• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:02 PM

Toby Levi (Garth)
Asa Lincoln (Nash)
Jaxon Theodore (Reid/Flynn) "Jax"
Talon Archer (Reid) "Tal"
Maximus Othniel (Flynn)

Once again, optional double middles if I decide to use them are in parentheses.

Please comment and suggest!

Thx!! <3

#2 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:28 AM

Toby Levi (Garth) - I like all three names and think that Garth is underused, but something about this combo throws me off, maybe because they're all short names, the first both being two syllables. Tobias Levi and Tobias Levi Garth sound a bit better to me. But if you're keeping Toby I would go for the two middle names because Toby Levi just has two syllables in each name.

Asa Lincoln (Nash) I like just Asa Lincoln a bit better than Asa Lincoln Nash, because the n's at the end of Lincoln and the beginning of Nash clash a little. Nash isn't really my style either, but Asa is handsome and Lincoln is okay (though cute as a first with the nickname Link).

Jaxon Theodore (Reid/Flynn) "Jax" - This one's okay, but Jaxon just isn't my style. I love Theodore, Reid, and Flynn though. Jaxon Theodore is nice on its own, and with the third middle I would go for Jaxon Theodore Flynn just because it seems to flow a bit better.

Talon Archer (Reid) "Tal" - Again, Talon isn't my style, but the middle(s) make this a handsome combo. Talon Archer by itself reminds me of two things rather than just names, Talon reminding me of a bird's claws and Archer reminding me of a bow and arrow. Neither is really a bad association, especially for a boys' name, but I like it with Reid at the end because it adds a little umph that I really like.

Maximus Othniel (Flynn) - To me, Maximus Othniel is a mouthful. I've never actually heard Othniel before, so it throws me off a bit. I do think the second middle Flynn balances it a bit though, and I noticed that Maximus is a bit different from your other boys' first names, which are shorter and all two syllables.

• Barbie likes this

#3 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:40 AM

I love Asa Lincoln/Asa Lincoln Nash!!  :wub: 

Levi is my current name love, but I don't like it with Toby, maybe because two four letter two syllable names together? I like Jenna's suggestion of Tobias Levi and Tobias Levi Garth. Such an awesome combo! (and you can still call him Toby)

Theodore Flynn is adorable! Jaxon isn't my style, but it does go good there. Good syllable balance. 

I agree with Jenna again on Talon Archer, it is a bit wordy for a combo, though I do like both names. What about Talon Levi (Garth) and Toby Archer (Reid)? That would be perfect!  ^_^ 

Maximus Othniel does feel a bit different than your other combos, but not terrible at all. I like Othneil Flynn a lot in this set! I think Maxwell Othneil Flynn would fit a bit better. 

• Barbie likes this

#4 MissJay

MissJay

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:41 PM

Toby Levi (Garth): Toby is not really my style, I think it's better suited as a nickname. Levi is nice and very southern. I don't care for Garth, it's a little harsh sounding to me and all I can think of is the country singer. What do you think of Tobias Levi or Tobin Levi? 

Asa Lincoln (Nash): Asa is one of my absolute favorite names! :) I love it with Lincoln too! I'm a little on the fence about adding Nash. I think it sounds okay, but the end of Lincoln and beginning of Nash kind of clash. 

Jaxon Theodore (Reid/Flynn) "Jax": I think this is a cute combo, but I prefer the more traditional spelling Jackson. If you're going to make it a double middle combo, I would choose Flynn because the r sound at the end of the Theodore and beginning of Reid make it a little repetitive. 

Talon Archer (Reid) "Tal": I love all three names! I agree with the previous posts that the combo as a whole seems a little wordy. I like the suggestion of Talon Levi Reid. 

Maximus Othniel (Flynn): I like Maximus, especially with the nickname Max. Othniel isn't really my style, but it works in this combo. Flynn is adorable! :) 

• Barbie likes this

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

Toby Levi is handsome. I'm not a fan of Garth though.
Asa Lincoln is really handsome!! Nash isn't my style sorry.
Jaxon Theodore is really handsome. I prefer Jackson myself. Reid is okay, I love Flynn.
Talon Archer, I like! I loooove Archer of course, Talon is nice. Again Reid is okay.
Maximus Othniel is interesting. I like Maximus, Othniel isn't my style.
  • Barbie likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users