Photo

Hi, it's been awhile. Feedback on my list, please?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mishada

Mishada

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, I guess.

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:02 AM

It has been a looong time since I started a topic (computer crash, lost all my data, many sad emoticons have been used since) sooo here is my boy name list... I think I'm finally getting it squared away even with the setback. :) You guys are always so great to me and I want to hear what you think. Keep in mind that there really isn't any definite order beyond the first three. Ignore my signature.

Feel free to rate, comment, criticize or compliment. I'm not picky. I just want feedback. :)

Dexter Benjamin
Garrett Anthony (also Anthony Garrett, I flip flop the order every single day. My only truly undecided fave.)
Samuel Dominic
Joshua Malcolm
Zachary Dillon
Marcus Gabriel
William Alec
Nathaniel Dean
Matthew Rhys
Sullivan Arthur

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:18 AM

Dexter Benjamin - Nice! I really like the name Dexter (I'm playing around with it for a girl character in a story). I knew a Dexter in highschool and he was the only one I've ever known by that name. Definitely underused and goes wonderfully with Benjamin.
Garrett Anthony/Anthony Garrett - Hmm. I think Anthony Garrett has more of a ring to it, but I prefer the name Garrett to Anthony. But that's just me, I've always had a hang up on the names Anthony and Adrian for some reason.
Samuel Dominic - Samuel is okay, it is classic but a little too much on the softer side for my taste. I've never liked the nn Sam. The styles of Sameul & Dominic clash slightly but not overtly and the stronger Dominic complements Samuel well.
Joshua Malcolm - Both these names go together nicely. I've always disliked the nn Josh but Joshua is nice. I wish more people went by Joshua than Josh, this is one of those names where the nn ruins it for me.
Zachary Dillon - LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! I much prefer this spelling of Dillon as well.
Marcus Gabriel - Both these names are just okay for me, but together the are AMAZING!! I think the nn Marc would be adorable.
William Alec - Great Combo & two great names.
Nathaniel Dean - LOVE!
Matthew Rhys - Nice. I love this spelling of Rhys.
Sullivan Arthur - I actually know a "Sullivan" his name is Josh Sullivan (Sullivan is the last name) but because there are soooo many Josh's everyone calls him Sullivan. I didn't know it was his last name until about a year after I met him. I really like the combo of Sullivan Arthur.

Hmm. My favorites would have to be. Dexter Benjamin, Marcus Gabriel, William Alec & Zachary Dillon in that order.

#3 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:15 AM

Dexter Benjamin ~ I've never been fond of Dexter myself, but I think its a fine name. It's unique and quirky :D
Garrett Anthony/Anthony Garrett ~ I think it all depends on the last name :) Cause if the last name is short, Anthony Garret would sound better. But if it's long, I think Garret Anthony would sound better. I like it a lot though!
Samuel Dominic ~ I like it!! Depending on how you say Samuel though. Cause if you say it Sam-you-ell, then the flow would be a bit off :/ But if you say it Sam-yull (Yull rhyming with Mule lol!) then It'd sound very handsome!!
Joshua Malcolm ~ I like it! Malcolm is so underused and handsome! And it looks really nice with Joshua : D
Zachary Dillon ~ LOVE! It sounds really nice! And I like how you spelled Dillon, I've seen Dylan wayyyy to much!
Marcus Gabriel ~ Love!
William Alec ~ SUPER handsome!!! Love it, love it!! It flows nicely, and just sounds sooo handsome!!
Nathaniel Dean ~ It's nice
Matthew Rhys ~ Love
Sullivan Arthur ~ Hehe, I like it! :)

Hope I help!

~ Haddie

#4 Mishada

Mishada

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, I guess.

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:37 AM

Woot! Thanks, Katie! It looks like most of them get a thumbs up. :))) Now, to comment on your comments:

Dexter Benjamin - I've never met a Dexter, and I love how it walks the line between vaguely familiar and obscure. Most people have heard it, can spell it and say it, but most I talk to don't personally know a Dexter. I'm so so so glad you like it! Most people aren't fans, but then again I'm not a fan of Kayden, Jacob, or Finn so I guess I'm even with them.
Garrett Anthony/Anthony Garrett - Yeah, I like Garrett better than Anthony overall. Anthony Garrett only tops it half the time because I'm not sure I'd like Gary as a possible nickname and Anthony Garrett definitely flows better.
Samuel Dominic - Yeah, Samuel didn't make my top ten until I paired it with Dominic and got over the Sam Winchester (of Supernatural) association. I love how it goes with Dominic, and I do love Sam as a nickname. I'd love to use Dominic as a first name, but I fear the same letter thing and Dexter is #1 sooo..
Joshua Malcolm - I'd probably call him Josh half of the time, but I would definitely use Joshua the other half. I love both names equally, but I would never just name my son Josh. Malcolm is a name I wish I could use as a first name. I just don't feel brave enough.
Zachary Dillon - Yeah, I definitely prefer Dillon, especially since... ugh... female Dylans have appeared. Hopefully the Dillon spelling is too masculine without the Y for a gender flip. Of course, it's only a middle name and Zachary is definitely male so I don't think there will be any confusion.
Marcus Gabriel - I definitely plan to use Marc. :)
William Alec - Thanks, this is one of the more controversial (though one of my longer-standing) names. I just love how it sounds. :D))
Nathaniel Dean - Me too. I just worry about it being N heavy, but I think as long as there is no N in the last name is should flow nicely.
Matthew Rhys - Definitely like Rhys over Reece.
Sullivan Arthur - Blame Monsters Inc. for me liking Sully as a nickname. I never thought I'd be big on the last-names-for-first-names trend... but I do spot several on my list. I love Arthur with Sullivan because Sullivan feels very Irish and Arthur feels very English/Medieval. I just picture a ton of rolling green hills, castles and knights on horseback.

