Photo

Top 2 names duking it out

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Gemma vs. Willa (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Which name for a 19 yr old art major?

1. Gemma (5 votes [55.56%])

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

2. Willa (4 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 heimarmene

heimarmene

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:24 PM

Hey guys B)

I posted a couple days ago about naming a couple characters. I've narrowed the names down to two for the main character. Both are short, spunky & sweet. I'll give you a quick rundown on the character:

Gemma/Willa Marchand is 19 years old, born in New York but currently living in London, England with older brother (Crispin) & attending university as an art major; brown hair & green eyes; tall (5'8, 5'9) and fit but not skinny/thin; slightly awkward socially/clumsy physically; not a huge people person. She mostly keeps to herself/doesn't pry into others' lives, except for her brother's; is very nosey about Crispin's personal affairs/love life. Normally a pretty nice girl (sweet), but will resort to anything within reason to make sure her brother's happy (spunky/determined). She can't cook to save her life. (She can bake, though the kitchen may catch on fire :D)

These two names represent her two sides: sweet (Gemma) & spunky/determined (Willa). Gemma's my fave by a hairs' breadth, but pick your favourite & help me name this girl! ;)

NOTE: Her name was originally Tessa, but sadly that name couldn't be used :wub:

Thanks all :P

#2 bythecarousel

bythecarousel

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:45 AM

I prefer Willa, and I believe it conjures the essence of the character described much more than the name Gemma. At least in my perception. I also like it better when paired with Crispin. Good luck!

#3 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:15 PM

I agree. I adore Gemma, but Willa fits your character's description better. Good luck!

#4 vkb...dancer

vkb...dancer

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

Willa all the way. Gemma to me brings out a friend, very people person and short. Willa is the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users