10 replies to this topic

#1 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

The famed teen mom, Leah, who is known for having twin girls,Aliannah & Aleeah, at the tender age of 16 on MTV's reality show- 16 & Pregnant, has welcomed her 3rd child with husband, Jeremy Calvert via C-section. Reports say that Leah was not due until another month. The couple welcomed the baby girl on February 4th and named her......

Addalynn

No news on the middle name has been released.

I have a strong sense that Leah love to have double letter in names. Aliannah, Aleeah, & Addalyn
Personally I love the name but the spelling is just not my cup of tea.

SO, what do you ladies think?

#2 ßlush

ßlush

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Paying off student loans & over-priced coffee.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

Oh, I was wondering if she'd had her yet. I admit, reality t.v. is one of my guilty pleasures - I can't get enough of it. :wub:
Anyway.
Addalynn...not my style anyway, and with that spelling? ..yeah, definitely "eh". Not that I was expecting much since she has an Aliannah and Aleeah. I didn't have a lot of faith, lol.
Since the baby was early, I hope everyone's doing well though.
  • EmilyA likes this

#3 Riley_Jane

Riley_Jane

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Singing, Acting, Dancing, Writing, Names, Event Planning, Hiking, Fitness, Cooking, Baking, and Exploring new things!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

I think all three names are adorable! I understand everyone has different taste in names though. I might have spelled Aleeah differently, but I even like the spellings of Aliannah and Addalyn!
  • ßlush likes this

#4 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

I'm a little obsessive when it comes to my shows. Normally reality ones aren't high on my list, but I've been following 16&pregnant since it started.

I've always thought Aliannah and Aleeah were close for twins. I would have preferred something more along the lines of Alana and Aleah. (Though I wouldn't have personally gone for names starting in the same sound). Anna and Leah would have probably been my pick, (If Leah hadn't had the same name!) I think since they call them Gracie and Ali, they could have just called them that in the first place.

Back on track though.

I like Adalyn(n) -Spelt this way-, but Addalynn is not the worst I've seen. The name itself is gorgeous IMO. :wub:

• alyssa897 likes this

#5 Lazuli

Lazuli

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

I LOVE Adalyn. I'm considering it for a future baby name. However, I am not a fan of Addalynn. Too many letters that aren't necessary.

#6 Ninan

Ninan

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

I also think Adalyn (or maybe even Adeline) would have been better. I just don't think Addalynn, Aleeah, or Aliannah will look right on a grown-up.

I would have gone for simple, sweet Ada.

#7 Kristi18

Kristi18

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Name Games Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,906 posts
  • Interests:Spending life with my husband.
    Cuddling with my kids.
    Hanging with my family.
    Enjoying God's creation.
    Laughing with friends.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

Love the name Adalyn, Adeline with the nn Addie. The spelling is a bit over the top - but not ridiculous or too kre8tive!
  • PaperHeart likes this

#8 Lazuli

Lazuli

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

Update: The name was misprinted. It's actually spelt Adalynn. Adalynn Faith.

#9 ßlush

ßlush

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Paying off student loans & over-priced coffee.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

Ohhh, that's much better. Wonder what they'll call her - I could see them calling her Addie. Ali, Gracie, & Adie/Addie!

#10 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

I remember watching Leah's episode of 16 and Pregnant and being so frustrated with her naming choices.

First off Aliannah and Aleeah sound too close for my taste. They both start with the same "Ali" sound and to top it all off the mom's name is actually in the name Aleeah. I think that's such a big no-no because it leaves the other twin out.

And the spelling of course is so problematic. A better choice would be Aliana and Aaliyah (which is still kinda crazy, but the famous singer spelled her name that way so it would be recognizable).

Addalynn fits in with her other children, but still the spelling is just bad. Adalyn would be so much better!

/rant
  • ßlush likes this

#11 A'sOnlyMommy

A'sOnlyMommy

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Cultural Studies, World History

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

I love the name! Addalynn is a pretty trashy way of spelling it though. My youngest's name is Adelyn, therefore it's obviously my favorite spelling of the name. As for her other children's names, Aliannah isn't a good name in my opinion and Aleeah would be much better spelled as Aleah or Aliya.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users