Sorry, just me rambling about my faves. I'm not sure I really elaborated on much at all really. Oh well. ;)

Thanks to you too, Hayden-san!

Dexter Benjamin ~ I like quirky. I also like how it sounds with my favorite girl name, Eliza. Dexter and Eliza. So happy. :P
Garrett Anthony/Anthony Garrett ~ I definitely see your point, maybe that means I'll just have to keep both names on my list just in case lol. :o))
Samuel Dominic ~ I pronounce it the second way... I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone say it all the way out.
Joshua Malcolm ~ I like it! Malcolm is so underused and handsome! And it looks really nice with Joshua : D
Zachary Dillon ~ Thank you. I worry about a bit about a pickle/grocery store association but I don't think that's too bad.
Marcus Gabriel ~ :P)))))
William Alec ~ YAY for caps!
Nathaniel Dean ~ Yeah, like I told Katie, I think the N heaviness slows down the flow. I still think it sounds mighty handsome, though, so I'll stick with it.
Matthew Rhys ~ Muchas gracias, seņorita. :)
Sullivan Arthur ~ This one is the newest on my list, and Sullivan is halfway to GP so I'm sooo pleased both of you veterans like it.

#5 -Tara

-Tara

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:16 PM

Dexter Benjamin--im not a fan of Dexter, but i love Benjamin
Garrett Anthony-- good combo
Samuel Dominic--nms
Joshua Malcolm--like Joshua but not Malcolm
Zachary Dillon--love Zachary, not really a fan of the name Dillon
Marcus Gabriel--love Gabriel but not Marcus
William Alec--Love William, Alec is ok
Nathaniel Dean--Cute
Matthew Rhys--its ok
Sullivan Arthur--like Arthur but not Sullivan

my favorite is Garrett Anthony

#6 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 12,161 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:17 AM

Dexter Benjamin - Dexter is definitely growing on me.. though I much prefer Dixon :] Benjamin is a favourite of mine! It's a very handsome combo, great flow and most likely one of my favourites on this list.

Garrett Anthony - Garrett isn't one of my favourites. It's just not my style and I had a teacher with it as a surname, so it will always remind me of that. Anthony is quite frankly awesome as a mn. I much prefer it in that slot. I think I would prefer Graham Anthony or an alternative to Garrett, but the flow and the combo itself is perfect.

Samuel Dominic - I love Samuel but Dominic again is not my style. I don't like the 3 and 3 syllables in the combo, but both names are good on their own. What about Samuel Dexter? Or Samuel Dean?

Joshua Malcolm - Adore Joshua :] But Malcolm is not on my list of liked names. As much as I love Malcolm in the middle.. I unfortunately hate the name.. (don't mean to offend ofc :]! ) The flow of this combo is perfect however and the names overall are great.

I'll finish this off when I have the time.. sorry Heather!!!! ♥

Zachary Dillon
Marcus Gabriel
William Alec
Nathaniel Dean
Matthew Rhys
Sullivan Arthur

#7 D3sire

D3sire

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:40 AM

Dexter Benjamin - I love Dexter. It is my cats name but more of a guilty pleasure when it comes to people. I think the show Dexter which is about a serial killer might conjure up some bad images for some. Overall I think the combos flows well.
Garrett Anthony - I am not a fan of Garrett. It feels a bit 'down south/country' to me. I don't think the names are well matched for style. Anthony makes me think New York while Garrett makes me think Texas. If that makes sense?...
Samuel Dominic - I like Samuel but not loving the pairing. Samuel gives me the boy next door feel while I get a 'bad boy' vibe from Dominic.
Joshua Malcolm - I don't love either name. The combo is just ok for me.
Zachary Dillon - I don't care for either name. Both feel really 90's dated to me.
Marcus Gabriel - I love Gabriel not crazy about Marcus though. I suppose the combo is ok.
William Alec - I love William, such a strong name! Alec works well here.
Nathaniel Dean - I like the combo. Good flow.
Matthew Rhys - I would prefer this in reverse only because I find Matthew a bit bland.
Sullivan Arthur - I am not loving Sullivan. Arthur is pretty cool. I think I would also prefer this in reverse.

#8 ReadeAlexandra

ReadeAlexandra

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:16 AM

Samuel Dominic
William Alec << love the nn Will
Matthew Rhys << love the nn Hewie for Matthew
Sullivan Arthur

#9 Aliame

Aliame

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:27 PM

Dexter Benjamin - I LOVE DEXTER. or DEX for short. If i end up having 2 sons, DEXTER is def. gonna be one of their names. It's still a ways away, but its climbing up the popularity charts.
Garrett Anthony/Anthony Garrett - I like it... not a favorite... but its okay.
Samuel Dominic - I also think Samuel is a very classic name. Sammy, Sam, gives the kid a lot of options as he grows.
Joshua Malcolm - I dated a Josh.. my opinion is now jaded.
Zachary Dillon - Not a bad name, only thing is every zach i know is HYPER. Be prepared for a Zach Attack
Marcus Gabriel - not big on Marcus, but i LOVE Gabriel. That's the numba 1 boy choice for me and hubby.
William Alec - I like William... but im not in love with it.
Nathaniel Dean - Nate, Nathan, Nathaniel... i like them all.
Matthew Rhys - I grew up in an age where there were a lot of Matthew/Matt going around. Not a bad name, i like it, but for me it has been overused and im not ready for it to come back yet
Sullivan Arthur - reminds me of Monsters Inc ... Big, Fat, and Blue LOL

My favorite names on the whole are in Bold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users