5 replies to this topic

#1 SolarKitty

SolarKitty

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Dancing, Swimming.

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:33 PM

I have always liked the name Nevaeh. But some of my friends think it is silly, so what are your thoughts on the name Nevaeh?

Yay or Nay? 

(im not having a kid, just wanted to hear thoughts on the name)

#2 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:24 PM

Personally, I'm not a fan. Sorry!

#3 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:09 PM

I'm not a fan either... it just looks so difficult to pronounce and spell!  I like Nora, Nova, Hayden, and Haven better!

#4 JennyB

JennyB

Superstar Baby Namer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:35 PM

Me neither. It was quick to rise in popularity a number of years ago, but I always thought it was an unusual name. I guess I am not a fan of how it was created. I realize that Heaven "backward" is not the same as "opposite of," but it always makes me think of that... I am not opposed to the sound of it so much, just how it came about, I guess.

#5 Laney

Laney

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Jem cartoon, ER, CSI: Miami, Full House, Sailor Moon (original anime and live-action), Flashpoint, Felicity, ID channel, Food Network baking competitions, MasterChef/MasterChef Junior/Junior MasterChef Australia, movies (mostly 80's and 90's), writing/reading fan-fiction, baking, vegan cooking, photography, traveling, cats, books and tv shows/movies about female murderers, swimming, bowling, drawing, surfing the internet, forensics, Netflix, 80's and 90's music, picture editing, shopping, coffee (decaf mostly, but I love mocha Frappuccinos too)

Posted 04 March 2018 - 11:34 AM

Nevaeh is awful!  Sorry.   It's Heaven spelled backwards so it feels unsophisticated and I can't picture that name for an adult.  Some people think it's "adorable", but that kid is gonna grow up eventually and will probably appreciate having a less trendy, cutesy sounding name. 

As an mid 80's baby/90's child, I hated my name because it was very trendy during that time period (no, Helena/Laney is not my actual name.  It's really Amanda.  I will legally change it when I can, but for now, I go by Laney) and I thought it was too cutesy.  I still have a hard time picturing Amanda for anyone who isn't between 21-35 years old.

Back to Nevaeh.  It's stuck in the 2000's.  I'd choose a name that will sound good no matter how old she gets.

#6 sigeweard

sigeweard

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 02:27 PM

I'm just wondering, who was the first person who got the idea to name their daughter the word "heaven" spelled backwards?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users