. I don't feel like Jade is the right middle for Emerson. I suggested Emerson Juliet, but it's too long. Emerson Ruby, maybe?

I don't really like Arielle. I guess because it seems like a mash up of Ariana and Elle/Ella. I do like the princess-y sound of it though...

#7 Mika Casey

Mika Casey

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

You guys are so funny, she doesn't sound like she has an accent to me! ;)
  • kelsie__ likes this

#8 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:17 AM

Tehehe, your right Raven! No accent here! ;) Hahaha <3

Hello Madi! :) Mike brought up he's kinda thinking Roman Connor's his fave, but idk. I am feeling set on Archer haha <3 In my mind, his name is Archer Nico. But not sure if in Mikes mind its still Archer Cole <3

Eve is real short.. We both kinda prefer Eve to Eva though for whatever reason. The ending a kinda clashes with the beginning vowel of Mikes surname though, so eh :(

I do like Emmy for Emerson <3 It makes it feel much more feminine :) Emerson's kinda like Allison to me, almost? Where Ally feels so girly, but I know Allison was originally on the boys side. Whether for better or worse, I feel like Emerson will probably end up going girl <3 Emerson Ruby is really cute, Ruby actually rhymes with my surname haha! I guess I could think about honoring my surname, so a mix of my fam right in the middle. She's getting his, so <3 I'll ask him

Mike turns out not to like it either, guess he knows an Arielle that ruined it for him. We're liking Ella names though in general <3 Still coming up with those :)

#9 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:11 AM

Your sound different to how I imagined you would lol. I like all of your names, except maybe Emerson and Hunter. Archer Nico and Roman Connor would make cute siblings, and Eve is darling.

#10 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:13 AM

Your sound different to how I imagined you would lol. I like all of your names, except maybe Emerson and Hunter. Archer Nico and Roman Connor would make cute siblings, and Eve is darling.

LOL yeah? :P I'm not as "newenglander" as a lot of family is. My mum sounds SO boston its not funny :') "I'll pahk mah cahh in tha yaaahd" (and not I'll park my car in the yard like normal people :l).

Thanks though! I am fond of how most my names match fairly well :) Archer and Roman especially <3

#11 ashleylyn

ashleylyn

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

In your video I see y'all like the name maisie or Maisy but want a full name...What about Malece (MA Lee ss) I think the nn could be maisy or malee

#12 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

I don't think that she has an accent at all! You are super cute by the way, and I like the security of having a solid list too. You are also super young!! Wow, and for having an other already too. Well, I guess I am just hoping that whoever I marry will like my list.
Good luck, and congrats on the video. I would never have the courage to do something like that :) ;-):-)<3

#13 brittany111

brittany111

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:43 AM

i love the 'accent' i cant wait til i go to America and i hear it for 4 weeks!! :)

#14 Kayleigh Michelle

Kayleigh Michelle

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

I cant see the video! It's just a black screen...:/ So I don't know what ya'll mean by "accent". What kind of accent? ...And brittany, do you not live in America..? Soo what kind of accent do YOU have.? I LOVE different accents! Espcecially the British and Australian accents ;)

#15 PaigeA

PaigeA

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

Haha she sounds..American I guess? :D I kinda like Florida kind of accents, all the times I've been before all the people have been really friendly and nice too <3 Remy's accent sort of sounds like theirs. I don't know, I'm not really familiar with the different types of American accents they all mainly sound the same to me :blush: Haha.

#16 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

Aw have fun when your here in 4 weeks Brittany!! Are you enjoying the east or west coast? :)

Malese is interesting, but I'm not sure. I think I'll have to think on it for a bit to see how much I like it. I can imagine it growing on me maybe, but not sure. Thanks!

And Barbie, haha I don't think I've an accent either! ;) lol <3 Aw thank you though!! Thats real kind of you <3 I am fairly young though, I'm 19 years. I'll be 20 by the time I have the baby, so technically not a teen mom (; Hehe! I know! I used to worry about my SO not liking my names. Which honestly has only been an issue with girls. For boys we're on the same page <3 Thank you though! And oh I guess I've been a member here so long.. I'm fairly confident in myself on here :) And honestly making a video about your namelist is extremely personal lol, not for everyone!! <3

Not sure why you can't see the video Kayleigh, I marked it as "unlisted" so I'm pretty sure it wont come up in the search engine. I'm hoping.. but its not private.

Lol Paige I sure am American! I'm from the New England area :) Which a lot of people say some of our accents sound the same as a California accent, or maybe even as Florida as you said. I have different phrases I'd use that those places wouldn't (I tend to say "wicked" a lot in the same way as "really". So I'll say "thats wicked awesome!" instead of "thats really/super/extremely awesome!" or idk lots of phrases lol). I think we talk a little faster around here too. We're a fast paced area as opposed to Florida. People in Florida are really nice :) New England.. its give or take. Idk... I feel like a lot of people here want nothing to do with each other. Of course doesn't account for everyone, but certain area's can be super snobby and rude :l depends where you are :( I think the real difference is a northern or southern accent hahah!! Like you can TOTALLY tell the difference between a drawl and everything else!! I'd go on youtube and look up Accent Tags, they're really cool! :)
  • PaigeA likes this

#17 kelsie__

kelsie__

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:33 PM

XD

#18 kelsie__

kelsie__

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

Ohhh Remy! You don't have an accent at all! I love your voice!!

:wub:

Lol. I just watched the video. I'd tried to watch it the day you posted it, but I had terrible internet connection at my mamaw's house then!

And honestly, I'd never really liked Archer Cole or Roman Connor. I mean, I love the middle names, but the 2 first names aren't my style. But hearing you say them made a difference! I love them for your garden pea! <3

I love your girl list, as well! I Ugh. I wish I'd written all the names you said down. I'll go back and do that to make sure I get all of them! But I love your girl names, but might as well not go into that since you're having a boy!

And I say Graham, as one syllable!

#19 Kayleigh Michelle

Kayleigh Michelle

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

IT'S NOT BLOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I go on youtube alll the time, Kelsie. I know what I'm talking about. Youtube comes up, but the screen is black and says "an error has occurred." Youtube isn't blocked, Kelsie.
  • kelsie__ likes this

#20 kelsie__

kelsie__

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

You can watch it when you come here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users