77 replies to this topic

#1 Anna.

Anna.

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:21 AM

We were all named but are there any names that you were "almost named"? List your real name and any names that your parents also considered for you and any thoughts on them.

Me- Anna Lynn

Almost named:
Austyn- My mother's unisex idea...
Stephanie- One of my least favorite names :wub:
Emily- Ehh, I could have lived with it.
Elise- The only one on the list I would have actually liked to be named.
Jenna- But my Aunt & Uncle had a dog named Jenna, haha.

What about you?

#2 -SassyCassie-

-SassyCassie-

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:26 AM

well i'm cassandra asmus

but i was almost named lacey which my aunt really liked but apperntly my dad was so against the name because it sounds like a hooker name ha that's what all i know my almost name ha :wub:

#3 AvalonEve

AvalonEve

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:31 PM

well i'm cassandra asmus

but i was almost named lacey which my aunt really liked but apperntly my dad was so against the name because it sounds like a hooker name ha that's what all i know my almost name ha :wub:

Taylor, Brooke or Jasmine. I would have preferred any of those as opposed to Ashley.

#4 Amanda Katherine

Amanda Katherine

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:I love music, musicals, art, writing, theater, names, making friends, and having fun.

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:40 PM

Amanda Katherine

Rebecca- I think this is the only one I would have actually liked
Christina- My brother's name is Chris and my mom wanted my name to match
Angela- my dad had a 'thing' for a girl named Angela :wub:

#5 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:49 PM

My name is Alyssa LeeAnn.

I was almost named:

Danika Dean ~ oh, my goodness, EW!

Michael Ann Josephine ~ the feminine version of my biological father's name, Michael Joseph. Well, my mom was 16. Quickly she got over that, thank goodness!

Ummm, I know there are more, but I can't think of them at the moment!

~alyssa

#6 Sami Marie

Sami Marie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Names
    Movies
    Music
    Family

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:55 PM

Me: Samantha Marie
My dad had suggested Patricia. If i had been Patricia I would probably go by Tricia or Trish. I love the idea and would probably use it as a middle name now since Ken's mom is Patricia and my dad is Patrick. LOL.
Other than Patricia I dont know of any others that my parents thought of...except for if I were a boy I was gonna be Nathan or Nathaniel. I prefer Nathan and would love to use it.

Here are the few other people I know their could have been names:

My niece: Catarina Liliana
If she were a boy, she would have been Anthony Charles in honor of someone in her mom's family. She got Catarina Liliana because my brother wanted a very Italian name for her. She gets called Cat or Lily and the obvious Catarina.

My friend Elizabeth Ann's younger brother Michael Scott was gonna be Jessica Marie if he was a girl. Its actually on his birth certificate cause the doctors told his mom he was a girl. In the end Elizabeth's siblings are Michael Scott, Maria Eileen and Erin Lynn, in age order.

#7 Rawbecah

Rawbecah

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:57 PM

My name is Rebecca Paige.

I was almost named...
Stacy Tyler- Ehh...what were my parents even thinking
Roxanne Paige- This is the only name that I really like
Jasmine Claire- Its okay

#8 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:22 PM

My full name (which I'm not very fond of) is Roseanne Judy.

The only other name that I know my parents had in mind is Betsy. I am so glad they chose Roseanne!

#9 Aleigh_Elizabeth

Aleigh_Elizabeth

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with my family<br />Music<br />Writing<br />Racing<br />Baseball<br />Football

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:52 PM

Full name: Aleigh Elizabeth

Other Choices:
Anne Elizabeth
Ashen Elizabeth

Or if i was a boy
Joseph

Except for having to pronounce Aleigh for most people. I do love it because it is different. I wouldn't have minded being Ashen either though.

#10 Guest_Tora_*

Guest_Tora_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:00 PM

My name is Victoria Elizabeth

Other names my parents considered:

Megan Emily- My mom loved this name but my dad shot it down (thank goodness)
Francesca nn. Frankie, Charlotte nn. Charlie, Theodora nn. Teddy and Andrea nn, Andie- My dad likes girls to have girly names
Jolynn- It's a combo of my dad's mn. Joseph and my mom's name Lynn. It's my little sister's mn.
Elizabeth Ann- I would've liked this one
Nicole Roberta- After my uncle and my dad

If I was a boy I would've been Nicholas Robert after my uncle and dad

#11 Tyler

Tyler

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:20 PM

I'm not really sure what was going on in my parents' minds...if I was a girl, pretty much the only plan was Tyler Marie, which I can definitely deal with. I HATED Tyler when I was little, but it has completely grown on me. Marie's such a filler, but it's after my great-grandmother, so I'll cut them some slack.

If I was a boy, however, it was going to be Spencer Trowbridge (Trowbridge is a family name). I probably could have dealt with that...I don't think too many boys think about their names anyways.

What made them think that Tyler was a more feminine name than Spencer, I'll never really know. :wub:

#12 D3sire

D3sire

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:59 PM

Me - Tiffany Rose
My mom chose Tiffany after the Eagles song Hotel California (I love the song but hate the name). My dad isn't/wasn't a fan of my name. Rose is my mothers middle name.

My mom liked:
Deanna - Tiffany & Deanna were her top picks and last minute she decided on Tiffany. While it isn't really my style I prefer it to the name I was given and it has better nn potential ie. Anna, Dee.

