5 replies to this topic

#1 Squared

Squared

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 03:10 PM

This is for for a story that my other question on this board was from (I know, I'm taking on more than I can chew with two stories going at the same time. I swear I have ADD).

I thought I liked the names I had, but I'm not so sure anymore. What do you think when you hear these descriptions?

These four girls are sisters.

One:
Beautiful, 17 year old girl. Sweet, feisty and idealistic. Immature yet poised; despite trying to act older than she is, it is clear she is still an impressionable, self-possessed teen. Is notorious for not being able to keep a boyfriend. Was thinking Molly.

Two:
Rambunctious, 15 year old girl. Charismatic, rebellious, and sarcastic. She is who she is, and doesn’t care what people think. She has common sense, but doesn’t always use it, going against rules and not taking no for an answer. Was thinking Nora.

Three:
14 year old girl with hidden beauty. Quiet, slight, charming. Although very pretty, has never been thought as more than a friend. Is quite and shy to some, but can be outgoing and lively in comfortable situations. Was thinking Bridget.

Four:
13 year old girl who is a tomboy. Outgoing, boisterous, and amusing. Athletic, yet clumsy, and isn’t easily offended; she’s willing to laugh at herself as well as others. She is a good friend, always able to cheer someone up. Was thinking Renee.

What do you think? Do these names fit?

#2 HarmonyP

HarmonyP

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Well, obviously, I love names! They're so fun to look for and to search for the right name for the right character. I love writing, which is why I'm in constant search for a good name. I want to be an author one day, so my fingers are crossed. I also enjoy dance and hanging out with my friends.

Posted 19 November 2008 - 04:41 PM

This is for for a story that my other question on this board was from (I know, I'm taking on more than I can chew with two stories going at the same time. I swear I have ADD).

I thought I liked the names I had, but I'm not so sure anymore. What do you think when you hear these descriptions?

One:
Beautiful, 17 year old girl. Sweet, feisty and idealistic. Immature yet poised; despite trying to act older than she is, it is clear she is still an impressionable, self-possessed teen. Is notorious for not being able to keep a boyfriend. Was thinking Molly.

Two:
Rambunctious, 15 year old girl. Charismatic, rebellious, and sarcastic. She is who she is, and doesn’t care what people think. She has common sense, but doesn’t always use it, going against rules and not taking no for an answer. Was thinking Nora.

Three:
14 year old girl with hidden beauty. Quiet, slight, charming. Although very pretty, has never been thought as more than a friend. Is quite and shy to some, but can be outgoing and lively in comfortable situations. Was thinking Bridget.

Four:
13 year old girl who is a tomboy. Outgoing, boisterous, and amusing. Athletic, yet clumsy, and isn’t easily offended; she’s willing to laugh at herself as well as others. She is a good friend, always able to cheer someone up. Was thinking Renee.

I like the names you have, but if you're not sure about them I have several suggestions.

17-year-old:
Regina nickname Gina
Leslie
Amanda
Felicity

15-year-old:
Sadie
Ainsley
Camilla
Lucy

14-year-old:
Mackenzie
Phobe
Bethany
Daniella

13-year-old:
Taylor
Paisley
Erica
Justine

I hope you like a few of these if you're not sure about the names you picked. Your names were good as well though.

#3 Sunny

Sunny

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:20 AM

One: I dont think Molly fits. I suggest Daisy

Two: Nora suits her really well.

Three: Bridget suits fine, i was thinking Charlotte.

Four: Renee suits fine.

#4 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:03 PM

I like all your names except Renee...maybe something that could have a unisex nickname.
Ex Samantha nn Sam
Alexandra nn Alex
Wilhelmina nn Wil

or something like these

#5 lostladyknight

lostladyknight

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Location:Somewhere east of the Atlantic and west of the Pacific.

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:14 PM

Honestly I love all of the names you've got picked out.

Don't change a thing.

:( Your story sounds awesome!

When can I read it?

#6 Caitlin

Caitlin

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:I like writing, reading, biking, and baby names. <br />I'm a musical fanatic, play the violin, and I'm a child of God.<br />

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:52 PM

One:

Two:

Three:

Four:

The first girl made me think Reese. Molly doesn't strike me as quite right. Reese, or the nickname Joss came to mind. Joss is a good nickname for Jocelyn and Josephine.

Girl number two sounds like me. Name her Caitlin. :( Just kidding. Although, honestly, the name does fit. Lynn or Lynna. The nickname Cat struck me even before her similarities to me did. Catherine, Cathleen, and Caitlin work.

The third girl strikes me as a Kenzie, a Harmony, or a Graziella. Maybe a Selena.

The fourth girl sounds Amanda - ish. Mandy is a good nickname for someone like this.

Sorry. The first thing that comes to mind for me is nicknames, and then real names.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users