7 replies to this topic

#1 ashleylyn

ashleylyn

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

Tell me your favorite names from my choices Please!

Girls:
Bellamy Imogene
Cora Lynn
Delilah Rue

(Imogene,Lynn&Rue are family names so they will stay.)

Boys:

Graydon Morrison
Clarke Maxwell
Jonah Saville

(Graydon Morrison stays as is, Clarke &saville stay as they are family names,Jonah is not my favorite but can't think of another name.)

Thanks so much in advance

#2 Kookie

Kookie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

Favourite girl is Delilah Rue- I love this name!

Favourite boy is Jonah Saville- I love Jonah! It's on my list!

#3 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Bellamy Imogene - I love Bellamy for boys, although I can see why you have it on your girls list. I prefer the spelling Imogen, but this combo is alright, despite my feeling that Bellamy doesn't really fit. Cora Imogene? Delilah Imogene? Sophie Imogene? Anna Imogene? Charlotte Imogene? Isabella Imogene?
Cora Lynn - To me this sounds more like one name than two, but I think it's cute.
Delilah Rue - Not a fan of Delilah, but Rue is adorable.

My favourite is Delilah Rue.

Graydon Morrison - I think the fact that they both end in the 'on' sound puts me off. I also am not a fan of either name.
Clarke Maxwell - Clark is cute (prefer this spelling), and I love Maxwell.
Jonah Saville - I like Jonah, but Saville reminds me of 'The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher', which I read recently and was scared by (only if reading it at night lol).

My favourite is Clarke Maxwell.

#4 rhaego

rhaego

Epic Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:55 AM

My favorites are Delilah Rue and Clarke Maxwell. That being said, I really like Bellamy, but I don't think it flows well with Imogene. How about Bellamy Rue? Cora Lynn is nice, but I agree that it sounds like one name. Maybe Cordelia Lynn or Cornelia Lynn with the nn Cora? I think either would be cute, but I prefer Cordelia.

I know you said that Graydon Morrison stays as is, but both of them ending in -on is off-putting. If either of these names are being used to honor someone, it's pretty common to tweak names a little so people are able to recognize who it is you're honoring, but the child gets a name to him/herself! Either Gray Morrison or Graydon Morris(sey) would sound a bit better!
I think Jonah Saville flows pretty well, and I like Jonah. But since you're not in love with it, maybe Damien Saville, Michael Saville, Bennett Saville, Arthur Saville, Jory Saville, Henry Saville, Deacon Saville?

#5 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

Girls:

Bellamy Imogene - I adore this name, the overall combination is gorgeous and flows wonderfully.
Cora Lynn - I find this a bit short and simple compaired to your other choices. I think Cora is a nice name with both a modern and slightly retro sound. I would normally stray away from Lynn in the middle name spot but since it is a family name I think it works well.
Delilah Rue - I love, love, love Delilah Rue. This is my favorite of the three.

Boys:

Graydon Morrison - I find Graydon Morrison a bit on the long side, but I think the flow is okay. I like the idea of Gray or Grady as a nickname.
Clarke Maxwell - Great combo, although I'm not a huge fan of Clarke.
Jonah Saville - I really like the name Jonah and it does go nicely with the middle Saville. This would be my favorite of the three. I think Jonah sounds nice because of the long A in the second syllable matches the long A sound at the beginning of Saville. Other long A enders: Ezra Saville, Ira Saville, Micah Saville, Noah Saville, Luca Saville, Joshua Saville.

#6 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

Girls:
Bellamy Imogene - I've only heard Bellamy twice in my life. Once, on an actress and the other on this forum, on someone's boy list. So to me, the name is unisex. It doesn't have any distinct feminie or masculine sounds and since I've heard it on both genders it's very ambiguous to me so I think it could work very well for a girl. It's not really my style, but it seems to have a southern charm to it. Not sure why haha. Imogene is not my style, but there are worse family names.
Cora Lynn - Love Cora! I really really dislike Lynn, but since it has a significance to you I understand it.
Delilah Rue - both names are gorgeous

Your combos aren't bad, but I think Bellamy Rue and Cora Imogene sound better. Delilah Lynn doesn't flow that greatly so maybe find other names for those too.

Boys:
Graydon Morrison - don't like either name
Clarke Maxwell - I like both names, but not together so much
Jonah Saville - Jonah is really great. Sounds nice with Saville.

#7 -SassyCassie-

-SassyCassie-

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

Favorites are:Cora Lynn, Delilah Rue, Jonah Saville. But I really love the names Rue and Lynn the most. Rue is really cute and Lynn is also pretty sounding as well. Cora is nice and so is Delilah, as well as Jonah. All flow pretty well together I think at least.

#8 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

Cora Lynn is my fave.
Saville is a nice mn...
Evan Saville
Toby Saville
Jackson Saville

It is hard because Saville almost sounds like a surname when paired with the first names.
Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users