6 replies to this topic

#1 Wildflowerchild

Wildflowerchild

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

I have to ask...what do you think? My sister said trashy, my friend said it was cute. I actually kind of like it (even though it came from Redneckbabynames.com). There are actually some really cute names on there...although my whole family is from the backwoods so it's pretty explainatory why I find them appealing. :P

I don't think I'd pronounce it Roxy-lynn, but put the stress on the beginning so it goes together as Roxilynn (like saying "Roxlyn" with a little "ee" sound between the X and the L) Also, one N or two at the end?

Roxilynn Elisabeth
Roxilynn Ava
Roxilynn Cade
Roxilynn Claire

Opinions/suggestions/thoughts? <3

#2 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:28 AM

I really don't like it :( I love Roxy, and I love Roxanne and such.. but I don't like how Roxilynn flows :( I see it as rocks-uh-lynn, or rocks-ill-inn.. I guess I just dislike how it sounds. Roxy-Lynn could be okay, but I still don't love it. Just personal opinion though :)

Roxilynn Ava and Roxilynn Cade are my favorite of the combo's though <3

#3 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

It reminds me of someone I know who's son just gave him a granddaughter. When his son and girlfriend told him what they were naming their daughter he thought they said Dixie-lynn (not sure on spelling), and he loved the name. But after he kept saying it Dixie-lynn they corrected him and told him it would be Dix-a-lynn (again not sure on spelling). Honestly I'm not a fan of either name. They just sound too much like some name they would make up for a pharmaceutical product.

#4 Misscass8907

Misscass8907

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

I am so sorry but I'm going to give my honest opinion :) that name deff has stripper potential :/

#5 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

I don't personally like it, but that's just because it's not really my style. I have to say that Roxilynn looks better with the two n's to me. Of the four choices of first and middle combinations you have, Roxilynn Claire sounds best to me.

#6 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

I have to agree, I personally don't like it. Roxi and Lynn are fine, but together they sound made-up to me.

#7 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

It looks made up to me, sorry. I love the name Roxanna, though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users