• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

I really am starting to like this name... I do have a question though. Is Maisie pronounced May-see or May-zee? Like rhymes with daisy. I would like it to be pronounced May-see, but I wouldn't want to confuse people. I would also like middle name suggestions if it isn't too much to ask. I was thinking Maisie Violet or Maisie Annabelle. Oooh, I can almost picture myself with a daughter named Maisie. How would Ava Madeline and Maisie Annabelle/Violet (pick the one you prefer) sound for sisters? And I like the name Easton for a brother. Thanks. :-)

#2 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

From what I understand, the correct pronunciation would be May-Zee (rhyming with Daisy).

Macy is pronounced how you're wanting, though. I really like Macy. There's other spellings, too: Macey, Macie, Macee, etc. It's a cute name :wub: I think it ages really well, too.

I think if you had an Ava Madeline (such a cute combo, by the way) the best option for a middle would be Violet, just so you didn't have AM / MA and then leave another child out of the coordinating initials. If they were twins, Ava Madeline and Macy Annabelle would be perfect. Macy Violet is so adorable.

Easton is really handsome :)
Easton Carter
Easton Thomas
Easton Benjamin
Easton Levi
Easton Lucas
Easton Nathaniel

#3 PaigeA

PaigeA

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

In England we pronounce it as May-zee, it's a common name here :) Ava Madeline and Maisie/Macy Violet would be a lovely sibset, and I do think Easton would be sweet too!

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

Maisie's suppose to rhyme with Daisy :) Its super cute, I love it! Theres a movie / book with a girl named Maisie in it, What Maisie Knew. I kinda wanna see it just cause the daughters name is Maisie :P haha! But Ava Madeline and Maisie Violet would be precious haha aww

#5 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

I agree, I think Maisie rhymes with Daisy. It's super cute! I love both the combos you listed, Maisie Violet and Maisie Annabelle. Maisie, Ava, and / or Easton would make a darling sibling combo! :wub:

#6 proudtosayy

proudtosayy

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Cooking, Reading.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

Like others said Maisie sounds like Daisy, I think. I don't know for sure, as I don't know of a Maisie. I think Maisie and Ava would be so cute for sisters! And if you went with the middle name Annabelle, the they would have the same initials backwards. MA & AM. So there is that to think about. Do you like that, or not? To me it doesn't really matter, and I think Maisie Annabelle is a really good combo! And I LOVE the name Easton, for a personal reason, it means a lot to me. And Maisie, Easton, and Ava is just such a good sib set. They all sounds really good together.

#7 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

Thanks for all the feedback. I think Maisie Annabelle has that southern charm that I like. Ava Madeline and Maisie Annabelle. <3 I actually saw the book What Maisie Knew at the store and I kind of fell in love with the name then. :-)
  • Remy Hadley likes this

#8 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

I've just started reading the book and its been hard to get into but really interesting :) Wordy, kinda sad, but nice <3 Maisie Annabelle definitely has a very southern feel to it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users