• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 maryexpects

maryexpects

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:09 AM

I had a baby boy two weeks ago and I am still indecisive about the name.

I am looking for a good English/Biblical First Name; A second name that is Indian but isn't common and difficult to pronounce.

In short first name (i.e. the English/Biblical name) shouldn't be hard to pronounce for the Indians and the second name (i.e. the Indian name) shouldn't be hard to pronounce for the English.  :mellow:

I liked Nathaniel and Nathan but these two have high chances of being mispronounced.

I currently have Johann and Johanan in mind for the first name. But I am afraid that these might sound feminine if mispronounced.

The reason we liked the above name is because it means "God is gracious' or 'God has given'

The name (if possible) must contain a combination of any two of the following 'Jo' 'Mo' 'Ro' 'Ris' 'Sha' 'Th' 'Na' 'Ph' 

Any help would be very much appreciated. 

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:16 AM

I'm not very familiar with Indian names, however, looking online there are a few commonly used ones that I think translate very easily for english speakers.

Again I'm not sure if these are traditional Indian names, but they are commonly used in India...

Arun (very similar to Aaron)

Inder (I like the similarity to Ender which has gotten some attention from the book and recent movie Ender's Game).

Ajay or Jay

Zeal (also works as a word/virtue name)

Raj (This name is very familiar in the US and in pop culture because of the character on Big Bang Theory so I don't see this name being confusing to many people)

Damian

Dev

Omar (also a biblical name)

Rohan

As for first names, here are some more biblical names that contain the letter elements..

Jonah

Joseph

Timothy

I think you may be limiting yourself with so much criteria.  Having specific criteria is great to narrow down a list, but if you aren't finding anything you like, you may want to broaden your search by dropping a few requirements.

I hope this helps.  Good Luck and Congrats on your new baby boy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users