• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:39 PM

I've been in love with how Aleksandr looks. I guess I dislike X's or something, and it looks nice!

I'm the type of person who greatly dislikes "creative" and "Unique" spellings, yet this does appeal to me :P

It is the russian variation, so it's not made up. I've been in loooove with Russian names! Nikolai, Pasha, Katya, Aleksandr... etc.

So would it be bad to use these spellings? I know I made a topic about using a bunch of the russian names, which I have no problems with. Now, I just wonder on spelling? I found on some websites that this was the right way Russians would spell it, even though they do technically have a much different alphabet. Yeah, I'm not the least bit Russian, and who knows if I'll actually marry someone who is! Maybe I'll get lucky and will... haha!

So, your opinions on Aleksandr? Would it make me look uneducated to use it? I may even use it as only a middle name anyways :)

Thanks! <3

#2 Guest_Layla_Girl_*

Guest_Layla_Girl_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:51 PM

I love the spelling, except I would add an e between the d & r, Aleksander.

The other Russian names you listed are BEAUTIFUL. I love the names Katya & Nikolai

#3 _Nikkay_

_Nikkay_

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:58 PM

I love the spelling Aleksandr.
I think I may even like it a little more than Alexander.

My friend spells his name Aleksandr so that may be why I like that spelling more, because I grew up knowing someone who spelled it that way.

When I was younger though, and I first saw how he spelled his name I asked my mom why he spelled it the 'wrong way'.
It wasnt until later that I learned it was the russian spelling and then idk, it grew on me. lol.

#4 -TebowTime-

-TebowTime-

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 06:12 PM

Nope! Use those spellings! Most people know how to spell them. I know a lot of Russians, I can get some more names if you every need them!

Do you liek the name Paval/Pavel

#5 Zalivor

Zalivor

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:46 AM

I love it. :P

You know me: a sucker for anything Russian. :)

I really do think it's cleaner and more...interesting looking. I don't like trendy spellings, but I do like Russian ones!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users