Photo

Associations?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Associations (15 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think?

1. Marley the gold lab (Marley and Me! :P) (12 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. Bob Marley (the musician :D) (3 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Nothing... no associations to me (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Other (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:08 AM

Okay, so I brought up the name Marley to my family and friends and all.

Little brother said its kinda manly, not feminine at all. So I said it made me think of swooshy grass and he's like 'are you thinking of Barley?' and we laughed.

Daddy said it's forever associated with Marley and Me, and people with think dog. So I tried telling him maybe Bob Marley, and accidently said Barb Marley lol opps, and got laughed at again... But he agreed that Bob Marley was an assocation (plus it's where Marley got his name, in accordance to the movie and maybe the book. I don't remember the book well enough :/)

Mike told me the dog, Rye told me Bob Marley... Are either of these for you, too?

I personally think that Bob Marley isn't a bad association, I don't listen to his music or keep up with him, but I have friends who do. And I have no problem with that association. But Marley the troublsome dog.. idk.

I personally met a little girl named Marley and fell in love with it, so I think adorable toddler lol!

WDYT? Thanks!

#2 -Regan<3

-Regan<3

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:20 AM

I love it <3

That being said it reminds me of Bob Marley, but he was kinda cool in is own way.
My name either reminds people of the president or the girl from the Exorcist and for Shakespeare buffs a evil Princess who helped kill her father (King Lear)

I don't really worry about name Associations anymore lol :D

#3 -Tara

-Tara

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:28 PM

i know two girls named Marlee, both my age. they spell it like that.
thats what i think of when i hear the name. other than Bob Marley

#4 -TebowTime-

-TebowTime-

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:15 PM

Woof. (thats enough :D) I like it better on a boy

#5 Bekas

Bekas

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:31 PM

It reminds me of Bob Marley, but more so Marley Fest. Where I live marley fest is basically an excuse for kids to miss school and do drugs, so it's not necessarily always positive

#6 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:39 PM

Lolol! Are any of these bad associations is the better question!

Cause Mike said it'd be weird to have a dogs name association with it... but I didn't think it would. And if someone asked me about name associations, I would say "I just happened to come across the name Marley, and loved it!" Or maybe Bob Marley lol.. I have no problems with him an he is where I got the name from lol....

Haha, Marley Fest... not necessarily a good association, but doesn't really bother me or come to mind haha!

I dunno, I just get an adorable image in my head when I think of little Marley... cause I know one and all and she comes to mind. Almost looks like this:

Posted Image

lol! So yeah.... <3

I think I decided on a combination though... Marley Rye <3 Cause Rye would be after my bff :wub: <3

~ Haddie

#7 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:16 AM

I think of the dog, but I still love the name. I love the spelling Marlee on a little girl

#8 thirdandfinal

thirdandfinal

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:scrapbooking, photography, reading, movies, camping, family time.

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:25 PM

This was one of the girl names picked for my eldest, who is a boy. However, back then, Marley and Me didn't exist, I liked Marlie, and it was a name I'd only ever heard from a soap opera (Another World) that my mom loved when I was a kid. (There were twins, Marlie and Victoria).

I love the name, but...wouldn't use it now. :wub:

#9 Starlight

Starlight

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:34 AM

I honestly think of the dog.. :/
On a brighter note.. it is a sweet movie and it made me cry!!

There is a guy at my school.. in the year above me named Marley. I guess growing up with 'boys' named Marley.. I have always seen it as a boys name. Though it could work on a girl or a boy :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users