She also briefly considered:
Stephanie - Again it isn't really my thing and like Tiffany it is 80's dated but I think I prefer this slightly to Tiffany just because it seems less cutesy.
Sarah - This is my favorite of the names she considered.

My dad liked:

Danielle - I much prefer this to my name. My mom didn't like it because of a bad association she had with the name.
Stephanie - I am really not sure why they didn't go with Stephanie considering it was on both of their lists and my dad wasn't a fan of Tiffany...

My paternal grandmother suggested that they name me Bethany. Bethany/Beth is one of my least favorite names ever and I definitely prefer Tiffany. My maternal grandmother liked Brandy and Dina :wub: Again I MUCH prefer Tiffany.

If I was a boy I would have been Christopher John. I don't think they even considered anything else. John is my fathers mn.

#13 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:28 PM

Given Name: Hayden Noelle

Considered Names by Dad:
Lynette- I think its kinda cute, I could easily deal with it
Danielle- I like it, nn Ellie, though he was gunna call me Dan ._.
Samantha- also okay, though not a fav. Especially since he wanted to call me Manny o.o" (mom kinda liked Sam or Sammy, but dad wanted Manny, so it was a quick vito THANK GOD)

Considered Names by Mom:
Kaylin Rose- its okay. I think it would have been ironic, being my closest friend group all has names that every family members name starts with a K (besides one with a C) so that would have been funny.
Austen- not my fav on a girl...
Cameron- I think I could deal :wub: Its a nice name, though not very me lol

#14 Guest_Zayda_*

Guest_Zayda_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:36 PM

Given name: Zayda Monica

Almost:
Probably something after someone in my huge family. My mother named me when she was almost 9 months into the pregnancy. She was at a Spanish Market and she heard someone yell "Zaida" (Spanish version of my name). She wasn't sure if it was a name or a thing, but she liked it alot. She told my dad and he didn't really care. She still has no idea where Monica came from.

So... I don't really have an 'almost name'. Ever since she figured out what she wanted, I've gone by it.

PS: I -and the rest of the English population- pronounce my name "Say-da"

#15 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:13 AM

All I know is that if I were a boy my mom wanted to name me Daniel, but two months before I was born my Uncle named his son Daniel. (MOM was not happy, especially since he was on my Dad's side of the family.)

My younger sister Madeline "Maddie" was almost Amelia (which she hates) and probably would have been had she not been born with red hair and my mom HAD to name her Madeline.

#16 Guest_~*Jacey*~_*

Guest_~*Jacey*~_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:26 AM

My mom wanted to name me Hannah, Ava or Grace.. in the 80's these weren't trendy or popular like they are today.
If I were a boy I would have been Spencer.

In the end my dad picked my name. Not sure where Stacey came from, but Jayne is after my godmother (my dad's best friend's wife)

#17 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:59 AM

Whoa! Seriously! I always thought it was 'z'ay-da!

I feel stupid.

:o

:(

~alyssa

#18 BellaBoo

BellaBoo

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:The Boston Bruins. Harry Potter. My best friends. Country Music. London. Baby Names :)

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:35 AM

My name is Dani Elizabeth

My mom wanted Aubrey (after the song by Bread), Emma, Emily or Kristen. I would have preferred ANY of these over Dani, for sure.
Dad won out though, and got Dani Elizabeth, the only name he wanted.

If I was a boy, I would have been Joshua. Which I love and would absolutely use for a son.

#19 Guest_Zayda_*

Guest_Zayda_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2009 - 05:11 PM

Whoa! Seriously! I always thought it was 'z'ay-da!

I feel stupid.

:o

:(

~alyssa

Seriously :o

But who knows, I might be saying it wrong! Or maybe I suck at writing out the pronounciation.

#20 Momo Cicerone

Momo Cicerone

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Interests:-Manga/Anime
    -Reality shows
    -Fanfiction (ages ago)
    -Books (Science fiction, Romance, Fantasy, Poetry, Adventure, Suspense, etc)
    -Shopping (shoes -watched too much Sex & the City)
    -Movies (and popcorn)
    -Surfing the internet
    -Video games (ages ago)
    -Dogs (Have an Alaskan Malamute named Zoe)
    -Karaoke (could stay all night long)
    -Drawing (ages ago, already lost my touch)

Posted 27 November 2009 - 07:42 PM

Given name: Zayda Monica

Almost:
Probably something after someone in my huge family. My mother named me when she was almost 9 months into the pregnancy. She was at a Spanish Market and she heard someone yell "Zaida" (Spanish version of my name). She wasn't sure if it was a name or a thing, but she liked it alot. She told my dad and he didn't really care. She still has no idea where Monica came from.

So... I don't really have an 'almost name'. Ever since she figured out what she wanted, I've gone by it.

:o :o :blink:

No es por nada, pero ahora ya puedo entender porque no te gustaba tu nombre :blink:. Para mi, "Say-da" es como siempre lo habia dicho y la verdad nunca me parecio un "mal" nombre, pero "Zaida" en español deja mucho que desear :blink:
En qué estaba pensando tu mamá!!! :(

Me - Deysi

I would have been - Were not for the nurse who was taking care of my mother when I was born, I would have been given a spanish name like Maria *insert catholical mn here* . My sister's name are Maria Eugenia -she hates it- and Maria Josefina -She hated it so much she eventually changed her name to Marianella. So I guess, I would have been something like Maria Chiquinquirá -No joke, that's our town's saint virgin's name.

I'll be forever grateful to that anonymous nurse :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users