7 replies to this topic

#1 JocelynM

JocelynM

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:10 AM

Okay, thanks all for your replies to my other post. I need some more help, though. What do you think of when you hear these names? Here is the narrowest list we have so far and my comments/issues with each:

Tatiana Claire (I love it, the husband likes Tatia Claire better)
Torrence Claire (I love it but my husband thinks it sounds boyish...)
Timothea Violet (My husband loves this, I love Thea Violet, but he wants Timothea with nn Thea)
Tasha Brielle (I feel as if this sounds like too incomplete names. One suggestion was Tasha Gabrielle, but my husband hates Gabrielle for some strange reason)
Tawny Christine (I think it's adorable, but will it age well?)
Torra Christine (I love this name, but so far....no one else has, including husband)

So, you see my dilemma at trying to agree with the husband.....this girl will join Tate and Teresa (TJ and Reesa) and if we have another child after this, the boy will probably be Tobin Daniel which we picked if this child was to be a boy. Any thoughts, comments, ranks, help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

#2 ReadeAlexandra

ReadeAlexandra

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:25 PM

Torrence Claire
Timothea Violet
Tasha Brielle

#3 ~Nadezhda

~Nadezhda

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:40 PM

Quite a list of names.
I really like Tatiana Claire. Tatiana would not be my first pick, necessarily, but it is a different name, on the positive side of unique, as I like to say.
It is distinct, uncommon and feminine. It could also lend itself to the nickname Ana, if you wanna incorporate that, since your other children go by nicknames :P

I agree that Torrence sounds masculine.
Timothea is a little bit different, but I adore the nickname Thea. I would choose the full name, though, it seems more complete and it also goes with the nickname pattern you already have. Violet complements Thea greatly, they make a wonderful combo.

Neither Tasha nor Brielle are my style, too frilly and trendy sounding.
I love Christine, especially as a middle name, but I'm not fond of Tawny. Maybe Toni, if at all.
I prefer Tara to Torra, have you thought about it?
Tara Christine sounds beautiful, and TJ, Reesa and Tara also make a great sibset.

PS. I love your pick of Tobin Daniel!

#4 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:04 PM

Okay, thanks all for your replies to my other post. I need some more help, though. What do you think of when you hear these names? Here is the narrowest list we have so far and my comments/issues with each:

Tatiana Claire (I love it, the husband likes Tatia Claire better)
Torrence Claire (I love it but my husband thinks it sounds boyish...)
Timothea Violet (My husband loves this, I love Thea Violet, but he wants Timothea with nn Thea)
Tasha Brielle (I feel as if this sounds like too incomplete names. One suggestion was Tasha Gabrielle, but my husband hates Gabrielle for some strange reason)
Tawny Christine (I think it's adorable, but will it age well?)
Torra Christine (I love this name, but so far....no one else has, including husband)

So, you see my dilemma at trying to agree with the husband.....this girl will join Tate and Teresa (TJ and Reesa) and if we have another child after this, the boy will probably be Tobin Daniel which we picked if this child was to be a boy. Any thoughts, comments, ranks, help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Is it okay to mix and match fn/mn combos?

I think Thea and Teresa (Ressa) are a bit similar since they start with the same sort of sound and I'm not a big fan of Timothea. So I'd eliminate Timothea, I LOVE Violet as a mn though.

You could use the name Torra as a nn for Torrence...I prefer Torrence Christine to Torrence Claire.

I'm not a big fan of Tasha or Brielle (and I agree with your husband about Gabrielle)

Tawny isn't really my style either.

Tatiana or Tatia would be my choice from your options. I like Tatiana/Tatia Claire.

#5 Lilah

Lilah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:37 AM

Tatiana Claire - I love this name. I think Tatiana is beautiful, and much better than Tatia
Torrence Claire - I actually think Torrence is cute. Ever since Bring It On came out, lol.
Timothea Violet - I'm not a fan of Timothea or Thea, but the combination itself looks and sounds great. I love Violet though.
Tasha Brielle - I agree with you. This name looks like two nicknames put together. I'm not a fan.
Tawny Christine - I'm not a fan of Tawny. It doesn't sound like it will age well
Torra Christine - I'm not a fan of Torra either.

My favorite is definitely Tatiana Claire. However, I think Tatiana Violet would sound great.

#6 litfan

litfan

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:32 AM

Tatiana Claire--FAVORITE!! I love this name, and Tatia could be the nn, so it's a compromise with your hsband. A similar name that I love is Titania(a fairy in Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream). I also like Tiana

Torrence Claire--I tend to agree with your husband on Torrence being a boy name, but Torra could be a nn and you and your husband could each call her what you want to

Timothea Violet--Not really a fan, and Thea is too close to Teresa for me...I LOVE the name Violet though...maybe Torra Violet?

Tasha Brielle--I don't like the name Gabrielle because I don't think the "Gab" part sounds pretty, but I see what you mean about it being an incomplete name... I would suggest Natasha Brielle, but you are looking for "T" names!

Tawny Christine--It's not my taste

Torra Christine--as I said before, maybe Torra Violet?

#7 JocelynM

JocelynM

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:04 AM

Thank you all so much for your comments. Yeah, I think we've eliminated Tawny from the list now. I still love Tatiana with any middle name, but my husband thinks a one syllable middle name would be best for such a long first name. He does not want her to be called Ana at all though....that's why I think he likes Tatia better. With either name, she will probably be called Tati or Ti or Tia. I have a dear friend named Tiana actually, and have always loved the name, but with the Princess and the Frog.....ya know.

I love the name Thea, but I understand how it's close to Teresa and even Reesa, and anyway, I don't like Timothea that much anyhow....so this one may be crossed off as well.

My husband is holding onto Tasha Brielle as his first choice still, and it just seems awkward to me, but no matter what name I pair Tasha with, he likes Brielle. Ugh.

Ironically, everyone I've talked to about names (except my husband) has loved Torrence, but not Torra. I thought Torra would be feminizing Torrence a bit, but no one seems to really like it. We thought about Thora, but couldn't find a middle name to go with it that we really liked.

We've gone through a lot of other T names, and Tara was one of them, but my brother's ex-girlfriend is named this and she was a nightmare, to the say the least (among other things, she stole a pair of my mother's pearl earrings) so that was a no for us. Some of the other T names that made the first couple cuts:

Tabitha
Tyra
Tamora
Trina
Temperance

Can anything be done with those? Haha, at first I was looking for a narrower list, but now I'm feeling as if all the disagreements are making the list too narrow....and I still have four more months so....any other suggestions are still appreciated as we can't seem to find THE NAME that we both absolutely love.

#8 ~Nadezhda

~Nadezhda

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:04 PM

Tatia is a cute nickname for Tatiana, as is Tia :P
Claire would be my favourite for a middle name.

I understand the problem with name/people association.. they can get you to hate a name, ugh!
Anyways, from your "new" list, I really love Tabitha and Temperance.
In my opinion, Tabitha Claire and Temperance Claire would be wonderful.
WDYT? Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users