• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,881 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:03 PM

Elliot:
I have still been avoiding unisex names, but I came across Elliot on a girl, and was curious to your thoughts! Up till recently, I had little intrest in the nick name Ellie on a girl. I thought of longer names and Elliot seemed to fit right. I can see it on a girl now all a sudden. Opinions? Ive been looking at the combo Elliot Faith nn Ellie-Faith, WDYT?

Alaina Teagen:
I'm not sure how to spell Teagan/Teagen? But I kinda like this combo a lot! I'm thinking Alaina as a first name, Teagan Alaina doesnt seem to sound as good :P Which sounds best, Alaina Teagen/ Teagan Alaina/ or neither?

Eden Willow:
I read the name Eden in a book I was reading (Tricks by Ellen Hopkins lol) and I'm loving it!

Emma-Leigh:- sound pointless?
I kinda think it looks prettier then Emily, but is it kinda pointless to add so much extra to it? Does it look really trendy or too long? Any opinions are welcomed lol

Lastly, how do these three sound as sib sets? Ellie, Emma, and Eden? Or Ellie-Faith, Emma-Kate, and Eden/Edy-___?

Thanks so much!!! ~Haddie

#2 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:05 PM

I had Evie, Emma and Eden as a sibset. :P <3

#3 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,881 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:54 PM

I still love Evy on a girl X3 So cute! Evy, Emma and Eden sound pretty, Yas! I can't find the perfect mn for Evy yet though, ah well :P

~Haddie

#4 Lilah

Lilah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

Here are my thoughts:

Elliot : I love the name Elliot. However, I love it for a boy, not a girl. I really don't think it looks good on a girl, but then again I think some names that were made for boys should stay that way (ex: Ryan, Dylan, Logan, Chase, etc). I think Ella, Ellie, Elizabeth, Eleanora and Eliana are very beautiful for a girl and would work with the nickname you want.

Alaina Teagan: I think Teagan could be spelled either way, but I think Teagan looks better. I love the name Alaina, it is very pretty. Overall, I think the combination is nice.

Eden Willow: I love this combination! I personally love both of these names, they are both on my list. Great choice!

Emma-Leigh: I think this combination is pretty, but pointless. It sounds exactly the same as Emily, so you might as well use the traditional spelling. However if you like Emma, there are alot of middle names that would go with this name.

Ellie, Emma, Eden as sib-set: I think this sib-set sounds great, it is very cute, but not too rhymy

#5 Mishada

Mishada

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, I guess.

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:03 PM

Elliot : I really wouldn't use it for a girl, but after Scrubs I don't have any problem picturing it. It just isn't my style. Elliot nn Ellie is nice.

Alaina Teagan: I prefer Elena (they are pronounce about the same, right?). The combo flows alright. I'm not really a fan of either name, but I don't hate them.

Eden Willow: I too love both of the names, though I would prefer Willow as a first name since I don't like Edie as a nn. I'm also not fond of putting two nouns together. Like Savannah Rose or Violet Lily; I just think it sounds cutesy and ridiculous. I think there are better combos out there.

Emma-Leigh: That is 4 unnecessary letters and a hyphen. I think it is too over-the-top. The first time I saw it this way it took two full minutes before I realized it is the exact same as Emily. I would stick with the originial.

Ellie, Emma, Eden as sib-set: I'm not fond of alliterative sib-sets, but at least they aren't rhymey. I guess i can see the appeal, and they do go alright together.

#6 Lazuli

Lazuli

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:28 AM

My favorite of those names is Eden Willow. I think that is a lovely name!

#7 -SassyCassie-

-SassyCassie-

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:32 PM

i love the names elliot and eden i think it sounds so cute :P

#8 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,881 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:37 AM

Thanks for the income! :)

For Elliot, I plan on keeping it as a guilty pleasure, being it is very masculine. I'm not sure why I picture it so well on a girl though lol

Elana is the same as Alaina I think, but I kinda do like that spelling too :P Elana Teagan looks as nice as Alaina, or maybe I can use Elaina. lol I'll have to figure that out XP

Thanks Lilah, Cassie, and Kyuuketsuki!!! I'm loving Eden Willow! Though, I hadn't noticed it was two nouns put together, Mishada :P I usually dont like two nouns put together either :/ Hmm...

I was thinking Emma-Leigh was kinda pointless. I adore the looks of both Emma and Leigh, and I think it looks kinda beautiful together. But, its needless to not just use Emily. Oh well :o

Yas suggested to me Evy, Emma, and Eden, which I love a lot, though I kinda think Eden and Evy are a bit close :P

Thank you soooooo much for the input!
~Haddie

#9 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:19 AM

I adore the name Elliot for a girl! Such a guilty pleasure name for me! I love the combo Elliot "Ellie" Quinn, which would be a cruel name to give a girl because its completely unisex. Elliot Faith is a very nice combo. I also think Elliot Rose or Elliot Marie would make a nice combo. Anything short and very feminine would complement it nicely. Since Elliot has been used for a girl on Scrubs, I think that would make it more accepted--though for a while, you would get association with the show, which can be a good or a bad thing depending how you feel. The potential nickname or Ellie or Elle makes it nice, too, if your daughter is opposed to having a blatantly masculine name. Another boy name I like on girls is Charlie, which is one you might like as well! I think using blatantly masculine names on girls can be cool and spunky.

Alaina Teagen--I would spell Alaina as Elena. Not a fan of Teagen, but the flow of the combo works well.

Eden Willow--Eden is a fantastic name, and I've been loving it as a middle name recently. Willow is not my style, but it works with Eden

Emma-Leigh: I like the fact that you're putting a twist on the very popular name. If I used Emily, I would spell it as Emilie/Emelie. Emma-Leigh is a bit awkward though, because it makes you pause and want to say Emma pause Leigh, instead of stringing the names together. I prefer just the name Emma over Emily. One combo I've been liking is Emma Katherine.

Ellie, Emma, and Eden are really cute together! I can't decide if they're too close or not....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users