Bless my crazy family...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sarahdemojo

sarahdemojo

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Basketball- Boston Celtics, baby! <br />Music- mostly 80's<br />School- Going to be an Occupational Therapist<br />

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:43 PM

Okay, well I am 5 months pregnant and the hubs and I have been talking about names lately, duh! As we were talking, we realized that my family is nuts in terms of baby names (and in many other ways). To start (you will think I'm crazy too) but my mother's name is Sarah Jane and I am Sarah Joann- I have gone by Joey since I was born at home, at work/school I am Sarah. I plan to name our daughter Sarah J____. Crazy, but I like the tradition.

I hope this helps someone, or at least provides some entertainment. I always think I should write a book about my life and this is a topic that drives me nuts!

My mother's side

Ruby Marie had Patricia Ann and Charles Joseph

Margaret Ann had Paul (no middle name), Nancy Joan, Margaret Rachel and Thomas (no middle name)

Paul and Patricia Ann had Phillip Kenneth, Sarah Jane and Charles John

Nancy Joan and Felix had John Michael, Margaret Nicole and Katherine Renee

Margaret Rachel had Robert Walter, David Paul and Matthew Christopher

Thomas and Susan had Margaret Ann and Sarah Nicole

John Michael and Mia had John Paul and Jenna Ann

Katherine Renee and Steve had Julia Ann

Charles John and Nan had Christopher Paul, Roxanne Maureen and Jessica Lee (her middle name after my dad's)

________________________________________________________________________________
____

My dad's side from Tennesse

Elijah and Zelma had my grandmother Valley Jean (yes, Valley), Dale and Geraldine

Valley Jean and Eddie Lee (I don't know his history) had Sammy Lee (not Samuel or Sam), Janet Sue and Deborah Jean

Sammy Lee (my dad) and his first wife Debbie had Tammy Jo, Amy Lee and Amber Lee

Janet Sue and Jewel had Paul Michael

Deborah Jean and Paul Isaac had Heather Renee and Melisa Lee

Tammy Jo and Kirk had Samantha (after my dad Sammy) Rae, Sarah Onalee and Sydney JoAnne

Amy Lee and Rob had Ashley Maureen, Madison Paige and Riley Robert

This is great: Paul Michael had Paul Bryan, Paul Joseph, Paul Matthew and Tyler James (why not Paul James? lol)

Heather Renee and Steven had Ellie Renee

Melisa Lee and Dustin had Conner Lee and Lennon Renee

Ashley Maureen (my 22 year old niece...) has Lily Renee and Maurice Riley

________________________________________________________________________________
________

My mother and father: Sarah Jane and Sammy Lee had my little sister and I: Anne Marie and Sarah Joann (me)

My mother and her new husband had Maxwell King (King after his grandfather, I like that as a middle name a lot!)

Okay.... I know this was obnoxious, but if you look at everything bold, you'll see that pretty much none of us have unique names, which is kinda neat... but pretty much ALL of us share names somehow. SCARY!

#2 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:06 AM

That's really funny! Both sides have very similar names :wub:

My family has no naming traditions, really. I mean, occasionally a child is named after someone, but there is no tradition to it :P

~Haddie

#3 MBP

MBP

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:31 PM

This is pretty interesting, it makes me want to go look through my genealogy to see some of my own family's naming traditions. But here are a few things I always thought was interesting in my family:

My Great-Great Grandmother's last name was Sanders. I have a Great Aunt Sandy, but her brother and sisters all called her Sander.
My Great Grandfather was Orval Franklin, he had a daughter named Polly Franklin.

I met two of my Great-Grandmothers, one was Hattie Este-Lee, but went by Este-Lee, the other also went by her middle name, Faye.
My paternal Grandmother is Ruby Irene, but goes by Irene.
My maternal Grandmother is Nettie Rosetta, but goes by Rose.
All of my grandmothers (that were still living when I was born) went by their middle name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users