2 replies to this topic

#1 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

I was talking about baby names with my friend Kat and while she and I have pretty different styles some of the names she said she liked really stuck with me, though I don't necessarily love them.

One I really do like though is Rian Lizette for a girl. Rian would be pronounced REE-in, not like Ryan, though I've heard the name pronounced both ways. I definitely like it better with a different pronunciation--when I hear it pronounced like Ryan I automatically think of a boy.

Other names/combos she suggested included:
Keegan Leroy
Narenae [Nare-uh-nay; the first syllable rhymes with 'hair']
Dayton [for either gender]
Jaime Adelle
Oriole

Personally, I love the name Jaime/Jamie/etc. regardless of how it is spelled, but I like the spelling she chose because in French, J'aime means I like or I love, and it reminds me of that every time I see it.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of Narenae, though it's got a nice sound, and I'm not a huge fan of Dayton but it's close to other D names I like. Also not sure how I feel about Oriole because while orioles are beautiful birds it's an awkward name to pronounce and it sounds a bit too close to Oreo for my taste.

I think Keegan Leroy is adorable.

What do you ladies think?

#2 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

Love the name Lizette! I have a longtime friend from high school named Lizette, she was hispanic, but she was so sweet and we've remained great friends over the years.

#3 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:31 AM

I really like Lizette! :) Lisette is a guilty pleasure for me <3 Rian Lizette does sound nice though.

Keegan Leroy is handsome, though not my style.
Narenae is alright.. it sounds like it'd be a fun name for a pet but not a person imo :(
Dayton is nice, makes me think of the beach in Florida haha. It also sounds a lot like "dating" if you use an accent and not say the g at the end, datin' :P not necessarily bad, just my thought. I could see it fitting in with kids these days perfectly though :)
Jaime Adelle - lovely though not my style <3
Oriole - I like nature names in general, but this ones only alright to me.

Hope I don't sound like too much of a downer here! We have entirely different tastes in names :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users