5 replies to this topic

#1 Ninan

Ninan

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

Ok, so I was thinking about my lovely list of names and for some reason instead of thinking "good job, that is an awesome set of names right there!" I thought instead "would I actually use these on a child?"

And my answer was... probably not, especially since I do not want to have any more than five and my list has 10+ names on it. So now I am having a naming crisis, lol.

So I was wondering... all of you moms/moms to be - did your naming style change when it actually came time to pick a name for a real little person?

#2 BabyNameRater

BabyNameRater

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

Actually yes, when I got pregnant with Caia (and again with Magnus) I looked at my names and realized 98% of them were really only GP's such as Seraphina, Rosalia and Jacoby, all names I loved and still love but discovered I would never use on a real child haha

#3 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:05 AM

With my oldest child, yes. But it was his father's decision. He was originally going to be Atomis Draven and I was going to go through with it but when we found out I was pregnant, his dad freaked haha. For my daughter, there were just too many names to choose from period.

There's a bunch of names on my list right now that I know I would never name a child or see myself using.

#4 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

I am currently pregnant with my first. The names that are our top picks for a boy or girl are a tad different from what was initially on my list but not dramatically.

I think mostly what changed is that before I had "my list" and now that we have one on the way there is a bit more give and take since I have to incorporate my bf likes and dislikes as well. Our girls name was no where near my tops, but it is a family name on his side and I was able to have some input with the middle name and nickname.

Our boys name took a while to agree on. It was my ABSOLUTE favorite name for a boy so in that regard nothing changed. But I've always looked to my name list and considered if I could actually see myself using these names on a child. At first my bf didn't like it and I had a top 4-5 names that I really liked and could picture my self using and I also had a long list of boys names that I liked although most of those were guilty pleasures. My bf would go through the list and pick out a lot of the names he liked that were more on my guilty pleasures list and I would consider it but in the end, I just really couldn't see them on a child.

#5 Ninan

Ninan

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

I think for me, the name Persephone is the one that got me. I like the name, I think it has cute nicknames... but I don't think I'll end up using it. Sort of funny since my last list in my sig even has it as a top five -_-

And now to top it all off, I'm becoming disenchanted with my top 'A' name (Aubrey). *swoon* It's really bothering me, since I feel obligated to have an A name ready. Every first girl in our family has a name that starts with A, but I'm just not in love with any A names.

Arggggghhhhhhh.

#6 BabyNameRater

BabyNameRater

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

Aubrey is my sisters name, I could definitely see it on a baby, and I could see Persephone as a middle name being acceptable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users